CA CA - Bettina Antone, 44, Redding, 29 Mar 1980

I actually see a strong resemblance between her and the UID. Samuel Little confessed to murdering a women (with red/reddish hair IIRC) around the same time and in the same area as this UID was found. But how certain can anyone be that the unidentified woman is in fact the same woman Little killed and drew the reconstruction of? Even at that, his memory could have been slightly off about the hair (or other details).

Based on the information known and the original reconstruction of the UID, I think it’s possible this could be Bettina. A little over the estimated age range, but worth submitting in my opinion.

Yes it could be possible that she was alive for several years after her disappearance. She had schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder. My family held out hope for years that she could have been placed in a mental hospital somewhere but all leads have led nowhere. In answer to threads about if she was born with or without her teeth. She was most definitely born with teeth and got dentures a few years before she disappeared. Thank you to all who continue to show interest in my grandmother's case and the many many other cold cases out there. I have posted a few more photos that show on my public Facebook profile: Shaunta Marie Behney

Last edited:
Yes it could be possible that she was alive for several years after her disappearance. She had schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder. My family held out hope for years that she could have been placed in a mental hospital somewhere but all leads have led nowhere. In answer to threads about if she was born with or without her teeth. She was most definitely born with teeth and got dentures a few years before she disappeared. Thank you to all who continue to show interest in my grandmother's case and the many many other cold cases out there. I have posted a few more photos that show on my public Facebook profile: Shaunta Marie Behney

Shasta,

My mom suffered from schizophrenia as well. I believe I located someone that might be your missing love one. I am so sorry for your loss.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210222-031843_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210222-031843_Google.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 14
updated 5/18/2022

Name: Bettina Minnie Antone
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: March 29, 1980
Location Last Seen: Redding, Shasta County, California.

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: February 21, 1936
Race: White
Height: 5'3" (160 cm.)
Weight: 120 lbs. (55 kg.)
Hair Color: Blue eyes, black
Eye Color: Unknown

Nickname/Alias: Tina, Betty Antone, Bettina Minna Antone, M. Tina Armstrong.

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Pierced ears. She has a fractured arm, fractured leg and a scar on lower back. A mole on left cheek, pierced ears, dimples on both cheeks.

Medical Conditions: At the time of her disappearance she was suffering from alcoholism and depression. She is schizophrenic.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not available. She wears upper and lower dentures.
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: She was wearing earrings, possibly dangling style.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Tina had been in therapy for depression when she disappeared from her apartment at the California Motel in Redding in late March or early April of 1980. Left behind were her toothbrush, makeup, clothes, her car and photographs of her two children and grandchildren.

She may be in a mental health facility.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Redding Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 530-225-4200
Agency E-Mail: rpdemail@reddingpolice.org
Agency Case Number: 80-16304

NCIC Case Number: M648171169

Information Source(s)​

California Department of Justice
Redding Police
NamUs MP #17784

Admin Notes​

Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 05-18-2022 - By: Htmlcnvtr

Weeki Wachee UP 125709 was identified as Theresa Caroline Fillingim of Tampa FL in July 2022

Have you ever identified with those male friends you camp with? The note she left on his shoes left me intrigued... perhaps all this happened in her mind apart from being depressed... in her moments of lucidity she escaped and there was no turning back...
either way
rest in peace

I see someone had previously suggested early on in this thread Bettina as a possible match for the St. Martin Parrish LA 1982 Jane doe. I’m curious what the current comparison status is, as she really seems like a perfect match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back