Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #8 *Arrest*

I just checked the court site. Still no new dates have been listed but with the trial set to commence in less than 3 weeks, I would expect there to be some action before then. I will keep checking.

I just checked the court site. Still no new dates have been listed but with the trial set to commence in less than 3 weeks, I would expect there to be some action before then. I will keep checking.

Thank you for doing the checking! :)

@jash - almost a month has passed - anything new hearing dates before his trial on 9/8/23?

TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Still nothing, which I find surprising.
Okay... thanks for checking. Surprised too - guess he doesn't have any motions pending. Will check in at the end of next week before the trial on 9/8.

We are one week away from the start of the trial and still no updates! I've been checking daily.

Maybe no news is good news at this point as it means no more delays and there will finally be some justice for Blaze.

We are one week away from the start of the trial and still no updates! I've been checking daily.

Maybe no news is good news at this point as it means no more delays and there will finally be some justice for Blaze.

I shall go ahead & move him to 9/8 for his trial in my notes. Thanks again for checking the court site! :)

I cannot wait for Blaze to get justice. I am praying the trial actually does start this Friday the 8th! I follow his mom on Instagram and she posts about him now and then but nothing about the trial. It's been far too long!!!

I cannot wait for Blaze to get justice. I am praying the trial actually does start this Friday the 8th! I follow his mom on Instagram and she posts about him now and then but nothing about the trial. It's been far too long!!!

What is her Insta handle?

Amazingly I am NOT finding anything in my searches about whether the trial is starting or not...

@jash - any updates in the court site? I am going to go ahead & post this - and make any corrections later :)

Friday, Sept. 8th:
*Trial set to begin with Jury Selection (@ 9am PT) – CA – Blaze Bernstein (19) (Jan. 2, 2018, Lake Forest; found Jan. 9, 2018; he was stabbed 19 times in his neck; 14 times on the left, 5 on the right & 1 stab wound in his left knee) – *Samuel Lincoln Woodward (20/now 25) arrested & charged (1/17/18) & arraigned (11/9/18) with 1 count of felony murder with a hate crime enhancement for killing someone because of their sexual orientation & sentencing enhancement-personal use of a knife. Plead not guilty (again on 11/9/18). $5M bail, bail revoked (11/9/18). In custody of the Theo Lacy jail.
Trial was set to begin on 7/15/22 with jury selection was vacated for competency evaluation. Found competent (10/21/22) to stand trial.
Trial is set to begin on 9/8/23.

Court hearings from 2/2/18 thru 10/21/22 reference post #77 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...lake-forest-2-jan-2018-8-arrest.618349/page-4

1/27/23 Update: Pretrial hearing was held. Next pretrial hearing on 5/12/23 & trial has now been set to begin on 9/8/23. 5/12/23 Update: Pretrial hearing was cancelled. Had chambers meeting on 5/11/23.
5/12/23 Update: Next motions hearing on 7/13/23 @ 9:45am. Motions ex-parte. 7/13/23 Update: Next trial set to begin on 9/8/23.

Looks like the trial begins today.

From the Court Portal.

09/08/202309:00 AMJury Trial -C30

Okay - shall correct my notes! Thanks!

Have you found anything in articles yet?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back