Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the rain uncovered it...<modsnip>. just heartbreaking.. they know who did it i'll bet

Thank you for this amazing post. Just thank you.

RIP, Blaze. I'm so very sorry you didn't get the chance to fulfill your dreams.

attachment.php

Well this is really scary for us OC folks if this was from a hookup site because that means there's a killer on the loose. Possible serial killer. That's guy on FB must have been telling the truth when he said LE came into his place of employment with a photo of Blaze and two other men asked if he had recognized them or had been there.

It had rained heavy yesterday flash floods in many areas and the night before. I'm sure his body was drenched with water. Hopefully it didn't rinse away any evidence. Would DNA still be on his body or can it be washed off from the rain

Fox News 11 details on Blaze coming up after talking about the floods.

It's not clear at all when the body was actually found. All we know for certain is that the final search was initiated yesterday at 2 PM. Agree with your final point - hopefully we will learn more at the press conference this afternoon.
Channel 9 in LA News just said officials said parents were told yesterday they had found a body, however just today parents were told it was confirmed it was BB.

To explain this a little more ... the shopping center below has a grocery store, small shops, restaurants, a bank, an urgent care and a gas station. Off to the left of the photo and just out of the crop is the trail that leads down from the park and into the shopping center. It's a trail that's only passable by foot/bike.

As you can see in the areial .. the only entrance is next to the library. There is no other point of entrance or exit by CAR. However, if someone knew the park, they would know to walk the path and enter that way. As for someone moving his body back there? Again, the only point of entrance is the library lot. The hill is pretty steep to carry a body back up from the shopping center. The playground that the previous poster is mentioning the police seemed focus on last night is near the restroom. So, if his body was found near that, it appears that would back up to the road you take to enter the parking lot.

Thank you, KaliChick. You're right: he was most likely placed/pushed into the brush from inside the park. From what you write here, the action appears to flow from the parking lot...from the direction Blaze began running. [emoji852]&#65039;

A reporter who is live at the location on channel 9 news in Los Angeles just reported a home in Newport Beach has been searched!
She also said she was told by officials that the parents were informed yesterday that they found a body however, it was just confirmed to the parents today that it was Blaze.

what was the last text to the lady friend about?
possibly a farewell?

I'm haunted by this....since the text was interpreted as possible foul play involved....did Blaze realize he was in danger? Was he trying to escape? Did he know he would not survive this?

I don't want to think of the possibilities.....

I feel so very sad for this fine young man, and this horrible turn of fate.

RIP Blaze. You've been found.

I can't put into words what I'm feeling. I'm relieved his family and loved ones know. But it's a weird feeling, because he's gone. I had hoped the pressures from life made him want to leave. Yet I guess we need to keep those initial gut feelings. All the talk about meeting someone and a driver...those were our suspects. The majority felt them. But as time went on, thoughts changed.

I'm not here to say I was right, etc etc etc, that does nothing to help our missing people.

Yet another case to remind us that a searched area does not mean a body isn't there. I would imagine with the length of time, decomposition odors helped to find him. Are there vultures in that part of CA as well? I would guess so...seems they are everywhere.

Trying to figure out his mom’s fb poll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am at a loss. My only thought is everyone thought a good place to hide a body would be Whiting Ranch Park, not Borrego Park. Hiding in plain sight?

As for the topography of Borrego park. It sits on a flat piece of land with very few bushes and trees in the actual park. The trees that are there are young. The library sits even with the park. Everything else around it is either higher (the school) or lower. There is a steep slope of brush going down to a major street along one side. A steep slope of brush along the backside that leads to the shopping center (the footpath is here) and manicured, large bushes between the school and the park. The brush on two sides isn't particularly dense. It is dry with not a lot of green this time of year. There are sprinklers to it though and cement drainage in some areas. I can't for the life of me figure out what would have to be done to hide a body in there. I am in shock that he was at the park all along. I guarantee kids were in that park Monday after school. School gets out at 2:45.

Here is something that not one of us know yet- TOD- time of death.

He could very well have been there all along, or he could have been just killed and placed there a day or so ago. Whoever left him there didn't try to hide him very well for whatever reason.

I know LEs statement the other day, after they did the search with the dogs, said it was "inconclusive". Perhaps one of the dogs did pick something up, but circumstances may have lead the dog(s) off track. Perhaps he was killed in one area of the park, or in the car, and when the suspect carried him off, the dog might have picked up a scent from body fluid, but lost track of it, assuming he was carried away and placed in the bushes.

But the key here is time of death. Without knowing that piece of information, we have no idea when exactly he was in those bushes and for how long.

They are still investigating building the case putting the pieces together. Can't rush to judgement. I hope they get this case solved soon my son in his twenties lives in the area. Lots of college students. UC Irvine not far. Scary to know a killer or killers on the loose. He uses snapchat

So saddened to hear this.

It will be interesting to hear if the drone footage is what helped to locate the body. If so, this is a tool that needs to be deployed more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth