CA CA - Barstow, HispFem 14-19, UP6718, severed head in backpack, Feb'10

I agree. I would not call Barstow / Lenwood exactly desolate as compared to the 100's of mile of empty desert. Barstow is a major cross road for truckers and folks traveling to/from Nevada on the 15 or East on the 40 ("the river"). And Lenwood Road is the #1 Barstow stop for food, gas and shopping.

IF you did not want a body / head found, there are many better places along the same road to BURY something. For example, the Zyzzx road to nowhere.

i agree... but maybe the person who left it there really wasn't all that familiar w the area?

Also, there was a case of a dismembered Hispanic femal found at a recycling plant in Vegas sometime in the previous ten years, I want to say. Possibly related?

i think it is cartels. either she or family was involved.

Ok I got you now, of course! Good catch!

snipped from her thread:

The last post in her thread sounds like they know her but I don't see any reports that she has been ID'd.

:dunno:

ETA: I see who they mean now Jarrae was found in an Anaheim Waste and Recycling Facility: http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2014/03/headless_body_oc_waste_anaheim.php

yes this UID was mentioned in those threads due to her being found at a recycling plant. i dont think those cases were related though, JMO

There is and has been a sizeable Mexican drug related presence in Las Vegas. I don't think the two cases mentioned are related.

sometime within the past month or so, i read another post here, where a skull was found in a back pack in Texas off to the side of a highway....

i replied to that post saying it reminded me of THIS UID. but i didnt reply to this post. let me see if i can find and bump it.

If the girl was found near the border, there's a possibility she could have been Mexican, if she was listed as Hispanic. Remember, 'Hispanic' means 'from Spanish-speaking country', whereas 'Latino' doesn't.

If the girl was found near the border, there's a possibility she could have been Mexican, if she was listed as Hispanic. Remember, 'Hispanic' means 'from Spanish-speaking country', whereas 'Latino' doesn't.

Barstow is not particularly close to the Mexican border, and much less so to the popular areas of illegal border crossing. Also remember that the head was wrapped with grocery bags from Walgreens and from Fiesta Foods - a now defunct grocery store chain with nearly all of its locations near where the I-15 separates Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties. So it is likely that the killer didn't carry the head across the border.

The girl herself could have been from Mexico and might be why she isn't reported missing. I agree she met her fate in the inland empire most likely.

Barstow is not particularly close to the Mexican border, and much less so to the popular areas of illegal border crossing. Also remember that the head was wrapped with grocery bags from Walgreens and from Fiesta Foods - a now defunct grocery store chain with nearly all of its locations near where the I-15 separates Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties. So it is likely that the killer didn't carry the head across the border.

Patricia Castillo-Torres was only 12 when she went missing in 2009: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/35329/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back