Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure why my comment was deleted... I thought we were allowed to state opinions here. In my opinion he has acne on his face. In my opinion the murder was committed by stabbing based on the cuts on SW hands which are not uncommon during that type of murder. All my opinion. And it's all very tragic.

Hi all-I am new here! I have read almost every word up until yesterday morning, but have been out of the loop today, so forgive me if this was previously addressed. What exactly do we know for sure regarding the communication of the victim the fateful night and by parents the next day (and I’ll explain why I ask)? I thought I remember seeing the following, but let me know if some are only rumor:

<snip>

I wouldn&#8217;t be surprised if details re: communication are key. I wonder if there was a hookup, and if BB DID actually send the unusal text. If text was something that could be construed as derogatory towards SW and SW got his hands on the phone, then that could have set him off... just speculation...

:greetings:

Welcome Amland01! A great way to jump in or get caught up, or even just review a case, is to check out the "media thread" for that case: a place where all of the approved/accepted news stories and reference materials can be collected by all of us. If one has been created for a case, you can usually find it on the first page of a thread or at the bottom of every page. I'll link it here

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...19-Lake-Forest-Jan-2018-Media-*NO-DISCUSSION*

but you can also scroll to the bottom of any page you're on in this thread, and click on the link there. The other thing to check out is the Terms of Service (the Rules, which lots of us make mistakes with, so don't feel discouraged about them.) You can find the condensed version at the top of each and every page, under the Websleuths banner, by clicking on "Forum Rules." This is the link

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

And finally, when you see a <snip> like I did to your msg above, it's just to save space. I don't even know if I'm doing it right, because I'm still learning myself. :)

Anyways, welcome!

Not really sure why my comment was deleted... I thought we were allowed to state opinions here. In my opinion he has acne on his face. In my opinion the murder was committed by stabbing based on the cuts on SW hands which are not uncommon during that type of murder. All my opinion. And it's all very tragic.

You are allowed to state opinion, but you must make it very clear that it is your opinion rather than state it as fact. To say (in your post that was removed) "It's acne" is stating it as fact. Facts must be supported by links, but there is nothing to support that as fact; had you said "I think it is acne" or "IMO, it is acne", it would have been clear that it was your opinion.

One thing that helps is just using our popular acronyms of JMO (just my opinion), MOO (my own opinion), IMO (in my opinion).

Hope that helps to understand how we roll around here. :)

I wish I had kept copies of my comments so I could see just what it was I did wrong. I can't remember exactly what it might have been - I'm old, that's my excuse anyway.

I think you are &#8220;spot on&#8221;.

<snip>

Just my thoughts, but given the amount of info we have at this point, makes much more sense that a lot of these other &#8220;thoughts&#8221;.

Hey Mamabear05, can you tell us who you're replying to? Thanks!

Thanks! Am I allowed to provide links of pictures of him?

Only if they're from a main-stream media source, or directly from social media of BB or SW themselves.( I think, I'm kinda new here too.)

The Rules are at the top of every page, and if you're in doubt, click on the red triangle in the bottom left corner of your own post, and the Moderators will look at it for you. Also, you can see which pictures we've already collected by going to the Media thread, from the link at the bottom of every page.

Could also be plain old acne. We just don't know...

That's clearly looks like acne on his face, jmo.
ETA: Now that I zoomed in on the mugshot closer, he clearly has acne around the middle of his face, but the blemishes in the chin area appear to be darker. Maybe he is a tweeker that picks his face? Jmo
It's hard to tell by the pic.

Hey Mamabear05, can you tell us who you're replying to? Thanks!

I can&#8217;t find it, but it was an opinion that B wasn&#8217;t &#8220;hooking up&#8221; with the suspect, but thought that the suspect needed a friend to talk to

Q:Anything New been Reported or Sleuthed? Or is it all still the same suppositions/theories circling around endlessly? No offense to anyone intended, it's just hard to keep up w/so many postings, right now, and they've been the same for a few days, so just checking, but don't wish to try & read pages & pages of posts that are just the same things as what we only "factually" knew at the time of the arrest.

Plus, there's the fact my Tapatalk seems to hate me right now (going on a week) & isn't working right w/updates that don't appear, etc..(way too much stuff to bore everyone w/it all)..just frustrating..

Thanks & Appreciate any update/reply/confirmation..Cheers All![emoji16]

My theory based on entirely on my opinion, but also on my experiences and those of my friends who have been queer in highschool/college age.

I think BB/SW have possibly hooked up in the past(HS), when BB was still in the closet. He went away to school, became open with himself and his peer group(not sure of his family?) and was home on break. Met up with SW and SW wanted to hook up, BB rejected him because he deserved more than the backseat of a car and being made fun of the rest of the time(pretty common tactic for "macho" or conservative guys in the closet in highschool) and SW became enraged/ashamed.

One thing I can't get over is the grace with which Blazes family are dealing with this. I could never be as articulate as his mother, or as at peace as she seems to be, and I am in awe of them. <3

I’m finally caught up and right on time because I wanted to mention about SW’s face and blood.... peoples said earlier it looks like he has a “meth face”
with all the marks. I haven’t seen a recent picture of SW right before the murder/booking photo, but I wonder if those are scratches/ scabs from Blaze trying to fight back as SW was holding him down. Especially since Blaze was smaller, I wonder if he was able to scratch only at his face... not quite reach SW to stop him but maybe he could have scratched him pretty good which would have potentially left SW’s blood on Blaze’s shirt?

Just my thoughts, moo. But it may explain the marks on SW’s face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at that photo up close and some others from a Facebook profile that has his graduation candid photos and I think the marks are just acne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd be curious to find out who contacted who originally that fatal night. We know BB gave SW his address over an application (not going to specifically say SnapChat because that's an assumption,) but I'm wondering which one of them reach out to the other first that got this whole thing rolling. I also wonder if they had been in contact during this holiday break any time before that night or if all their communication had been that night. Just my inquisitive mind.

That's clearly looks like acne on his face, jmo.
ETA: Now that I zoomed in on the mugshot closer, he clearly has acne around the middle of his face, but the blemishes in the chin area appear to be darker. Maybe he is a tweeker that picks his face? Jmo
It's hard to tell by the pic.

Yes, stimulant drugs and/or psychosis (anything causing enough dopamine) can cause people to pick at themselves, pulling out their skin or hair usually. Not my opinion, medical fact, see wikipedia for Excoriation disorder. "Studies have shown a linkage between dopamine and the urge to pick."

I just looked and there still has been no identification on that burned body in the car trunk in Angeles National Forest, that at one time we thought could possibly be Blaze, before his body was found. Just an FYI.

(Sorry, I can't sleep, starting chemo in a few hours and my mind is racing.)

I just looked and there still has been no identification on that burned body in the car trunk in Angeles National Forest, that at one time we thought could possibly be Blaze, before his body was found. Just an FYI.

(Sorry, I can't sleep, starting chemo in a few hours and my mind is racing.)

(((Hugs))) Seajay! My prayers are with you, as chemo is no fun, but I survived mine 25 years ago, and you will, too! One day at a time. If you ever need to chat, please just PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74