CA - Bonnie Lee Bakley, 44, wife of Robert Blake, shot to death, Studio City, 4 May 2001 *not guilty

Have they said anything? Ugh, I have NO patience - LOL

According to Drudge, they found him responsible, and ordered to pay $30 million in damages.

Blake found responsible for Bonnie's death and ordered to pay 30 million. The feedroom link I supplied looked like it was being recorded from the janitors closet, so I didn't get ANY details.

Civil Jury Says Blake Behind Wife's Murder By GREG RISLING, Associated Press Writer

Eight months after Robert Blake was acquitted at a criminal trial of murdering his wife, a civil jury decided Friday the tough-guy actor was behind the slaying, and ordered him to pay her children $30 million in damages.

The jury decided that Blake's handyman, Earle Caldwell, did not collaborate with Blake to kill Bonny Lee Bakley.

After eight days of deliberations, the jury determined by a vote of 10-2 that the former "Baretta" star "intentionally caused the death" of Bakley, who was gunned down in 2001 in the actor's car outside a restaurant where the couple had just dined.

Blake, dressed in a black suit and tie, looked down as the verdicts were read.

The plaintiffs had argued that Blake either killed Bakley himself or hired someone to do so. The jury was not asked to decide which theory it believed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051118/ap_en_tv/blake_wife_slain&printer=1;

CTV is providing info. Dubin is going to talk with the jury now and will be back to talk more. I believe a few jurors want to talk about it. He was extremely happy.

Good.

now can anyone explain why he shouldn't go to jail?

how horrific for his daughter to one day learn her father murdered her mother. :(

amandab said:
According to Drudge, they found him responsible, and ordered to pay $30 million in damages.
Yeah, well, good luck on collecting that. Although the judge could adjust that downward.

Wow. Shades of that other celebrity murderer. What was his name, er, um ... :waitasec: . That's right, it was OJ Simpson.

NewMom2003 said:
Wow. Shades of that other celebrity murderer. What was his name, er, um ... :waitasec: . That's right, it was OJ Simpson.

Isn't it funny how you just can't remember his name? :doh:

I still won't call orange juice "OJ" just because of that creep. :bang:

RB may have had something to do with BLB's murder but the white trash Bakley's don't deserve a dime.

Blake Liable for Wife's Murder
[size=+1]Jury in civil lawsuit awards children of Bonny Lee Bakley $30 million in damages.[/size]

A jury today found Robert Blake liable under civil law for his wife's murder four years ago, and awarded her children $30 million in damages against him.

The 72-year-old entertainer, best known for his roles in "Our Gang," "In Cold Blood" and "Baretta," was acquitted of murder earlier this year when a separate jury could not find evidence beyond a reasonable doubt against him for the murder of Bonny Lee Bakley.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-111805blake_lat,0,7792198.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

shallowgal said:
Isn't it funny how you just can't remember his name? :doh:

I still won't call orange juice "OJ" just because of that creep. :bang:

Yep, I have the same problem.

Lots of luck trying to collect any money off him.

He is still the winner in it all....walking a free man when IMO he is a guilty as sin.

aheddle said:
Lots of luck trying to collect any money off him.

He is still the winner in it all....walking a free man when IMO he is a guilty as sin.
Just like OJ Simpson :(

PrayersForMaura said:
Just like OJ Simpson :(

And Michael Jackson. Are we that star-struck of a society that we can't convict these people? I really can't believe OJ got off...

Edited...to change "can" to "can't"

luvbeaches said:
And Michael Jackson. Are we that star-struck of a society that we can convict these people? I really can't believe OJ got off...

They just didn't pick the right juries. You or I and none of these people would be walking. I don't believe most of the US is star struck it is that jury consultants and defense attorney teams are looking for the weakest link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back