Identified! CA - Boron, WhtFem remains 780UFCA, 25-45, Sep'91 - Diana Smith

Here's what I came up with:

255c589f-56aa-497d-96c0-0ef16cb61bb6.jpg

As I said earlier, due to the severely degraded condition of her face, it is quite difficult to get a bead on her overall look. But I think this is pretty close.

I have a shout out for our CarlK! I used to live near the Boron area and the background of this reconstruction looks like the area! Nice touch, CarlK!

I have a shout out for our CarlK! I used to live near the Boron area and the background of this reconstruction looks like the area! Nice touch, CarlK!

One of my facebook friends said the same thing yesterday (i.e., that the background looks like Boron). I always try to use an image of a landscape or landmark near where the body was found. In this case, I just googled "Pearblossom Highway images" and that's what I found in the available images. Actually, Pearblossom Highway is a ways south of Boron, but the photo looked like the Boron area.

Just received word that this Jane Doe was ID'd as Diana Renee Smith (20) of Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

40b5ea67-659a-41ba-ab8e-a574a4f835e7.jpg

I suspect that those eyebrows in her photo aren't real. They may be part of a costume.

I suspect that those eyebrows in her photo aren't real. They may be part of a costume.

I don't even think it's eyebrows. It looks to me more like she's wearing some sort of transparent veil with a thicker edging, though it might be her bangs. It happens to lie over her eyebrows and make them look thick.

Both your recon and the sketch seem to look a lot like her, though some of the details may be off.

Hi carbuff, You are correct about the bangs curled under. It was a style in the late eighties, I know firsthand. I never perceived the identifed's picture as having bushy eyebrows, I saw it as her long bangs curled under like I used to do. It's good she finally has a name. Everyone on this forum has such dedication. It's amazing and inspiring!

I don't even think it's eyebrows. It looks to me more like she's wearing some sort of transparent veil with a thicker edging, though it might be her bangs. It happens to lie over her eyebrows and make them look thick.

Both your recon and the sketch seem to look a lot like her, though some of the details may be off.

I'm voting on that being her bangs, too. A, um, friend of a friend of mine... had bangs like that into the late 90s. She wanted to look like the Little Mermaid...

Anyway...

I'm glad to see this young lady is going home with a name.

I know that none of you have access to the pm photo, but looking at it and comparing it to this one photo of her, I am not sure that even those who knew her would recognize her from that pm photo.

I can see the similarity in noses, but aside from that, there is very little resemblance.

It's interesting to see the cases that are solved to compare the two descriptions.

I do think those are just her bangs and the edge of them happens to drape right along her eyebrows making them appear fuller/thicker.

I read this article today and checked this forum to see if it had been posted. Most on here would already kind of get the gist of the story. I just wish I could show it to everyone that freaks out if they catch me reading about missing/dead people!

BTW
Carl's recon looks dammnear just like her, only a bit sadder (more serious) than the "happy, happy" picture of her.

BTW
Carl's recon looks dammnear just like her, only a bit sadder (more serious) than the "happy, happy" picture of her.

Here are two other photos of her, compared to my recon. The upper one was much closer, although I had her hair completely wrong.
19056b91-6344-42ee-af0f-5e03ffce8754.jpg

The PM photo didn't show her hair, and so I had to guess.

http://www.columbusmonthly.com/content/stories/2014/09/when-missing-persons-cases-go-cold.html
When Missing Persons Cases Go Cold
By Michelle Sullivan
From the September 2014 edition

Diana's sister discusses her search to find her sister in this article highlighting Ohio's missing persons.

Christina Metzler remembers the last time she saw her sister more than 20 years ago.

It was July 3, 1991, and she was at home in Reynoldsburg. Her older sister, Diana Smith, was at the pool in their condo complex. Diana, 19 at the time, was a rebellious teenager. Though she had a bed in their childhood home, she rarely spent the night. The older she became, the less she’d visit. Christina, three years younger than her sister, didn’t pay much attention to her comings and goings. She was too caught up in her own teenage drama to keep tabs on her sister.

A family photo with Diana and more at link.

http://www.columbusmonthly.com/content/stories/2014/09/when-missing-persons-cases-go-cold.html
When Missing Persons Cases Go Cold
By Michelle Sullivan
From the September 2014 edition

Diana's sister discusses her search to find her sister in this article highlighting Ohio's missing persons.

A family photo with Diana and more at link.

I'm pretty sure the article is reusing the information from the article I posted above. When adults go missing, only questions remain
Diana's killer is still not known. Last I spoke to her sister; she was not giving any more interviews. My heart goes out to her sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back