CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
She does mention on one of her social media posts that some guys there are coming on strong. To me I wouldn't want to sound crazy but hell who knows maybe she did mention something to her family? Such as "there's a creepy guy I see following me everywhere" "it's probably nothin dont worry about it" type deal.

A lot of her behavior suggests she is playing cool. Not wanting to appear crazy.

The post you were referring to did not seem to me like it was referencing a specific incident, just typical young female "complaining" about how aggressive guys are on the dance floor, i.e. half complaining and half bragging about how much attention they got.

Judging by the way she talks about her family and inner life in her blogs, I seriously doubt her family was aware of much of anything she discusses in them. I hope LE is aware of them by this point.

The post you were referring to did not seem to me like it was referencing a specific incident, just typical young female "complaining" about how aggressive guys are on the dance floor, i.e. half complaining and half bragging about how much attention they got.

And that would be definitely typical club behaviour.

What I want to know, is why is she in a club/bar by herself? While I would need confirmation from our psychologist members, I would see this as more of a break from societal norms. A loner by nature? Or did she go with someone, or meet someone there.

I usually don't like to speculate out of my area of expertise, but combine this with the L4D reference and social media usage, perhaps she met someone online and went to the club with them?

Not sure if you're thinking that her hand movements looked like piano playing at one point... but I don't think so. Especially not if she knows how to play piano.

I was actually wondering if there was a piano in regards to her possible locations and whom she might have encountered and when.

I have found some suspicious long term residents with an interest in music, particularly jazz.

I just looked at the meds her "doctors" had her on. I'm absolutely disgusted. It seems she got the classic cop-out diagnosis of bipolar (although I don't see where it says if she was I, II or NOS) along with depression and ADHD. This diagnosis drives me crazy (pun unintentional, but noted and left anyway.) Three out of the four medications she was on could trigger mania - effexor (an SNRI anti-depressant), wellbutrin (an atypical anti-depressant) and adderall (a straight up amphetamine.)

Bipolar disorder has become a catch all diagnosis as of late, particularly in women. So many of the DSM criteria are subjective, especially in a regimented society. What one doctor can call "impulsive" behavior, another could simply think was the result of a whimsical personality. Also, while ADHD can in theory be comorbid with bipolar disorder, ADHD and depression are on the differential for bipolar. Also, classic symptoms like "sexual indiscretion" are FAR more likely to be applied to women than to men. How many partners makes a woman sexually indiscrete as opposed to a man?

If this turns out to be a suicide or an accident, I hope her doctor(s) undergo serious scrutiny.

I can only base this off my professional training and scenario running, but let me know what you think. She enters the elevator multiple times. Meaning there is a weak control link if we are assuming your perp is outside. Without a weapon, it becomes even less so, and I would argue that if he/she did not have a weapon, that individual would have had to go in the elevator to remove her. Highly unlikely you could get any compliance without a weapon.

Okay fast forward. Let's say he/she had a weapon, and forced her out at 2:28 (despite her entering in and out). He/she kills Elisa in a room. Why not use the weapon? Breaking a neck is extremely hard unless you have CQB training, and even then, its not an easy task. I would argue my CQB is far above normal level, but I doubt I could do it effectively. Most civilians without a weapon would choke in my view. But let's say her neck broke. It would have to have been one hell of an impact. But yes, there are freak impacts that will severe the spinal cord.

Breaking her neck in the cistern is unlikely unless she dove head first, but given the size of the opening, body wouldn't have fallen in anyways. Tank was an estimated 3/4 full, and at an estimated ten feet, your not reaching the bottom at that dive level.

Anyways, let me know what you think!

Thank you for your reply. Very intriguing the stuff about control level of the perp. It seems like minimal control for sure. I do believe she was feeling relatively safe at the beginning even taking time to look at buttons before pressing them. Also it seems the perp sneaks up on her at one point. So it's really the second time entering the lift that is odd. Why would a gunman allow her back into the elevator unless he is sure it won't move?

So what is the ruckus heard that night on the fourth floor? Do you think she was taken back to her room after the video?

I think Elisa would have been definitely aware and leary of potential creeps. In her tumble post describing a club outing, she makes reference to this. (Looking for link).

More from Chinese media outlets: http://big5.xinhuanet.com/gate/big5/news.xinhuanet.com/overseas/2013-02/24/c_124380059.htm

此外,OMNI記者也在臉書上找到藍可兒另一好友Amanda的網頁。Amanda在2月7日的網頁中,上載了據稱藍可兒從洛杉磯寄給她的明信片。該明信片上說有些東西令她感到害怕。

此外,有網友找到了疑似藍可兒本人的網志。該網志所貼出的諸多日志和一張自拍照,與藍可兒本人經歷和體態,均有極度相似之處。

此間星島日報引述疑似藍可兒的女孩在1月27日的日志裏寫道﹕“今晚準備出去,並希望一些意大利和墨西哥的跟蹤狂不要靠近自己。因為感到他們就像把我當作獵物一樣捕獲。”疑似藍可兒的人還提到,在當天遺失了手機。

在網際網路驚現疑似藍可兒微博的日志裏,當事人還提到一款流行的“喪屍求生遊戲”,而且也多次談及自己心情不好。

日志談到該遊戲中的一個情節就是,玩家從一個虛構城市的市區中一幢公寓頂樓經過下水道逃生。而藍可兒的屍體,就是本周較早時在洛杉磯一酒店樓頂水塔裏發現的

Google translate: (plus a little editing since Google picks up Elisa's name as "blue can children")

In addition, OMNI reporters another friend Amanda page can also be found on the Elisa's Facebook. Amanda February 7 pages, contained the allegedly Elisa send her postcards from Los Angeles. The postcard said some things that she was afraid.

In addition, users Elisa suspected can I blog. Many logs posted in the blog and a self-portrait, and Elisa I experienced and posture, have extreme similarities.

Here Sing Tao Daily quoted the suspected Elisa wrote: January 27 log "ready to go out tonight and hope that Italy and Mexico stalker Do not go near because they feel they like me as prey Like capture Elisa also mentioned, lost the phone that day.

Of suspected Elisa microblogging Internet Jingxian log, the parties also mentioned a popular zombie survival game ", but also repeatedly talked about his bad mood.

Log talked about episode of the game is that players from a fictional city urban an apartment on the top floor after the sewer escape. Elisa's corpse is in the water tower, the roof of a hotel in Los Angeles earlier this week found

Just to grind down on the video a bit more.

The second time she is in the elevator pushing all the central buttons, she is bent over more than the first time.

Lower and closer to the panel.

So that she can push the emergency button and speak into the speaker at the bottom of the panel.

And I think it's pretty clear that the other elevator is to the left of the camera.

Look at the foot movements at the end of the video.

If you were going to go left down the hall, you would lead with your left foot.

Instead she brings her right foot around to the left, which turns her body to face the other elevator.

To get in the other elevator which has finally arrived.

But, the police didn't say she was seen by security at the elevator, so I don't think security came up the other elevator. It just arrived because she pressed the hall elevator button.

And finally, whether it is the 14 or 15 floor, what was she doing there if she was staying in the 4 level "Stay"?

Without her glasses?

It's unbelievable that she went to the 14/15 floor in the other part of the hotel, without her glasses, to have a pee.

Or to go up to the roof to look at the view, without her glasses.

Regarding that mystery crush Elisa Lam mentioned on her tumblr blog about him wearing bowties and suspenders, playing the zombie game L4D (Left 4 Dead), playing a double bass and being a possible jazz musician...

Actually, never mind. Might of jumped the gun a little too early. I'm still combing through Elisa's tweets to find anything else significant that is related to this case.

I thought I found the real mystery crush Elisa was mentioning, but I may have been wrong since this person apparently is really famous and has over a million followers on twitter. This person apparently likes bow-ties, even tweeting "Bow ties are COOL" as re-tweeted by Elisa, and has zombies in his twitter profile backdrop though. Trying to be careful not to step over the lines after Bessie's warning.

By the way, did I forget to mention this twitter person I'm talking about also lives in Los Angeles as well?

Re: possibility of a broken neck, I think that would be included under visual signs of trauma, wouldn't it? If the quote is accurate, there were no signs of physical trauma.

I don't think she had much money, thus why she decided to lodge at Stay. The reviews for Stay are mixed, and not nearly as negative as the ones for Cecil. They mostly come from young travellers.

I also think it had to do with her age and free spirit. She probably thought it was a cool place to stay since it was so "edgy" and I can't imagine she could afford a room at the standard. Downtown LA has a few interesting spots that I imagine would attract someone like her, who was curious.

My understanding is that LE probably does know about her tumblr, and I hope has done a thorough search of her email, Facebook, tumblr messages, etc.

that "Mexico" stalker is disturbing....is there a first hand link to this source....as this is quoted from newspaper Sing Tao Daily.

And that would be definitely typical club behaviour.

What I want to know, is why is she in a club/bar by herself? While I would need confirmation from our psychologist members, I would see this as more of a break from societal norms. A loner by nature? Or did she go with someone, or meet someone there.

I usually don't like to speculate out of my area of expertise, but combine this with the L4D reference and social media usage, perhaps she met someone online and went to the club with them?

Her Tumblr makes multiple solicitations for "meet-ups" during her trip to California, and she is also proven to have met with a blogger she admired in Toronto. Elisa was certainly no stranger to meeting people from the Internet, so this is absolutely a better thread to follow than "why did the elevator stay open so long?" or "why did she press the buttons in that order?"

I do not really blame him for making them private. And perhaps he is how she heard about this place? Or she hoped to find him from there?

clucian, could you please edit your post to remove the name Pab** and the specific name of the group. The post you quoted was mod-snipped.

Thank you for your reply. Very intriguing the stuff about control level of the perp. It seems like minimal control for sure. I do believe she was feeling relatively safe at the beginning even taking time to look at buttons before pressing them. Also it seems the perp sneaks up on her at one point. So it's really the second time entering the lift that is odd. Why would a gunman allow her back into the elevator unless he is sure it won't move?

So what is the ruckus heard that night on the fourth floor? Do you think she was taken back to her room after the video?

I think the issue with an individual sneaking up on her, is that she is displaying a continuity of strange behaviour literally when she enters the elevator. The other thing to consider is, why exactly would the perp allow her to reenter from what I can remember, twice? Especially if we take into account that he/she never enters into view, which we can assume means he/she knows about the camera angle. If you were to assert compliance, and with a weapon, you'd do a hard grab and have her leave. The video wouldn't drag on for that long.

So lets then assume there was an individual, but no weapon. How are you going to assert compliance? Is he/she standing left or right? We see her gesturing right at one point, but the she walks left.

Nothing adds up when you take the entire context of the video. This is why I assert that we are looking at one individual throughout the whole video, that being Elisa.

I can't account for noises. But I have been around the world, and even in the best hotels, you have late night come and goers who make tons of noise. Now considering this wasn't in the best of what LA has to offer, can we not reasonable assume that it could have been a party goer throwing things around, a domestic dispute, etc? Sure, we can't rule out it wasn't Elisa, but we can't rule out anything else either.

There is that video of some people fooling around on the roof of the hotel. So it's possible she was invited on the roof to hangout (great view, drinking, etc.), but was killed there and put in the tank. Much more likely than being killed elsewhere and brought on the roof. Although if the elevator video is from late on the 31st, it would have had to have happened on that night.

She might have fallen from an elevated spot on the roof, and broke her neck, after someone did something to her there (sexual harassment/etc.). They then decided to hide the body in the tank?

As for the noise potentially in her room, it could be someone who took her keys and went in the room, searching for all her stuff to steal.

I like the last two paragraphs. Perhaps this is a complete accident and she was on the roof with someone. I don't think it explains why the person would go through the length they did to hide the body Unless worried someone knew they were together or could be suspect. As for someone robbing her room I don't buy that. The man said he was almost knocked out of bed by the sounds he heard. In a simple hotel room I couldn't imagine there being too much stuff to search especially if she was ready to check out soon. But you could be right, my theory is her phone and ID were flushed so maybe the perp was just extra loud throwing stuff around I dunno

To me the ruckus in my eyes was caused by a struggle, a fight, not a robbery alone.

Her Tumblr makes multiple solicitations for "meet-ups" during her trip to California, and she is also proven to have met with a blogger she admired in Toronto. Elisa was certainly no stranger to meeting people from the Internet, so this is absolutely a better thread to follow than "why did the elevator stay open so long?" or "why did she press the buttons in that order?"

Agreed. At the end of the day, the video speculation isn't going to help Elisa, simply because there is not enough to go on. If Santa Monica was the end goal, and LA was an unscheduled stop (at least to her parents), we can logically assume that someone or something of interest made her stop for that period of time.

Given your statement of internet meets, its I would strongly suggest she went to meet someone. The problem there is, who is the POI? The person she met online, or a person she met while roaming around LA?

Also, didn't it say somewhere that she had a possible seizure disorder? If that were the case, effexor and wellbutrin would both be contraindicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11