Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to add here, that this statement of his ends with " :p " - a tongue sticking out, possibly implying defiance or sarcasm.

Indeed... and that can certainly be interpreted more than one way. Much harder to detect the true nature of the sarcasm in written word vs. with a vocal inflection.

In fact, as I think of it, both BB and SW were good with words and intelligent - perhaps this was part of the connection they had that others have mentioned. Smart people tend to be drawn to other smart people, and often have trouble communicating with those that can't understand their complex thoughts.

Yes, this I agree with. I've said before here, our world is so complicated. Majority/minority, "right/wrong", inclusion/exclusion. There are so many ways to be hurt and to hurt others. :(

Indeed. In my lifetime we have become a much more intolerant society. This isn't good for anyone, and can lead to tragic situations like this one.

Just to put this point out there, if someone is a nazi or anti-gay to the point that they seek someone out to kill them their online presence more than likely would support their views to the point that intelligent people on a site such as this one wouldn't be so conflicted on the meaning behind the remarks or the posts. And they more than likely would be more current than 4+ years ago. In the flag photo SW states he isn't racist. If he were, he would own it. But of course, with as little information as we have now, anything is possible. MOO.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrfninca View Post
Agreed. And his response to that was to say that he would only fight someone if they attacked him.
I just want to add here, that this statement of his ends with " :p " - a tongue sticking out, possibly implying defiance or sarcasm.

<snip>

"To be perfectly clear I am NOT trying to defend SW for what he has done .. we don't even KNOW exactly what happened yet

The way I read it, SW held some conservative views, and was attending a very liberal-minded high school. So just for that and being different, he probably felt quite persecuted, which may have led to his "loner" persona and feeling of being ostracized. Add to this that it seems he may have been a closet homosexual, and there were likely many things tearing at his emotions. After all he was only 16 when he wrote those things, and certainly trying to figure out who he was. To the extent that he was figuring that out, most of his 'friends' were telling him he was wrong. Wouldn't you be a little emotionally unstable under those circumstances?

<snip>
Yes, this I agree with. I've said before here, our world is so complicated. Majority/minority, "right/wrong", inclusion/exclusion. There are so many ways to be hurt and to hurt others."

<modsnip>

Can someone help? Every time I click "reply" or "quote" it tries to quote Gooddeeds quote about the hoodie? &#128528;

Auntisemantic, I have no doubt you meant anything but please correct your quote on quoting me. I didn’t use the word ‘hoodie’ nor even comment on the garment terms. This is a perfect example of why WE MUST NOT QUOTE another poster without including their original quote. My post was about the ‘Keep the Peace’ organization from where the question arose about what the initials were on what SW was wearing in his arrest walk.

Thank you!

<modsnip>

IMO, objective consideration of his mental state and contributing factors/emotions is not at all equivalent to defending his actions.

IMO, objective consideration of his mental state and contributing factors/emotions is not at all equivalent to defending his actions.

Nor is it blaming the victim.

Depending on COD my thoughts may change but as it stand right now IMO BB and SW agreed to meet up things got out of hand or one didn't want to participate in what the other wanted to do and as a result BB was killed. I don't think this was a hate crime or premeditated. SW needs to pay for what he has done and I have no doubt justice will be served and SW will be incarcerated for a long long time.

I skimmed the article and didn't see any anti-gay remarks? What am I missing?

I only posted that link as a starting point for continued sleuthing. There may be info in the article that doesn't answer your questions directly, but can be the jumping off point for deeper exploration. Just presented as a resource, and not as a direct source of fact. I find that often when I don't understand something, in retrospect it is because I haven't done all my work yet. I'll think I'll just leave it at that now, in regards to the heavy.com link.

:eek:nline: :sleuth:

"...and that's all I have to say about that..."

Been following this case since day 1, and sleuthing on the Internet threads about this case.
I still believe that there is a 3rd person involved in this case because I don't think Sam is physically capable of "doing the deed" by himself. I think it's highly unlikely that Sam murdered Blaze left his body out in the open in the park to get a shovel. I think it's possible that while Blaze was dying of his injuries, Sam probably called his brother or someone else to come and help him bury the body in the back of the park. Also, isn't weird how the police reveals that Blaze sent out "that" text later on in the night but nothing about Sam's phone activities? (I guess to not hinder the investigation)

<modsnip>

Depending on COD my thoughts may change but as it stand right now IMO BB and SW agreed to meet up things got out of hand or one didn't want to participate in what the other wanted to do and as a result BB was killed. I don't think this was a hate crime or premeditated. SW needs to pay for what he has done and I have no doubt justice will be served and SW will be incarcerated for a long long time.

If not premeditated, I wonder why he had a big bin and camping gear in a rental car? Certainly causes suspicion.

I was one of the people trying to get clarification of the Snapchat vs. Text/SMS yesterday.

The news conference following the arrest yesterday made it very clear about ONE message - the message where Blaze gave his address to SW. This particular message was via SnapChat and discovered by the parents. When they became concerned about his whereabouts they accessed his SnapChat account, saw this message and gave this info to OCSD. This is what led OCSD to question SW.

As for other messages, such as the one supposedly sent to BB's friend Lily, no clue if that was SMS (text) or SnapChat. I'm not sure if this has been clarified 100% yet

Yes, thanks for the reminder. That was said about 3:50 into the PC:

[FONT=&amp]"Based on information provided by the Bernstein family after accessing Blaze&#8217;s social media account on Snapchat, they contacted the individual who had last had contact with him. A friend who came to the Bernstein home late the evening of January the 2nd and picked him up." [Any transcription errors are mine]

Initially, I didn't think that entirely ruled out Snapchat and SMS, partly because Blaze's mother said at the press conference held when he was still missing that they had put together a timeline that included Blaze texting the driver at 10:30 pm. She was also voicing frustration at the same time about not being able to access content from Snapchat (though snapchat wasn't mentioned by name), so her direct quote seemed to indicate both may have occurred, since she knew the difference by then, if not before. Perhaps LE encouraged the wording to throw Woodward off (speculation).

The OC Register's coverage of the search warrant affidavit also mentions only snapshot, so the combination now resolves this question IMO.

Woodward must have been unpleasantly surprised that he was traced so quickly.

[/FONT]

Friendly reminder: Let&#8217;s play nice in the sand box. Taking a breath and depersonalizing comments can be a magic elixir. Attacking fellow sleuthers for differing opinions or positions is no bueno. It can also get this thread locked in a nano second.

TIA.

https://www.facebook.com/pennappetit/

There is a post about BB from a few hours ago with some photos of him that are incredible. What an amazing man Blaze was. Such a sad and senseless tragedy. May justice be swift and may Blaze's name live on in countless acts of kindness.

26756782_1689928114402884_2988376591531333605_o.jpg

If not premeditated, I wonder why he had a big bin and camping gear in a rental car? Certainly causes suspicion.

Even if those items were related to what SW did to Blaze we still don't know if they were in his car before the crime or if he put them in his car AFTER the crime. One would support premeditation, the other would not. Remember, nothing was keeping him from splitting directly after the murder if that is what he intended to do, as he wasn't on anyone's radar for close to 20 hours after the murder occurred. He could have been long gone by then if he premeditated the murder and intended to run.

I was one of the people trying to get clarification of the Snapchat vs. Text/SMS yesterday.

The news conference following the arrest yesterday made it very clear about ONE message - the message where Blaze gave his address to SW. This particular message was via SnapChat and discovered by the parents. When they became concerned about his whereabouts they accessed his SnapChat account, saw this message and gave this info to OCSD. This is what led OCSD to question SW.

As for other messages, such as the one supposedly sent to BB's friend Lily, no clue if that was SMS (text) or SnapChat. I'm not sure if this has been clarified 100% yet
So because it had the address maybe he chose to keep it as a saved message. You can do that, make it so it doesn't disappear.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Even if those items were related to what SW did to Blaze we still don't know if they were in his car before the crime or if he put them in his car AFTER the crime. One would support premeditation, the other would not. Remember, nothing was keeping him from splitting directly after the murder if that is what he intended to do, as he wasn't on anyone's radar for close to 20 hours after the murder occurred. He could have been long gone by then if he premeditated the murder and intended to run.

I'm not even sure if they've said what the "camping gear" was. A tent? Stove? Backpack? Cooler?

So because it had the address maybe he chose to keep it as a saved message. You can do that, make it so it doesn't disappear.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am one of those who don't snapchat. Who decides if a message doesn't disappear? The sender or the receiver? Or both? If so, if one person sets it so it doesn't disappear, is it visible on both person's devices after the fact or just the person who saved it? TIA.

If he does work at something like Nerf Party it could be that the inflatables are in bags that would look like sleeping bags/tents and bin for nerf guns and such. No clue if he does work for that company or not just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74