CA CA - Bridgett ‘Bridget’ Lee Pendell-Williamson, 23, San Francisco, 1 Apr or 7 Jul 1997

If she was a true deadhead she would travel to Oregon, and Washington State .. so totally possible! I want to know what brought her to KS. She could easily have went to the "gathering" (held on the 4th of July weekend) or anything like that. I have friends that still go every year and I go when I can. Most are nomads and left home or dropped out of society years ago.

Most people that live like this will frequent SRO's, hostels and $40 or less hotels. these places don't check ID (well, hostels do) and allow you to stay as long as you're paying. No lease or anything like that. Shared bathrooms on each floor etc. Where ever she worked last in San Fran she probably had a diner she went to, to stay warm / dry and get coffee. She probably had a favorite bodega where she was known and back then - payphones she placed most of her calls. Her last known address would be a huge help. I think I found her last known address but I can't be for sure (it lists KS and NY as well). That just means she received mail there.

I also can't find her social :( I found one person that could be her and if so ... she's alive. Big leap but this person is in Tx, same birthdate, same spelling of name and same middle initial.

If she was a true deadhead she would travel to Oregon, and Washington State .. so totally possible! I want to know what brought her to KS. She could easily have went to the "gathering" (held on the 4th of July weekend) or anything like that. I have friends that still go every year and I go when I can. Most are nomads and left home or dropped out of society years ago.

Most people that live like this will frequent SRO's, hostels and $40 or less hotels. these places don't check ID (well, hostels do) and allow you to stay as long as you're paying. No lease or anything like that. Shared bathrooms on each floor etc. Where ever she worked last in San Fran she probably had a diner she went to, to stay warm / dry and get coffee. She probably had a favorite bodega where she was known and back then - payphones she placed most of her calls. Her last known address would be a huge help. I think I found her last known address but I can't be for sure (it lists KS and NY as well). That just means she received mail there.

I also can't find her social :( I found one person that could be her and if so ... she's alive. Big leap but this person is in Tx, same birthdate, same spelling of name and same middle initial.

The last known address according to the article was a hotel on the 300 block of Ellis Street - that was where she was last living with Cosmic Charlie.

Some people also told Bridget's sister that they thought they'd seen The Crier (the girl in the photo that they thought might be Bridget) at the Transbay Terminal in 2004. I have no idea what or where the Transbay Terminal is, other than that I guess there is/was a homeless encampment there.

Hi Astro,
re: the bolded part, there are ways, I think, to find out that info online. I don't know how to do it, but I've read some threads in the "unclaimed persons"
sub-forum (deceased people, mostly transients, whose remains were never claimed) and those folks seem to be able do it. Maybe PM the mod of that forum and ask them to give it a shot?

The only way I know of is through a very expensive site... I looked into it once and it was like $100/month plus $1 per click or something... thus, I've never used it.

Sounds legit, unless it's someone who stole her name/DOB from doenetwork or charleyproject. I saw a piece on illegal immigration a while ago, the gangs who smuggle in the illegals would go onto state's prisoner lookup websites, pick people w/ lenghty sentences and apply for SS cards w/ their info. How would we go about confirming if its really her?

I can look through Texas Criminal records... are you finding her under Pendell or Williamson?

I 100% have her last known SF address. Totally confirmed. She's next to a methadone clinic (I mean, like next door) as well as 1 needle exchange, a liquor store across the street, 2 bodegas, 1 SRO (across the street) and a soup kitchen / help center. There's also a youth program (medical help, social services, and food). This is a rough rough area but the people there that are on the "program" might remember her. If she's alive and ever tried to get on methadone, she would have done so with a place near her home and work. Typically people stick with the same center due to wait lists. Something to think about, even if it's been 18 years.

I stopped into a strip club today to find a girl I know who is part of the rainbow family. The manager was kind enough to let me print out her photo. My friend is going to share it with others and she already posted it on their facebook. Sadly Bridget's name and face didn't ring a bell :(

I stopped into a strip club today to find a girl I know who is part of the rainbow family. The manager was kind enough to let me print out her photo. My friend is going to share it with others and she already posted it on their facebook. Sadly Bridget's name and face didn't ring a bell :(

The only thing that makes me doubt the Rainbow Family angle is that from what I read (I looked into them for the Benjamin Cannon case) they are pretty anti-drug, with the exception of weed.

Looking at the Rainbow Family Facebook pages & stuff, you see a lot of complaints about the 'junkies' that show up to their events, because they often start trouble, steal things, etc. IIRC they are somewhat anti-alcohol too. I think she would totally fit the Rainbow Family profile if we had reason to think she'd cleaned up... but if she had, I think she would have contacted her family... JMO of course...

Yeah the drugs thing is true. I go every 4th to a gathering and you have to drink away from the group (I don't drink though). The reason is; a lot of people are runaways and there's children.

The only reason I brought up the Rainbow family is that it's frowned upon to take your ID. They have jobs, factories and things of this nature. People move to compounds in major cities and things. She *could have kicked the habit without methadone (I hate methadone, it's worse than heroin). After all, dope sick lasts 5 days -with the worse being days 2-4.

Also it's sorta "rules" (I use that term loosely) that people do not contact their families once they join - or they call twice a year. If phone #'s changed, it's likely she wouldn't know a way to touch base.She went missing before cell phones were a house hold item.

I have talked to Sasha recently. Her grandmother Marie - Bridgets mother - is still very much alive, and is still waiting and wondering what happened to her daughter!!

Bridget is on my mind today. I got the call about a friend of mine who's been missing since Jan. Her body has already been buried on Hart Island (in NY). Jane Doe #97 of 2013 for the Bronx. She's now 860,000 of the unclaimed in a mass burial pit. She was a street walker who had a nasty abscess *like most* where the bacteria traveled to her heart and killed her. It was from IV use (heroin and coke). I keep wondering if CA has something similar and if Bridget is there.

I wanted to share this as some hope:
"Pennsylvania mom who went missing in 2002 turns up alive in Florida

According to police, Brenda Heist disappeared amid a divorce, hitchhiked to Florida and lived as a homeless person, sleeping under bridges and eating food thrown out from fast food restaurants"

"According to Lititz Borough Police, Heist joined a group of homeless people who were hitchhiking to Florida. Once she arrived in Florida, Heist lived as a homeless person, sleeping under bridges and tents and eating food thrown out from fast food restaurants."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...issing-in-2002-turns-up-alive-in-florida?lite

I'm so glad to read all of your insights, AstroKitty. I'd love for this case to be solved. If I recall correctly, the reason she was in KS was due to her marriage. I believe that she lived in Kansas when she was married. It was from KS (I think) that she headed out to CA.

There were some mentions in some of the articles that were linked toward the beginning of the thread about Bridget possibly being spotted at a homeless mission in Stockton.

Bumping!
I've not forgotten about her, I've just hit a dead end :( i have however been booked in SF so I am going to hit the pavement and I am going to try to get info prior to going - from the ME in Santa Cruz, SF and Stockton. No promises on anything - I've never done this before and am clueless. If anyone can help I do appreciate it.

Astro,
Any new info on Bridget? I've lived in downtown SF for 11 years. This case hits close to home. I hope she's out there...

No info, sorry. I am curious if she could have fell victim to the "speed freak" killers? they were in that general area that she was last reported in. But otherwise, I have no leads and her social security # has no hits on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renovationsnet
Back