CA CA - Cameron Remmer, 29, San Francisco, 9 Oct 2011

http://www.10news.com/news/missing-mans-story-gets-national-attention

Remmer’s sister Chelsea Gladden sat down with 10News on Sunday, ahead of Investigation Discovery's “Last Seen Alive.”

The episode was shot in January and will be aired a few more times in the weeks ahead. She says they are optimistic that just one person that has seen him will come forward.

Despite active pursuits on social media for many years now, the families of five young men who went missing in the San Francisco, California area over the past several years still have few answers. Jackson Miller, missing May 15, 2010, Cameron Remmer, missing October 6, 2011, Shawn Dickerson, missing December 2, 2011, Crishtian Hughes, missing February 7, 2013, and Sean Sidi, missing May 21, 2013, all vanished from various areas of San Francisco without a trace. Leads and searches have unearthed virtually no clues in any of their cases, but members of every family have banded together to help in the search efforts and cope with their shared grief.

california_5_a4c4f00a6d0ebcd30e2572cff372a476.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Updating link: Cameron William Remmer – The Charley Project

Cameron William Remmer

cameron_william_remmer_1.jpg
remmer_cameron2.jpg
cameron_william_remmer_3.jpg
cameron_william_remmer_4.jpg
cameron_william_remmer_7.jpg

Missing Since 10/06/2011
Missing From San Francisco, California
Classification Endangered Missing
Date of Birth 07/30/1982 (37)
Age 29 years old
Height and Weight 5'10, 170 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description Unknown, but he usually wears a t-shirt, shorts and sneakers. He reportedly bought 20 pairs of dark eyeglasses and several new shirts just before his disappearance.
Medical Conditions Remmer suffers from bipolar disorder and has been hospitalized for his condition in the past. He requires medication which he doesn't have with him. Remmer may also suffer from celiac disease, a condition that damages the lining of the intestine and prevents a person from absorbing nutrients from food and gaining weight. He has also sustained several head injuries in the past.
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Remmer's nickname is Cam.

Details of Disappearance
Remmer disappeared from the Fairmont Hotel on Mason Street in San Francisco, California on October 6, 2011. He told his father he was going to start a medical marijuana business and went to San Francisco with $30,000 in cash to buy marijuana. He'd flown there on September 29 and checked into the hotel with 60 to 70 packages of the drug.

He was supposed to return home on October 30. At 11:00 p.m. on October 6, he called a friend who was in Arizona and asked his friend to pay for him to get a room that night. His friend agreed to pay, but then Remmer told him to forget about it because he had found a place to stay. No other calls were registered to his cellular phone.

He'd left all his luggage and personal belongings, including the cash and the marijuana, with the bellman on the day of his disappearance, and never picked them up. He hasn't used his debit cards, credit cards, or his email or Facebook accounts since October 6, and his car was left behind at his father's house in Fallbrook, California.

There were several reported sightings of Remmer in the San Francisco area in the months after his disappearance, but none of them were confirmed. He may appear unkempt and have long hair.

Remmer was unmarried and childless at the time of his disappearance. He is the youngest of four siblings. He has previously lived in the California cities of Santa Barbara, Ventura, Leucadia and Carlsbad.

In spite of his mental illness, it's uncharacteristic of him to be out of touch with friends and family for more than a few days at a time. His case remains unsolved.

Well I believe I spoke with Cameron Remmer sometime in 2014. I've lived in Nob Hill since 2003 and my gym was at The Fairmont Hotel at the time. I live in the area where I spoke with him. I know the time frame is correct because I had a bike accident in 2012 and it had to have been around that time prior to my having an iPhone. As a woman, I spoke with Cameron after I saw him earlier walking in front of Grace Cathedral yelling loudly. He was wearing a colorful multicolored silk costume so I thought he was perhaps an actor taking a break for a dramatic performance nearby.

I kept an eye on him until he calmed down and the police came to chat with him. I later saw him in front of the Huntington Hotel arguing with the bellman. I interrupted the argument to say I wanted to speak with him as if I was a female friend of his.

I wanted to speak with him about Jesus since I turned back to God after my bike accident in 2012. He tried to impress me with his knowledge of history and wanted to argue with me. He was very clean and didn't look homeless but was intensely stressed and very loud not allowing me to speak so I broke off with him. I had listened intently to his nonsensical arguments. It's clear to me now Cameron had amnesia and likely didn't really know who he was making a big fuss everywhere for attention. I asked him for his name but don't recall what he said.

As I walked home I later saw him begging at the Masonic Auditorium asking for change. I've never seen him since. I don't recall him being that tall however, seemed shorter. He looked around mid-30's to me then. Clean shaven.

I did a spreaker podcast a few weeks ago about my experience. In 2014-15 I Spoke With Missing Person Cameron Remmer

Last edited:
Cameron Remmer's been missing for 9 years now since 2011. I believe I likely spoke with him in 2014 and he apparently has amnesia based on how he behaved that day.

Despite active pursuits on social media for many years now, the families of five young men who went missing in the San Francisco, California area over the past several years still have few answers. Jackson Miller, missing May 15, 2010, Cameron Remmer, missing October 6, 2011, Shawn Dickerson, missing December 2, 2011, Crishtian Hughes, missing February 7, 2013, and Sean Sidi, missing May 21, 2013, all vanished from various areas of San Francisco without a trace. Leads and searches have unearthed virtually no clues in any of their cases, but members of every family have banded together to help in the search efforts and cope with their shared grief.

california_5_a4c4f00a6d0ebcd30e2572cff372a476.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Last edited:
Possible sighting of Cameron in SF, according to the Find Sean Sidi FB page. With picture of man that looks a lot like Cameron.

FIND SEAN SIDI

I believe I saw Cameron throwing an angry tantrum in front of Out of Closet thrift store on Polk at California Street on September 17, 2020 at 4:00 pm. He was screaming and giving the finger at the female employees who asked him to leave caught stealing merchandise. I spoke with Janet there who witnessed what he said "I'm going to shut down this store!" What I witnessed as he walked toward me on my bike at the crosswalk was his mumbling to himself looking down at the ground, "I sure screwed up my life."

I called and the police number provided is fake for this case. Don't really know what to do at this point other than contact his Facebook page. I think he's still here in San Francisco with amnesia. He most resembles the photo posted here in my opinion.

The other photos provided in the missing persons photos are outdated but the one I'm providing here looks much like the guy I saw yesterday. Last I saw he was walking West toward Van Ness Street away from Polk.

I don't think the police are bothered by his missing status likely thinking he's probably a gay man wanting confidentiality, true or not. He was yelling with a gay man's accent if you know what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• rawImage.jpg
    rawImage.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 10
One other thing, I was on my way down to speak with the ladies at the store with Cameron's missing flyer the next day and happened to see this guy slumped over at the Trader Joes benches. I wanted to make sure it wasn't Cameron, he looked a little too large. He said he wasn't Cameron but he recognized him in the flyer I showed him. I didn't think he was being honest with me, but he said he does drugs, which isn't surprising. He had blue eyes, a beard and wasn't as far gone as this picture makes him seem.

Attachments

• IMG_9017.JPG
    IMG_9017.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
The police won't help with the missing case, they likely ignore the amnesia this man has believing he's willfully decided to be missing to his relatives and friends. This is based on a few of his blog posts that longed for the care free homeless life by the sea as explained in part two of ThinAir's podcast on YouTube from last year. At the end of the video they read Cameron's blog posts that indicate he wanted to be free. Police likely use that as a means to determine he doesn't want to be found. Thus far it seems Cameron's willfully in his situation. He was reported in this podcast prior to his missing interviewing homeless artists in San Francisco recording them. He may have decided to ultimately join that lifestyle.

Latest example of people finding Cameron Remmer perfectly fine posted on a Facebook page choosing to be homeless, provided with an iPhone at a soup kitchen at Glide. He wants to be missing but likely has amnesia.

Attachments

• DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200918210226.png
    DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20200918210226.png
    403.1 KB · Views: 20
I believe I saw Cameron throwing an angry tantrum in front of Out of Closet thrift store on Polk at California Street on September 17, 2020 at 4:00 pm. He was screaming and giving the finger at the female employees who asked him to leave caught stealing merchandise. I spoke with Janet there who witnessed what he said "I'm going to shut down this store!" What I witnessed as he walked toward me on my bike at the crosswalk was his mumbling to himself looking down at the ground, "I sure screwed up my life."

I called and the police number provided is fake for this case. Don't really know what to do at this point other than contact his Facebook page. I think he's still here in San Francisco with amnesia. He most resembles the photo posted here in my opinion.

The other photos provided in the missing persons photos are outdated but the one I'm providing here looks much like the guy I saw yesterday. Last I saw he was walking West toward Van Ness Street away from Polk.

I don't think the police are bothered by his missing status likely thinking he's probably a gay man wanting confidentiality, true or not. He was yelling with a gay man's accent if you know what I'm talking about.
BBM

Welcome to WS, @brainchannels! Thank you for providing all of this interesting information. Here is LE contact information according to Cameron's profile on CA DOJ Office of the Attorney General. I imagine you'd be able to find someone there who'd be interested in those pics. I've included the case number which likely will help them access the case quicker than with his name only. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Contact
AGENCY: San Francisco Police Department
PHONE NUMBER: (415) 553-1071
CASE NUMBER: 110819476

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members