Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: How so??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So im also assuming that the surrounding areas/neighborhoods we are safe? Or they would be putting a description of someone out there if it was a homicide? This I wonder...

Idk to me -the phones still make no sense. Blaze didn't have his phone he had a borrowed relatives phone and His mom that day told him she wanted to put tracking on that phone - ?? Blaze told her she could just use the find my I phone app to find him ...yet that night he purposely turned off location services for that phone.

The dad it turns out has Blaze's phone in his possession from which he sends files to Penn Appetite after Blaze is missing yet he can't access Blazes social media accounts from Blazes phone??? (The parents have said the still can't access most of Blazes social media) Most people are auto signed into their social media accounts on their own phones - and even if Blaze borrowed a phone to log into his accounts- you can still see the social media posts from Blazes original phone.

I don't think it's that he couldn't use the carrier bc Cal vs Pa bc the dad did use the phone to send Blazes work to Penn -also they visited the Apple Store after the day the flight was to have left. (usually you wait for your phone to be fixed in store for screens or things) Idk I feel the clues will be found in the phone and or in his social media.

Agree the reporting has been bad on this story - I've heard 4 different scenarios about way the car park and restroom happened.

But the DP is notorious for getting facts and dates wrong so I think the Jan 3 date is really after Blazes dad made the fb page and asked for tips ... then 2 people called saying they saw Blaze on the morning of the 3rd (not that they called his Dad on the morning of the 3rd) ...

Or risky behavior or parents feeling like they are loosing control... I wonder why Blaze asked a friend to drive him that night? Why didn't he just use one of his parents' cars? Did they take away driving privileges? Or do their cars have gps trackers and he didn't want to be tracked?

He could have walked, the park was only a 10 minute walk away.

BBM: How so??

Perhaps the circumstances surrounding his disappearance and BB's life in general. Well educated, comes from a well-to-do family, parents involved in the community....all not typical of a "typical" missing persons case. Just like how Elizabeth Smart's disappearance was all over the news for a long time (aside from the fact she was a minor)...they both come from same family profile. Just guessing I suppose.

Well educated, comes from a well-to-do family, parents involved in the community....

I’m guessing that’s also the same reason he’s getting so much more help and coverage than most. [emoji52]

MOO

I’m guessing that’s also the same reason he’s getting so much more help and coverage than most. [emoji52]

Agreed. Add in, lives in an affluent area where the only "neighborhood watch" complaints are coyotes roaming the streets.

BBM - managed his stress with school and cooking. This is really specific as if he has been working on ways to handle his stress. Maybe this is why he left school on leave....things pop up at this age with large amounts of stress.

BBM

I don't believe his leave of absence from school been verified. Unless its been reported somewhere. If it hasn't been verified, its just rumor. Because if it is true, it would be a huge factor in the case.

I know he allegedly had plans to go to the park at night but I understand why he would not have wanted to walk there. I live in a similar neighborhood to him and I walk a lot. I hate walking at night because the street is lined with trees and there are big spiders in them with large webs coming down. If I miscalculate my timing I ask for a ride home even if it is close because I dont want to walk into a spider and web in the dark.

His father said he was going to declare Psychology with a pre-med focus. Perhaps Psychology is an easy undergrad degree to obtain? I have a friend who's nephew is pursuing a Zoology undergrad degree in order to apply to med school where he is interested in specializing in anesthesiology.

Freshman year Blaze was in the (prestigious) Vagelos Scholars Program at Penn which is a dual degree between the College of Arts and Science and Wharton. In that program you have specific requirements and curriculum to follow and have to major in either Chemistry Biochemistry or Physics.
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/biochem/faq.html
So for his dad to say he was planning on majoring in Psych and minoring in Chem / premed means the family had discussed/ was well aware of his Change from the Vagelos program bc you can't major in psych and still be in the Vagelos program
ETA - unless this was also a case of mixed up reporting and indeed he was going to have two majors Chemistry and Psych

A photo is just a second in time though. They may be people that cry in private. As my family say about me, "you are strong when needed". But they don't see when I crash and burn.
So true!! I don't think we can fault them for composure.

it was frustrating to be an armchair detective when i felt that walking around that area listening, looking kicking rocks was what had to be done...too muck talking and not enough walking. sad so sad

Thank you for this amazing post. Just thank you.

RIP, Blaze. I'm so very sorry you didn't get the chance to fulfill your dreams.

attachment.php

Well this is really scary for us OC folks if this was from a hookup site because that means there's a killer on the loose. Possible serial killer. That's guy on FB must have been telling the truth when he said LE came into his place of employment with a photo of Blaze and two other men asked if he had recognized them or had been there.

This is sooooo sad.
Since the area had been searched extensively prior and with dogs, was his body brought back there?
I know there have been other cases where the exact location the body was ultimately found had been searched prior.

Presser is in an hour I'm sure all my local channels will be covering. They probably won't give us many details since this is an ongoing homicide investigation and don't want to compromise the case. [emoji26]

Here's a map I annotated of Borego Park and its surroundings.
attachment.php

To explain this a little more ... the shopping center below has a grocery store, small shops, restaurants, a bank, an urgent care and a gas station. Off to the left of the photo and just out of the crop is the trail that leads down from the park and into the shopping center. It's a trail that's only passable by foot/bike.

As you can see in the areial .. the only entrance is next to the library. There is no other point of entrance or exit by CAR. However, if someone knew the park, they would know to walk the path and enter that way. As for someone moving his body back there? Again, the only point of entrance is the library lot. The hill is pretty steep to carry a body back up from the shopping center. The playground that the previous poster is mentioning the police seemed focus on last night is near the restroom. So, if his body was found near that, it appears that would back up to the road you take to enter the parking lot.

Right, but I think they just said that to look for the people involved and keep looking for him at the park, because it's been said from the very beginning, that that last text sent to his female friend/best friend, is what made his parents (and I think LE also maybe) suspect foul play. I understand their want to not jump to conclusions or to keep info out of the public space if they were looking hard at someone or trying to get more info before they said "definite foul play."

A post said very specifically that he was found yesterday, in the park where he went missing. Sad ending, I will wait for LE to complete their investigation and determine the circumstances.

It's not clear at all when the body was actually found. All we know for certain is that the final search was initiated yesterday at 2 PM. Agree with your final point - hopefully we will learn more at the press conference this afternoon.

First post, but I’ve been following along and trying to keep up with this fast-moving thread. So sad to hear Blaze is deceased.

Some random thoughts:
I think he must have known he was going into a risky situation, that’s why he didn’t take his wallet and he brought along a friend.

Some have speculated that maybe it was a sexual encounter, and that he was hiding his sexuality from his parents. Maybe this speculation stems from the mother’s assertion that he was anti-drugs. As the mother of teenage girls, I believe the parents are far more likely to know about his sexuality than any drug use. They live in a liberal state and he went to an arts school. I also live in a liberal state and kids here are very open about their sexuality. My kids gay friends came out in middle school.

I’m not saying Blaze is or isn’t gay, just saying his parents likely know his sexuality. Therefore, I would lean more toward some sort of drug activity, or possibly a confrontation of some kind. Again, something he knew was risky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To explain this a little more ... the shopping center below has a grocery store, small shops, restaurants, a bank, an urgent care and a gas station. Off to the left of the photo and just out of the crop is the trail that leads down from the park and into the shopping center. It's a trail that's only passable by foot/bike.

As you can see in the areial .. the only entrance is next to the library. There is no other point of entrance or exit by CAR. However, if someone knew the park, they would know to walk the path and enter that way. As for someone moving his body back there? Again, the only point of entrance is the library lot. The hill is pretty steep to carry a body back up from the shopping center. The playground that the previous poster is mentioning the police seemed focus on last night is near the restroom. So, if his body was found near that, it appears that would back up to the road you take to enter the parking lot.

There's lots of homes around that park. I'm sure lots of surveillance cameras on the outside of the homes LE requested.

Why didn’t the cadaver dogs find him?
So many more questions [emoji53]

Right, but I think they just said that to look for the people involved and keep looking for him at the park, because it's been said from the very beginning, that that last text sent to his female friend/best friend, is what made his parents (and I think LE also maybe) suspect foul play. I understand their want to not jump to conclusions or to keep info out of the public space if they were looking hard at someone or trying to get more info before they said "definite foul play."

He has sadly been murdered. His body found in Borrego Park.

It's not clear at all when the body was actually found. All we know for certain is that the final search was initiated yesterday at 2 PM. Agree with your final point - hopefully we will learn more at the press conference this afternoon.
His best friend's post on FB says he was found yesterday.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member