CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last question, any other crimes reported in the area during this timeframe? Anyone looked at crime logs, scanner rewind and calls to PD? TIA.

We all know he was troubled at this point we just need specialized teams to go find him NOW. The investigators have years more experience then we have. I'm sure they have come up with every scenario we have. We now need more media coverage to get the word out thats how the horseback riders found kidnapped teenager Hannah Anderson in Idaho mountains by seeing the news. Bryce would be easy to identify with his red/orange hair, fair skin and tatoo. Family needs to try and plead get TES OUT HERE ASAP!!! It has been in triple digits over a week. He has to be somewhere. In this heat I don't believe he would have survived on his own with no food and 105 degrees for 10 days unless someone took him in. His fair skin would be so sunburned :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not exactly sure. It could be. The two articles I found citing burning bodies from 2009 and 2010 just both said the bodies were discovered in the Castaic area and mentioned a "remote access road" off of or near Templin Highway. I have looked at the maps some of y'all have posted but I can't find Templin Highway so I don't know where it is at in connection to where this current body was found. Perhaps a local CA person knows?

Templin Hwy is in Castaic off the 5 a bit north of where Bryce probably was. If you look at the north end of Castaic Lake on a map, you will see it if you a bit west towards the 5.

Still no answer from dragracerz regarding if sonar equipment has been used. I would be on LASD arses for more info.

All I can say is that I really hope extensive searches are still being done just in case the ID doesn't come back as a match.

Does anyone recall how long it took for an ID to be made on Tim Bosma?

So we have a record here ...

Here's screen print of BL's last txt msg to current roommate.
RSBM

From this article: http://fox40.com/2013/09/04/roommate-hoping-for-the-best-after-sierra-college-student-goes-missing/
Reporter: This is a text message, the last one Sean got from Bryce that night.
“I love you bro, seriously. You are the best person I’ve ever met. You saved my soul.”

I noticed the discrepancy as well. I think this is an error in reporting. The texts on the screen clearly show Wednesday afternoon in the 2:00 hour, not the night Bryce went missing. Either the first or second time. These texts would have been shortly after Bryce talked to him mom at 1:30pm (IIRC) saying he was going to break up with his gf, she offered to fly up, he told her not to & he was going to drive home & had a lot to talk to her about.

With this slight change in the timeline of when Bryce sent that text, it brings additional possible scenarios to mind, though none directly affect what happened after he left his gf's Wed night. What was the source of the Adderall? Why did the roommate 'save his soul'? Was him going to breakup with the girlfriend something suggested by the roommate? Was this the first time he'd taken Adderall & realized how bad/good it could be? Or? Or? Or? So many scenarios.

If the autopsy of the recovery body is complete and the ME has an ID on that individual (who it is or is not) ...

What good/reasonable explanation could ME/LE have for continuing to keep this distressed family on pins and needles for the ID determination of the recovered body; BL: yea or nay? TIA

Though I don't agree it right to keep the parents in the dark so long, I could see it NOT being Bryce & LE not wanting to alert anyone yet while they are still investigating yet another body that turned up. They want the advantage of letting any killer/s know that LE is onto them.

RSBM
The police do not need probable cause to search if they are given permission: "Sir, may we take a look inside your car?" "Ok".

Very true. I think what I was trying to get at more (sorry for confusion) is that Kern Co SD did not pull him over for some infraction or crime. They weren't really investigating an actual crime, so I don't see them doing as thorough a search as they would if, say, they had suspicions of someone & were looking for a reason to hold them for longer or something. He seemed a nice young man not breaking any laws. How hard would they look? :twocents:

Can anyone come up with a realistic scenario in which he might be alive?
RSBM
Any of the scenarios WhiteOrchid and AnjL shared about their sons!

Exactly, SandSage. So many scenarios of real cases that have been shared here. I think it was AnjL's son that disappeared in a similar fashion & ended up in jail under a slightly altered name & released. She never knew.

What are common misspellings or typos for Bryce Laspisa??? Maybe slightly more common names?
Brice or Bruce? Lespisa or Laspina?

If he made his way the 2.5 miles back to the gas station areas, there are lots of trucker areas he could have easily hitched a ride, I'm sure.

RSBM
I can't find Templin Highway so I don't know where it is at in connection to where this current body was found. Perhaps a local CA person knows?

Templine Hwy is slightly north of Castaic off I-5.

Still no answer from dragracerz regarding if sonar equipment has been used. I would be on LASD arses for more info.

All I can say is that I really hope extensive searches are still being done just in case the ID doesn't come back as a match.

Does anyone recall how long it took for an ID to be made on Tim Bosma?

Yeah I just checked the FB for Bryce and IMO, Bryce's family and friends need to become intensely more proactive. People are being asked to put flyers up at colleges. Bryce left his college and his truck crashed at a campground. I would think campgrounds, truck stops and homeless shelters, not to mention gas stations, would be better places to bomb with flyers.

Also, it appears they are leaving the searching up to LE. Huge mistake, IMO. LE appears to only be looking in the lake, not on foot. I see requests from people on FB who know the area well, know the canyons wells and who just want to organize searches, just flat being ignored.

When Michelle Le went missing LE refused to give much info to her family at all. After months, they reluctantly suggested a location to search based on cell phone pings. MONTHS. Michelle was found by a private search team (Amber Dubois' mother in fact).

The family needs better resources. They need to get in touch immediately with the organizations that know how to quickly
Mobilize. They need to set up their own command center and staff it with volunteers. Marc Klass is great. amber Dubois's mom has an organization. The family of the girls murdered in Yosemite have a fabulous organization as well. I will provide a list of links when I'm at a computer. Posting on FB is useless to me as the posts get swallowed up so hopefully Dragracerz can get this info to the local friends and family. The clock is ticking. I had no idea so much was bring left to LE.

They've filled out forms for Tim Miller's Equisearch Team. They have fought tooth and nail to get media attention. Much more than we we've seen in some cases! I think they are doing the best they can at this point, and holding off on searches only because they don't know if Bryce has been found yet or not!

FYI:

dragracerz posted today that they are in contact with Marc Klaas.

I just read at the FB page that BL's Mom recently posted that the family has filled out Texas Equusearch paperwork and submitted it to their detective.

Yeah I just checked the FB for Bryce and IMO, Bryce's family and friends need to become intensely more proactive. People are being asked to put flyers up at colleges. Bryce left his college and his truck crashed at a campground. I would think campgrounds, truck stops and homeless shelters, not to mention gas stations, would be better places to bomb with flyers.

Also, it appears they are leaving the searching up to LE. Huge mistake, IMO. LE appears to only be looking in the lake, not on foot. I see requests from people on FB who know the area well, know the canyons wells and who just want to organize searches, just flat being ignored.

When Michelle Le went missing LE refused to give much info to her family at all. After months, they reluctantly suggested a location to search based on cell phone pings. MONTHS. Michelle was found by a private search team (Amber Dubois' mother in fact).

The family needs better resources. They need to get in touch immediately with the organizations that know how to quickly
Mobilize. They need to set up their own command center and staff it with volunteers. Marc Klass is great. amber Dubois's mom has an organization. The family of the girls murdered in Yosemite have a fabulous organization as well. I will provide a list of links when I'm at a computer. Posting on FB is useless to me as the posts get swallowed up so hopefully Dragracerz can get this info to the local friends and family. The clock is ticking. I had no idea so much was bring left to LE.

Wow.

I'm looking on MSM and can not seem to find the exact distance in mileage from where his vehicle was found to where the body was found. Can someone please tell me this? Sorry, I'm sure its posted upstream somewhere!

Wow.

I'm looking on MSM and can not seem to find the exact distance in mileage from where his vehicle was found to where the body was found. Can someone please tell me this? Sorry, I'm sure its posted upstream somewhere!

IIRC, distance from crash site to recovered body is roughly 1.8 miles.

I would really hope if this body fit Bryces description that my sister would have been notified by now

I can't believe all the dead bodies that have turned up in that area and I live in a suburb of Chicago

BBM: exactly! It just seems way too weird to me. Maybe we're noticing it more because we're focusing on finding Bryce but is it really that normal to find so many bodies in a fairly small area, in a relatively short time frame? Especially unidentified bodies? I'm just.. baffled I guess is the word.

Dragracerz I completely agree, I would hope they'd have told your sister, or asked her to identify shoes, or something by now. I feel awful for whoever's family it is, but I really hope this isn't Bryce. I hate to say but it is the weekend.. I was surprised when they said she might hear anything before Monday. Maybe tomorrow's the day. I'd far prefer to hear he was found alive today, though!

Wow.

It's 2.0 miles from the intersection of Lake Hughes Rd & Main Ramp Rd. The vehicle went off the road going around a gate to get on to Main Ramp Rd & rolled down a 15' embankment. So maybe 2.2 mi.

However, Bryce's scent (we assume if he was still driving) was picked up at the end of the road down to the beach, which is .06 mi from Lake Hughes Rd.

Has TES been contacted or their presence requested?

Yes, I just spoke with them and because of the detective in charge they will not help. I cannot say anymore about it.
We had a great phone conversation and they would like to help but can't

The male early 20s found in Somis Saturday morning was Hispanic

I talked to the detective and he confirmed this.

I am truly sorry to whoevers loved one this is.

Yes, I just spoke with them and because of the detective in charge they will not help. I cannot say anymore about it.
We had a great phone conversation and they would like to help but can't

That is SO DISAPPOINTING! :stormingmad:

I am so, so, so, so sorry. :(

I just want to mention for our newcomers that Dylan Redwine's threads offer a lot of information about scent dogs, lake searches, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona