Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some things that are causing circles sort of like chasing your own tail with information that has been released to the public while there is quite possibly much much more that hasn't been released to protect the investigation...my mind is hurting thinking about some of this and trying to piece the bits together; IMO
-BB never made it to/nor entered the park alive - this from the fact that the SAR and cadaver dogs where inconclusive
-foul play mentioned almost immediately - then no further mention anywhere
-parents finally saying they would give up everything to have their son back home
-driver has too many stories and changing stories that make no sense in the light of day(so to speak)
-abandoned car that was never towed but ? possibly watched
-affluent neighbourhood, parents /family have a trust
-mom wants 'tracking' on his phone so that she knows where he is/can be found
-facts and POI and suspects not being divulged
-yet community not being told they are in danger
-park not being closed off to the public immediately after it was released that this is where BB was found
I do not believe that this was ever about BB's choices in life or his lifestyle something in me feels it goes way beyond him as an individual/personally but rather is going to be something that is going to affect many people for a long time after all is revealed, if this makes any sense. It saddens me when some are now just identifying him as gay; he is/was so much more than that and I don't know him personally but you could see this young man had so much life in him and so much to offer the world and someone took that away from him, his family and the rest of us. I see his smiling face every time I close my eyes...

When I read about the black belt, I immediately thought martial arts. Have no idea why.

Post #5000. I've been here awhile.

When I read "friend's" comment about "fight club" I thought it was completely ridiculous. But maybe if these kids were involved in martial arts (even at a beginner level) they could have occasionally gotten together with other friends to go over and practice their forms and moves and they just called it "fight club" because that sounded better than "we get together at xyz's house or the park to do our karate moves." I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

Only thing is have we seen this kind of killing among people Gus young? (I'm assuming they driver/friend is as young as Blaze).

I know we've seen it with older adults or with the parents of teens. The cheerleader killing comes to mind.

Your theory is intriguing. I keep thinking about it.

Me either.

Good question.

No doubt. I'm sure they figured out pretty quickly they needed to investigate this person hard. They may not have wanted to say they saw scratches or dirt at first because then it would be a tiny bit harder to get away with questioning without a Miranda warning.

Not a killing but the Nancy/Tonya thing was fueled by those sorts of issues and they were pretty young (If Tonya knew)

BTW, it seems that MSM outlets all over the country today are quoting the OC Register article from yesterday about the affidavit and casting quite a negative light on the driver.

I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts about this behavior. I fully understand the driver's actions seem suspicious so far, but is it fair to crucify him in the press before all the facts are in?

Stlrfninca wonders if the driver might be falsely accused. Is that within the realm of possibility?

You bet. (Likelihood of guilt, now that is another subject.)

I am guessing the police asked the friend to meet them...to go over some things. But I don't know. A person must be read their Miranda rights not when they are a suspect, but when they are..."not free to go". It can become a tricky question for police when to give those warnings. Too soon, and a suspect clams up. Too late, and whatever information you get from them can't be used against them.

This is why no one should ever, ever, *ever* meet with LE "just to talk" without an attorney present.

Instinctive cops sniff out your weaknesses when you think that you are not revealing them. They do this with the innocent, just as they do with the guilty.

Instinctive cops lead the gullible into traps they can't get easily get out of. (They do this with the innocent, just as they do with the guilty.)

As long as you are innocent, what's the harm in telling the truth when you are being casually questioned about a crime?

Without an attorney, Plenty. To You. Personally.

It could be this old friend from high school did not know Blaze was gay and Blaze came unto him and he got mad and killed him JMO. I don't think straight guys like gay guys. Again MOO

This friend would not touch doors when he went out. Is that because he's afraid of leaving his fingerprints?

When I read "friend's" comment about "fight club" I thought it was completely ridiculous. But maybe if these kids were involved in martial arts (even at a beginner level) they could have occasionally gotten together with other friends to go over and practice their forms and moves and they just called it "fight club" because that sounded better than "we get together at xyz's house or the park to do our karate moves." I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

Scratches, just on his hands? No bruises? Dirt under his nails and Blaze’s body was found in/around/under dirt? Hmmmm...seems pretty coincidental.

some don't touch doors because they are germaphobes.

I don't think this is the case with him having dirt under his nails, though

If the driver is claiming a third person and LE can't prove/disprove that yet, I doubt they'd arrest the driver. Could create reasonable doubt at a trial.
That’s what I’m thinking too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many of you have thought thoroughly about all the possible scenarios, in my case I must confess I am just as lost as I was on the 2nd January. Nothing adds up in my head.

One of the facts that puzzle me from day one is that text message sent to BB's female friend at 11.30 pm. For him to have been able to send that message, he would have needed to be on his own then, so my question is, could this be a case that the other person left BB badly injured, panicked, left and a few hours later, went to check and found out he had died of the injuries?

Apologies for being so graphic.

I would also like any of my fellow websleuths to tell me BB's weight in kilos. Thanks.

I don't think straight guys like gay guys.

Allow me to rephrase your observation.

I think only maladjusted psychopaths (straight, gay, whatevs) with hate in their hearts murder people simply because they are gay.

Whether or not a specific community of straight guys "likes or doesn't like" gay guys is a far cry from murdering (or assaulting) someone because of their sexual orientation.

Scratches, just on his hands? No bruises? Dirt under his nails and Blaze’s body was found in/around/under dirt? Hmmmm...seems pretty coincidental.

I was just playing devil's advocate to see if the ludicrous fight club could somehow be true. I don't think so. LOL.

Many of you have thought thoroughly about all the possible scenarios, in my case I must confess I am just as lost as I was on the 2nd January. Nothing adds up in my head.

One of the facts that puzzle me from day one is that text message sent to BB's female friend at 11.30 pm. For him to have been able to send that message, he would have needed to be on his own then, so my question is, could this be a case that the other person left BB badly injured, panicked, left and a few hours later, went to check and found out he had died of the injuries?

Apologies for being so graphic.

I would also like any of my fellow websleuths to tell me BB's weight in kilos. Thanks.

59 kilos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the family's page:

This is the one I was following: "Justice For Blaze Bernstein: A Case Discussion Group"

Odds on when the suspect will be arrested and who will appear at the press conference/assigned ADA.

Odds for suspect's arrest date:

Thursday, 1/11: 20/1 (too soon)
Friday, 1/12: 9/2 (OCSD likes to arrest and OCDA loves to hold-off arraignment due to long holiday weekends; drops to 2:1 if Edward Younghoon Shin's murder trial is re-calendared, Matt is a busy man)
Saturday, 1/13: 30/1 (Tony's out of town for the three-day weekend; Time to pray)
Sunday, 1/14: 50/1 (Time to pray)
Monday, 1/15: 80/1 (Court holiday)
Tuesday, 1/16: 40/1 (excuses re: autopsy)
Wednesday, 1/17 and thereafter: 1/1

Press conference & assigned ADA:

Odds are 1/30 that Tony "The Tiger" Rackauckas is at the press conference (unless he is next door neighbors in Newport Beach with the alleged suspect/driver, and in that case it goes to 1/50 as he has inside information, which he likes, alot).
Keith Burke: 5/1 (likes the domestic relations homicides and voluntary manslaughter cases)
Scott Simmons: 8/1 (he likes those homicides-in-the-park cases)
Troy Pino: 10/1 (likes the relationship-gone-awry cases)
Matt Murphy: 12/1 (busy man with Mr. Shintastic's trial followed by Rachel Mae "I Not" Buffett in February; also this case may not invoke the death penalty; however, a high-profile case)
Howard Gundy: 15/1 (familiar with social media and millennial homicides)
Jennifer Walker: 20/1 (tries a lot of voluntary manslaughter cases)
Larry Yellin: 35/1
Jim Mendelson: 40/1
Mike Murray: 80/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads