CA CA - Brian Fernandez, 21, & Olivia Gonzalez (dec'd), 20, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2016

With the amount of damage, I really have to agree with you. I can't see how rolling off the edge would cause all that.

It appears it went off front end first and accordioned down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just still really on the fence about this one....

A for Brian.
The description says the authorities have told the family they suspected his body to be in the water and he has an 11 month old son.

<modsnip>

Heck I've taken my birds to a few family parties just because it didn't seem like a party without them! At least when I first got them I did that. For an overnight stay, I either bring them or get a bird sitter.

They were going camping in big sur.

If anyone recalls, there were reports of rock slides and boulder slides during that timeframe. Maybe they dodged a boulder, lost control and accidentally went over. :(

No slides had happened yet. And it's not an area where someone would dodge a boulder and go off the road. The cliff is 20-30 ft from the road off the side of a vista lookout point. Good thinking though.

BBM

:welcome: iiamthewolf

A big THANK YOU for you first hand account of driving Highway 1 that day. We needed this. I think you are most likely right that lack of experience (possibly slightly excessive speed for the conditions) and the Civic were the causes of the accident. If they tried to dodge a falling rock, another obstacle or vehicle, that may have been the tipping point. Sadly, accidents happen.

I hope your camping trip went well. Welcome to the west coast. :)

The road where Brian and Olivia went off the cliff is 20-30 ft from the road. This area doesn't have falling rocks. The rockslides are about two miles north of this area. I drive this road all the time. After you get passed Ragged Point going South, the road is pretty safe. It's after Ragged Point that the road gets windy and can be dangerous. The area where B and O went off isnt like this. .
06cd663be5560b40f894a98c9453a396.jpg
06cd663be5560b40f894a98c9453a396.jpg

This couple for instance are still 5-7 ft from the cliff and their car is parked 20 ft behind them up an embankment.
d0eedc25f5c9392c075f9b251a803b48.jpg

These marks are from where the car was pulled up off the rocks. The car went straight down and was lodged in the rocks. Olivia and one dog was found 10 days after the accident and the other dog the following day. That means the waves weren't coming up that far. Not enough to pull the three of them out to the ocean. This doesn't mean that Brian couldn't have been thrown farther and thus into the ocean. From the time they disappeared we've had rain and storms that really churned up the sea and caused high tides and flooding. We did search the beach and the rolled seaweed, but found nothing other than a pair of balled socks. Which could have come out of the car upon crashing or could have been unrelated. The one thing that's been bothering me is that NONE of Brian's clothes that he was wearing that day seem to have washed back up into shore. (I.e.: shoes, shirt, socks, ect.).

Where is this info from?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Direct from the reporter that was there when they pulled the car up. She was able to see inside the driver side (where Brian's mom had been looking when she started screaming) and the reporter said there was "no blood at all."

Thanks for the bump, flower girl! I've been wondering about this one myself.

Maybe I am being irrational, but I am still teetering on the fence about this case. No blood in the drivers seat, no body or trace of him found? And I still don't understand how they went off the cliff right there , when it is such a long way from the road. They didn't lose control on the highway end up going off that cliff, imo. So much of it seems odd. :thinking:

Seems like quite a few of us here have had an odd feeling right from the start. My feeling hasn't changed a bit.

No blood in any part of the car. Not from people, not from dogs.

I think if there was NO BLOOD whatsoever, including from the dogs and Olivia, then it is reasonable to assume that it is possible that Brian's blood didn't get in the car, either. So...definitely possible that he was ejected and in the ocean.

I don't have a definite feeling as to what happened one way or another. I guess it's *possible* he could have just up and left the crash (lots of theories as to how), but I don't think that's what happened. I think it's more likely he was ejected into the ocean.

I'm not sure what I think, but the lack of blood doesn't sway me. It's possible the car was affected by rain or high tide and if there was blood, it got washed away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as we know at this time BF is a victim. Unless some news comes out as to his involvement we must treat him as one of the deceased not as yet not found as a victim. Please refer to the rules posted here

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

Or alert any post that one may think is questionable by clicking the red triangle at the bottom of any post. Absence that anyone can click on the forum title and find a Mod to PM. Let's not jump to conclusions as to weather a person in a case is a victim or a participant. This is a victim friendly forum and unless an individual is named in MSM or by LE as a POI they cannot be spoken of in a negative light.

If anyone has a question about a specific post please ask a Mod.

I am not a Mod but I am here to help.

I think if there was NO BLOOD whatsoever, including from the dogs and Olivia, then it is reasonable to assume that it is possible that Brian's blood didn't get in the car, either. So...definitely possible that he was ejected and in the ocean.

I don't have a definite feeling as to what happened one way or another. I guess it's *possible* he could have just up and left the crash (lots of theories as to how), but I don't think that's what happened. I think it's more likely he was ejected into the ocean.
I think I have gone through many scenarios too here, and I don't have a strong feeling either as to what could have happened. There is some closure, sad as it is, with a body, but for loved ones who wait, nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back