CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder is never justified.
It can happen in anger, in passion, in a plan for gain, but
it has to be answered.

As humans, we answer to our conscience, to our higher power, to our loved ones, to
God on our final day.

As humans, we try to justify any wrong we have committed.
We cannot.

so true, dreamweaver. i just have to believe that someone who knows what happened to Bob is honorable enough and responsible enough to do the right thing. i think about the younger children, and what affect this mess has on them. Bob, Fontelle and the whole family deserve for this to be over.

PB August 11, 2009:"There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms."

"The day before he disappeared, his daughters -- PB, RB and JM-- went to his home in Placentia. The four argued about money, police say.

According to Fontelle, Bob said his daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include his new wife in the estate. According to court filings, his daughters estimated Bob had property and savings worth at least $1 million."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ppeared08.html

"His daughter, RB, acknowledged the exchange, saying her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate.

"It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."

http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

UBM, CBM
I will NEVER understand a family member bashing a missing person. IMHO, calling him selfish and conditional is basically bashing. I can see a family member thinking or talking to other family members and calling him selfish, but I cannot imagine saying this outside of the family. That is their greed talking and showing - again IMHO.

UBM, CBM
I will NEVER understand a family member bashing a missing person. IMHO, calling him selfish and conditional is basically bashing. I can see a family member thinking or talking to other family members and calling him selfish, but I cannot imagine saying this outside of the family. That is their greed talking and showing - again IMHO.

Yes, that's what really got me. It's unheard of.

UBM, CBM

Exactly. She is also trying to change the facts. Of course it was not the daughters that got "heated". That would mean a motive for Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Daughter PB August 11, 2009: "There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms."

"The day before he disappeared, his daughters -- PB, RB and JM-- went to his home in Placentia. The four argued about money, police say.

According to Fontelle, Bob said his daughters became upset when he told them he planned to include his new wife in the estate. According to court filings, his daughters estimated Bob had property and savings worth at least $1 million."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ppeared08.html

Grandson AH: "That it was not like his grandfather to leave without telling anybody where he was going. That there had been fighting in the family recently and Robert was very frustrated over the situation."

"His daughter, RB, acknowledged the exchange, saying her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate.

"It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."

http://www.ocregister.com/news/-214111--.html

Daughter RB doesn't appear to be upfront with accurate details regarding this heated family meeting. According to the Orange County court records, her mothers will was filed with the courts the spring of 2008. If this was solely about the will, all she and her sisters needed to do was obtain a copy from the court.

Case Summary
Case Number Title Filing Date Category Case Type
30-2008-00068771-PR-OP-LJC HARROD-SAFEKEEPING WILL 04/01/2008

PROBATE OTHER PROBATE MATTER

Participants Results 1 - 1 of 1000000000000
Name Type Start Date End Date Current Attorney
GEORGIA M HARROD DECEDENT 05/14/2008

Didn't I read that Bob's kids are all living in houses that he purchased, and that he helped pay some of their bills?

Yeah, he sounds like a selfish man. :rolleyes:

Didn't I read that Bob's kids are all living in houses that he purchased, and that he helped pay some of their bills?

Yeah, he sounds like a selfish man. :rolleyes:

Yes, you did. Apparently he wasn't as generous as expected, or better said demanded. Which is really a shame. Apparently some couldn't see the blessing in having a father, grandfather, great grandfather who was able to provide what he did. Sadly for Bob, what he did/provided was not enough and he paid the ultimate price.

jmo

I'm curious about any laws in CA about elder abuse, extortion, especially by family members, etc.. Altho I guess those would be the least of the worries that anyone who knows what happened to Bob would have. Bad grammar, but you get my drift...

It would be so ironic if Bob had merely wandered off without telling anyone...but surely he would have been found by now. Maybe someone who knows something will have a conscience...

Hikers discovered the skeletal remains of a man in Angeles National Forest on Sunday, but his identity still remains unknown, according to coroner’s officials.

The cause of his death was deferred while investigators wait for DNA testing results, Kades said.

An anthropologist must also examine the remains to determine his possible age and ethnicity, Kades said.

http://sierramadre.patch.com/articles/skeletal-remains-found-in-angeles-national-forest

Very little information, including how they determined these remains belonged to a man. No description of clothing, if any, found with the remains. Investigators waiting for DNA testing results sounds like they might have an idea on who these remains belong to, but the article doesn't state they are awaiting confirmation of a possible or pending id. Maybe by dna they simply mean into the Codis or other databases to compare against all missing persons.

I wish the article gave more information.

Prayers said for those who are going to get the news this is their loved one.

Hikers discovered the skeletal remains of a man in Angeles National Forest on Sunday, but his identity still remains unknown, according to coroner’s officials.

The cause of his death was deferred while investigators wait for DNA testing results, Kades said.

An anthropologist must also examine the remains to determine his possible age and ethnicity, Kades said.

http://sierramadre.patch.com/articles/skeletal-remains-found-in-angeles-national-forest

Very little information, including how they determined these remains belonged to a man. No description of clothing, if any found with the remains. Investigators waiting for DNA testing results sounds like they might have an idea on who these remains belong to, but the article doesn't state they are awaiting confirmation of a possible or pending id. Maybe by dna they simply mean into the Codis or other databases to compare against all missing persons.

I wish the article gave more information.

Prayers said for those who are going to get the news this is their loved one.
I guess the finding is a week old, (remains found 11pm Sunday), article dated yesterday. Thanks for finding it...

Depending on who it turns out to be, and how they died, there may be someone not sleeping well, whose life is about to be changed, IYKWIM...

Could be Cazzie. It's odd how the article is worded. Many times an article will read cause of death undetermined, or no signs of foul play were evident at the scene. It led me to wonder if perhaps there were visual signs indicating this persons death was a homicide; bullet wounds, or antemortem fractures of somekind found.

Usually the investigators will give some kind of information such as clothing found if they are seeking information from the public to assist with an ID.

Kind of wonder why that information is not included in the article, unless investigators don't want to tip their hand to any potential POI's.

Just don't know as there is too little to go on in the article.

Could be Cazzie. It's odd how the article is worded. Many times an article will read cause of death undetermined, or no signs of foul play were evident at the scene. It led me to wonder if perhaps there were visual signs indicating this persons death was a homicide; bullet wounds, or antemortem fractures of somekind found.

Usually the investigators will give some kind of information such as clothing found if they are seeking information from the public to assist with an ID.

Kind of wonder why that information is not included in the article, unless investigators don't want to tip their hand to any potential POI's.

Just don't know as there is too little to go on in the article.
I'm learning so much from y'all, as I continue to read here.

I guess it's always possible that it's just that the reporting isn't adequate (for all the reasons which have been discussed). Frustrating tho!

I keep thinking of that sweet photo of Bob smiling, hearing his voice on the phone call (smooch, smooch), seeing the photos of Fontelle...imagining these 2 planning their life together...thinking how she came to CA but Bob was gone...way too heartbreaking. I wish her peace and comfort. And I just don't understand how anyone could/would harm Bob. Over money? When does anyone have enough money, no matter the means to get it?

:(

FYI: (P) COURT'S ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE CONTINUED TO 10/31/2011 AT 09:00 AM IN THIS DEPARTMENT.

I wonder why it was pushed back? Perhaps there is a deal in the works.

FYI: (P) COURT'S ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE CONTINUED TO 10/31/2011 AT 09:00 AM IN THIS DEPARTMENT.

Or someone "put a bug in an ear" that answers are coming down the pike (thinking of the pending DNA test results on the skeletal remains found last week) and it was decided to wait to see if this turns out to be our dear Mr. Harrod before any final decisions are made regarding his estate.

I wonder if anyone is losing sleep right now.

Knowing that would certainly make me wonder why they cannot sleep.

In the meantime, I'll be right here, waiting for justic for Bob Harrod and answers for those who care about him.

I have been a member here since 2008 but somehow never really read about this case. I have been playing catch-up for 2 days...and I'm floored by the daughters' behavior and attitude towards their dad, who obviously loved them and provided generously for them. If I saw one of them in public, I might be tempted to smack her face...even if it meant assault charges. If these girls are willing to be so cruel to their daddy, while he is missing and most likely deceased, then he means nothing to them. They could easily wipe him out, or stand by while someone else does, and not feel one bit of remorse.

I just have to say that I am glad Mr. Bob had the chance to enjoy a few weeks of love and joy before his disappearance. My heart breaks for Ms. Fontelle. Its sad to think of her leaving her own family to stay there alone in Mr. Bob's house...that has to be hard for her.

I am comforted to know that justice will be served....if not in this life, in the one to come.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this case for so long. Special thanks to those who included links to important documents and information in this thread that allowed someone new to the case to catch up more easily. You guys are the best.

I have been a member here since 2008 but somehow never really read about this case. I have been playing catch-up for 2 days...and I'm floored by the daughters' behavior and attitude towards their dad, who obviously loved them and provided generously for them.

<snipped>

Shefner, thank you for your observations and welcome aboard! This truly is one of the most incredible "sagas". NEVER before have I ever come across the attitude and behavior that we have witnessed by family members. I still cant comprehend it!

Just holding out for the truth, and for Mr. Harrod to be found and brought home to his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu