Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had insane winds not long ago that piled up so much debris in places. The rains could move that debris if on a slant.

yea, it blows like that maybe once a year.
pushed my neighbor's wooden fence over

Marie A;1 I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS WAS A HATE CRIME conservative DOES NOT equal extremist liberal DOES NOT equal extremist If I’m wrong and the driver/friend turns out to be an extremist said:
Many of us may vote one way politically but vary greatly from our party line on social issues.
I think we can universally agree no matter where we all fall politically that we are commonly united in our grief for this lovely family and commonly heartbroken in mourning the loss of this kind, talented and sweet young shining star Blaze Bernstein.

This. This. This.

wow..the investigators didn't think to ask for that day one?.. ok

Who says it took that long to ask? Maybe it took that long to get the data back to them?

Or maybe they had other, more immediate things to do.

It appears to me that LE is doing a very good job investigation g this matter but I'm getting the sense that possibly misplaced anger over the injustice of this senseless death is being focused on LE.

Whoa. That is significant. I think they saw someone at the park in their footage, doing something.

Maybe that's a direct quote. It even if it was a typo, that doesn't mean jornalism is dead. I read incredible, thought fitful, well written articles
and series regularly- LA Times, Chicago Tribune, NY Times.

I think the big problem is with crummy sites like yahoo news and all the sources they grab "news" articles from. Total garbage.

And in part that's because young people get their news form social
media, not real news agencies. And people lack attention span. They don't want to wait for news. So there's competition to get stories out fast among some sites.

It just all depends on where you look. But I haven't found any serious problems with CBS, ABC, etc. It's all pretty decent reporting, IMO.

I think you're right that much of the internet "news" is utter garbage these days, filled with inaccuracies, poor grammar and spelling, and devoid of thought.

But IMHO the quality of the MSM is pretty poor as well compared to what it should be. It's nearly impossible these days to find articles written without blatant bias, and the MSM puts out far more rushed content just to compete in the internet era and 24-hour news cycle.

If you want some perspective, watch the movie "Broadcast News" (1987). The performances are all magnificent, and it will give you a perspective on just how far the standards of journalistic integrity have fallen in 30 years.

Even Bob Woodward was calling out the MSM for their lack of journalistic standards recently, comparing them to when he was pursuing the Watergate story. Thinking of that, "All the President's Men" is also very telling in showing how much care was taken back in that day to vet sources and ensure they were credible before publishing a story. Most of that has completely gone out the window in recent years sadly.

I trust almost nothing that I read in the MSM these days, and find I have to read the same thing from multiple different sources to even have a chance of separating the facts from the embellishments and opinions of journalists. Some of them do it unconsciously, but far too many of them are downright disingenuous in the name of either ratings or advancing a narrative or ideology.

Ironically, finding this website has been refreshing, to be able to have an open-minded conversation with other adults about a news story devoid of politics and ad hominem attacks. :)

Sometimes we view things as experienced adults who in the same situation would do something different NOW. But we wouldn't have back then. As a parent, when my kids were teens, I tried to put my mindset at their age level to see how they viewed things. Then I would tell them as an aged, experienced adult what was really up. Lol

Yes, agreed. Come to think of it, these ages of 17 - 20 yo are very awkward and vulnerable years. At these ages, you’re too old to “come over to my house and hang out” or “go to the movies / mall” as hang out spots but too young to grab drinks at a bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. This kid is close to Blaze's age. Does he also have younger siblings like Blaze? Can you imagine how scared they might be right now? All these strangers and media trucks right there by their house? I would be terrified! I keep thinking about that... I hope there aren't children living in the house which is probably way too much to hope for.

I wish people could just leave it alone until police have made an arrest. I have had crimes close to my family I DO understand the desire for answers. However, a "childhood friend" does not get a pass on endangering people or the investigation, if Blaze's own family and BEST friend are not doing so. :twocents:

I don't think so, because they checked the bushes. However I'm guessing they didn't dig anything up. So being partly buried does make the most sense I think. It's still astonishing he wasn't sniffed out by the dogs, but I know it does happen. Even possible the guy put something where Blaze was in order to throw off the dogs.

Or maybe Blaze wasn't there when the dogs were searching. God forbid he was in that container in the car. Perhaps he was placed there later. Just because the friend says he ran in to the park doesn't mean it's true. It seems in retrospect there is always a kernel of truth in what the alleged POI/suspect says. Maybe that is the case here. Maybe Blaze was placed in the park long after the dogs were gone.

I know. Me either. In fact because the dogs didn't alert on him in the park, I believed he was never in the park, let alone dead in the park over by the bushes.

I guess when the dogs were there they missed him completely, LE reporting that the SAR dog search was "inconclusive." I had all the faith that if he were there, the dogs would find him. They didn't.

Wouldn’t a freshly dug grave be noticeable, especially if a shallow one. ?Shallow grave or drainage pipe, I’m still shocked he wasn’t located earlier. I can’t get this out of my mind. I haven’t slept since it was announced he was found deceased. It’s difficult to close my eyes at night thinking about what his last few hours on earth were like.

Wouldn’t a freshly dug grave be noticeable, especially if a shallow one. ?Shallow grave or drainage pipe, I’m still shocked he wasn’t located earlier. I can’t get this out of my mind. I haven’t slept since it was announced he was found deceased. It’s difficult to close my eyes at night thinking about what his last few hours on earth were like.

You would think if he buried the body well enough to not be seen in a cursory search, the killer must have spent some time and effort in doing so. Unless the body was maybe covered in lots of leaves or something. If he actually buried the body in the dirt, he would have likely needed SOME kind of tool.

Who says it took that long to ask? Maybe it took that long to get the data back to them?

Or maybe they had other, more immediate things to do.

It appears to me that LE is doing a very good job investigation g this matter but I'm getting the sense that possibly misplaced anger over the injustice of this senseless death is being focused on LE.

Bravo! This transference of anger towards LE happens so very, very often. LE works their *advertiser censored**es off, and takes these cases to heart. They operate in very stressful conditions and SO under resourced! It's hard not to be angry, but it's important to team up with, and support LE in these cases. I am forever in awe of them, and a huge supporter of The Blue.

I have heard there were dogs used and maybe cadaver dogs as well. I can only assume they just must not have been used in the area of the body. Cadaver dogs are very reliable and amazing, but they have to be close. So they must not have searched the entire park. Why wasn't the body found otherwise? I can just assume that the visual search of the area wasn't as thorough as it should have been.

Also, for those that live in the area, what was the weather like on the night of the disappearance, and day after? When did the rain start? And when did the first search of the park occur?

IIRC the night of the disappearance and next
morning was foggy. Then we had several days of clouds, partial clouds and then rains began.

I'm not sure when the first search began. The first reports that he went missing were on January 5. It may have taken them that long to track down the driver and get his statement.

I think they started searching on January 5 pretty hard.

Or maybe Blaze wasn't there when the dogs were searching. God forbid he was in that container in the car. Perhaps he was placed there later. Just because the friend says he ran in to the park doesn't mean it's true. It seems in retrospect there is always a kernel of truth in what the alleged POI/suspect says. Maybe that is the case here. Maybe Blaze was placed in the park long after the dogs were gone.

As someone pointed out earlier on this forum, the killer would have to be a complete idiot to return the body to that park a week later. I’m sure there are infinitely more sites that would be less risky than returning to the very park that has been the focal point of the investigation.

Besides, in the PC, the officer said they believe Blaze had been there since the night of his disappearance.

Just want to say... So sad for the family, but what a beautiful memory the have of that last night together as a family, having dinner prepared by their beloved son.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a lovely thought. Thank you for brightening this sad thread. :heartbeat:

scary, huh? These are the people protecting us...

I have no complaints about how they're doing. I think they're doing quite well,
actually, based on their releases of info and search warrants.

I expect an arrest before too long and a solid case.

As someone pointed out earlier on this forum, the killer would have to be a complete idiot to return the body to that park a week later. I’m sure there are infinitely more sites that would be less risky than returning to the very park that has been the focal point of the investigation.

Besides, in the PC, the officer said they believe Blaze had been there since the night of his disappearance.

You are probably right, but Perps aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.
Time will tell.

Bravo! This transference of anger towards LE happens so very, very often. LE works their *advertiser censored**es off, and takes these cases to heart. They operate in very stressful conditions and SO under resourced! It's hard not to be angry, but it's important to team up with, and support LE in these cases. I am forever in awe of them, and a huge supporter of The Blue.

AGREED 110%
We are SO BLESSED as a country to have a capable and non-corrupt police force and quality, caring investigators/ detectives. It always breaks my heart that I read news stories of the few times this isn’t so rather than the overwhelmingly enormous number of times that our law enforcement officials act with valor and care for others. THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS

This was a horrible accident.
Today I will pray for strength for the other family,
what pain they are feeling!
Their lives have changed forever.

Accident? If by accident you mean the killing was not premeditated, perhaps. But LE has called this a homicide. Homicide is not an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500