Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was attempting to post this in the last thread as it was in the process of being closed, i hope it is alright to post it in this new thread:

I think this is exactly the case. Closeted and self-hating. Secretly desiring the very things he rails against. Add a short fuse to the mix with emotional instability and anything can happen. Even murder. MOO.

:goodpost: :tyou:

Have been thinking this as well. I feel so so sad for both the sets of parents. If anything, more sad for the parents of SW, who will most likely not get the sympathy and support that the parents of Blaze are receiving ( even if rightfully) as the victim family.

The terribleness of a life so gone off the rails and all the chaos and pain in its wake. As a mother of two prepubescent boys, it always gives me long pause and makes me shudder, because a nightmare like that I do not think I could ever over come. My deep respect for Blaze's mom's strength.

Rest peacefully Blaze, you seemed such a fine young man. I have no doubt you will never be forgotten.

This makes me suspect he has mental illness and/or was starting to taunt investigators. Drug addiction seems possible too, from the photos of him, contrasting between highschool and the mugshot. He looks so different... this is so sad.

Drug addiction could certainly be prevalent with him.

This makes me suspect he has mental illness and/or was starting to taunt investigators. Drug addiction seems possible too, from the photos of him, contrasting between highschool and the mugshot. He looks so different... this is so sad.

I thought exactly the same thing. The pic with the other kids in the background...he doesn’t look “well”. His high school pic he looks so handsome and happy. Something went wrong for sure. A tragedy all around. So very, very sad.

Did the suspect work or go to school? Or was he just doing nothing with his life? Also his eyes are really cold.

Anybody know why the arrested him in a traffic stop vs just arresting him at his house?

I was attempting to post this in the last thread as it was in the process of being closed, i hope it is alright to post it in this new thread:

Have been thinking this as well. I feel so so sad for both the sets of parents. If anything, more sad for the parents of SW, who will most likely not get the sympathy and support that the parents of Blaze are receiving ( even if rightfully) as the victim family.

The terribleness of a life so gone off the rails and all the chaos and pain in its wake. As a mother of two prepubescent boys, it always gives me long pause and makes me shudder, because a nightmare like that I do not think I could ever over come. My deep respect for Blaze's mom's strength.

Rest peacefully Blaze, you seemed such a fine young man. I have no doubt you will never be forgotten.
rbbm

Agreed. The L A Times report also includes this:

"
the Ivy League student’s mother, after hearing of the arrest tweeted “Finally,” She told the Times. “ I would just say that we are grateful for the fine men and women and men in the OCSD who have worked tirelessly to get answers for our family, our community and the world.”

“Nothing will bring back my son so we ask the world to please honor Blaze’s memory by doing an act of kindness today - don’t wait - do it now. Celebrate the goodness that still exists in this world in-spite of these acts of senseless evil. People are good and Blaze knew that,” she said. “Honor yourselves and him."

"

That's the saddest part about all of this, there are no winners. Two young men's lives have been destroyed. One through death, one through committing the murder.

Such a waste. I'm thinking the parents of SW will probably suffer financially. As it is, I guess media outlets are dogging them, parked on the street in front of their home, waiting for any tidbit they can report.

And all the looky loos and amatuer detectives that I saw walking past their house last night, having to feel they are on the case.

And apparently, things aren't any better over at the Bernstein house. These people are in mourning and they've got people parked at their house, ready to pounce for a statement.

I thought I'd be thrilled when Samuel was finally arrested, but I'm not. I just feel sadness for two families who both lost.

Not sure how to bring crimedawg’s post over from the previous thread so here is a copy of SW’s mugshot CD was kind enough to post.

3C9E7B8C-76FA-4EFA-8B04-A721332D8399.jpeg

I brought this over from the other thread. This is from the OC sheriffs website inmate information.

Shows his next court date 1/17/2018 at Cental Jail Court which is located inside the men's central jail. It's a small area with a few chairs and a monitor so he might be arraigned by video.

He is housed in IRC as of now which is the Intake Release Center.

There are a considerable amount of beds 800 for long term housing. I know someone who was housed in IRC for two years. Houses a lot of medical inmates, mental illness or that take meds along with others.

ab41d62101b95e9421c61d7c67631371.jpg

The only thing that happens at an arraignment is the defendant is read their charges & they enter a plea.

He told the police his occupation was "nerf games" so its likely he was unemployed and imo that kind of comment to investigators is almost like he is taunting them, saying that to a police officer means you aren't taking the situation seriously. What I am wondering is why did he wait so long to attempt to skip town, why did he keep cooperating with investigators? As much as I don't want this to be political, it is very possible at this stage. At the same time, my initial reaction was that this could have been a crime of passion.

Did he have the rental car and shovel and plastic bin before the murder? That would make me think he planned this whole thing out, and so he expected/planned to get arrested perhaps and was dragging things out? If this was a politically motivated crime, potential hate crime, it is easy to see how that would be possible, it could have been anti-gay or anti-jewish. if it was political his contempt for police officers would be part of a martyr persona.

but he didn't admit to it or spout any ideology, so we don't know yet if this was political or a hate crime. if there was evidence to that, it will get leaked to the media pretty quickly, just give it a few days (if that).

perhaps they're not reporting on the hate crime angle to give the families a little bit of time to mourn. or perhaps its not political or not a hate crime, but a crime of romantic rejection, or gay self-hatred.

definitely polar opposite lifestyles (ivy league versus slacker/druggie) between the two who were once high school friends. the high school photo of SW makes him look very clean cut, odd for such change to occur. maybe blaze was hanging out with him to try and help (he wanted to be a doctor after all, wasn't psychiatry even mentioned as his potential field of interest? i recall reading that somewhere, but i cannot remember the source. probably OC register)

its very likely that SW lured BB in and BB felt sympathy because he could tell his friend he had a falling out with had been suffering from addiction and mental illness. even if it wasn't premeditated, this dynamic still might explain why BB was hanging out with SW (when it seems like they took very divergent paths after they stopped being friends, when SW left the art school high school in santa ana)

http://people.com/crime/california-...n-high-school-friend-named-as-murder-suspect/

“Based on inconsistencies in [Woodward’s account], our investigators focused on this individual in the homicide of Blaze,” Barnes said, adding Woodward has been under surveillance “for some time” before his arrest on Friday.

Bernstein’s father, Gideon, told reporters on Friday that his son had just become the managing editor of Penn Appétit, a food magazine at the University of Pennsylvania.

“He was very excited about that,” .... according to the Orange County Register. “He was working on that over the winter break and showed us the magazine they just published, which he significantly contributed to.”

Gideon said his son intended to declare a major in psychology with a minor in chemistry, “pursuing it with a pre-med focus.”

“Nineteen years old,” says Braun. “It is just so sad.”

~
http://www.thedp.com/article/2018/0...vy-league-death-missing-student-orange-county

https://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/college-student-murder-suspect-custody

https://forward.com/fast-forward/392048/blaze-bernsteins-high-school-friend-arrested-in-murder/

“Nothing will bring back my son so we ask the world to please honor Blaze’s memory by doing an act of kindness today - don’t wait - do it now,” the grieving mom told the Los Angeles Times. “Celebrate the goodness that still exists in this world in-spite of these acts of senseless evil.”

~
http://www.phillyvoice.com/authorities-arrest-suspect-death-penn-student-california/

~

Authorities arrest friend in death of U Penn student
Amy Taxin, Associated Press via CT POST

Updated 9:47 pm, Friday, January 12, 2018

"...
It was not immediately possible to reach Woodward in custody, where he listed his occupation as "Nerf games," according to the jail's website.
..."

~

http://time.com/5102070/blaze-bernstein-dead-friend-arrested/

"...

Undersheriff Don Barnes says DNA evidence links Woodward to the crime. Details of Blaze Bernstein’s death aren’t being released.
..."

I haven seen a picture of what Sam's hair color was before he dyed it. Does someone have a link where I can see it?

Do you think he was going to bolt? Like Scott Peterson did, after dyeing his hair?

I was thinking about that case of the kid, Kelly I think the last name was who was brought up on rape charges and he went to the Netherlands or someplace and lived his life, with his rich parents sending him money for his lifestyle and even visited him a few times. The Woodward's no doubt have money.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/samuel-woodward-blaze-bernstein-suspect-photos-sam/

He told the police his occupation was "nerf games" so its likely he was unemployed and imo that kind of comment to investigators is almost like he is taunting them, saying that to a police officer means you aren't taking the situation seriously. What I am wondering is why did he wait so long to attempt to skip town, why did he keep cooperating with investigators? As much as I don't want this to be political, it is very possible at this stage. At the same time, my initial reaction was that this could have been a crime of passion.

Did he have the rental car and shovel and plastic bin before the murder? That would make me think he planned this whole thing out, and so he expected/planned to get arrested perhaps and was dragging things out? If this was a politically motivated crime, potential hate crime, it is easy to see how that would be possible, it could have been anti-gay or anti-jewish. if it was political his contempt for police officers would be part of a martyr persona.

but he didn't admit to it or spout any ideology, so we don't know yet if this was political or a hate crime. if there was evidence to that, it will get leaked to the media pretty quickly, just give it a few days (if that).

perhaps they're not reporting on the hate crime angle to give the families a little bit of time to mourn. or perhaps its not political or not a hate crime, but a crime of romantic rejection, or gay self-hatred.

definitely polar opposite lifestyles (ivy league versus slacker/druggie) between the two who were once high school friends. the high school photo of SW makes him look very clean cut, odd for such change to occur. maybe blaze was hanging out with him to try and help (he wanted to be a doctor after all, wasn't psychiatry even mentioned as his potential field of interest? i recall reading that somewhere, but i cannot remember the source. probably OC register)

its very likely that SW lured BB in and BB felt sympathy because he could tell his friend he had a falling out with had been suffering from addiction and mental illness. even if it wasn't premeditated, this dynamic still might explain why BB was hanging out with SW (when it seems like they took very divergent paths after they stopped being friends, when SW left the art school high school in santa ana)

Where do you get the idea that he was a "druggie?"

That's the saddest part about all of this, there are no winners. Two young men's lives have been destroyed. One through death, one through committing the murder.

Such a waste. I'm thinking the parents of SW will probably suffer financially. As it is, I guess media outlets are dogging them, parked on the street in front of their home, waiting for any tidbit they can report.

And all the looky loos and amatuer detectives that I saw walking past their house last night, having to feel they are on the case.

And apparently, things aren't any better over at the Bernstein house. These people are in mourning and they've got people parked at their house, ready to pounce for a statement.

I thought I'd be thrilled when Samuel was finally arrested, but I'm not. I just feel sadness for two families who both lost.

I agree. This will be similar to the years news media and people camped out at the Casey Anthony home in Florida. People called the parents horrible names threw things at their house. They dealt with this on a daily basis. I really felt bad for her parents.

At least the Woodwards get to visit their son alive at OC jail a few years while he's incarcerated then thereafter in a CA prison. His location at the jail in SA isn't too far from Foothill Ranch.

Bernsteins only get to visit their son at his gravesite.

the contrast between his high school picture and his mugshot. he's either got an eating disorder, a wasting disease, or a drug use problem. it could just be alcohol, too. he doesn't look healthy, I suspect meth.

In the perp walk video he doesn't look as sickly, but in the mugshot he definitely has a bit of "meth face"

It could be prescription ADHD medication for all I know, I'm just saying he looks like he's a stimulant user, although other drugs like opiates and alcohol can also cause people to look sickly.

Edit: I take back what I say about wasting disease as he weighs 185 pounds. I still think substance abuse is likely here along with other types of mental illness. Either that or complete contempt for law enforcement. I am basing that off him telling them "nerf games" was his profession.

479cfeb98592a4baa44d0ed56114d24d.jpg
adde491f7bc998a02e93c51dbca41daa.jpg

Such a contrast from his high school photo. Looks like he has wounds on his face. Or could they be from heavy drugs? . To me the mug shot looks like a meth head. But I'm not an expert on that. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He doesn't look like a methhead to me. He weighs 185 & is 6'2." I see acne on his face, but don't see
wounds?

Anybody know why the arrested him in a traffic stop vs just arresting him at his house?

Logistically, it is much safer for everyone involved to arrest a suspect when he is alone, contained in a vehicle, at a traffic stop. An house arrest can, and usually does, mean that there will be other people present in the house who are sympathetic to the suspect and can and do, cause more confusion which can escalate into a horror show. A house arrest can lead to a hostage situation, a shoot out from a hidden position, etc. It is MUCH safer for everyone involved to do the traffic stop arrest.

I agree. This will be similar to the years news media and people camped out at the Casey Anthony home in Florida. People called the parents horrible names threw things at their house. They dealt with this on a daily basis. I really felt bad for her parents.

At least the Woodwards get to visit their son alive at OC jail a few years while he's incarcerated then thereafter in a CA prison. His location at the jail in SA isn't too far from Foothill Ranch.

Bernsteins only get to visit their son at his gravesite.

For a long time the Anthonys continued to support their daughter's innocence - I think now they realize the scum that she is. I'll be willing to bet that Woodward's parents continue to support him and say their "baby" could never do anything like this......as they say Da Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard