Identified! CA - Cauc or Hisp Female, 30-50, (Vineyard), Arvin, Kern Co, Mar'11 - Ada Beth Kaplan

Yes i forgot to add that while certainly breast cancer/brca gene is prevalent among any human population, endogamy made it pretty common among Ashkenazi Jewish ladies. KcJD2011 had breast cancer surgery.

Also very interesting in relation to this case. Little known by many, breast cancer risk startlingly high for Jewish community | MinnPost

Rabbi Marcia Zimmerman of Temple Israel in Minneapolis is working to raise consciousness among Ashkenazi Jewish women about their increased risk of developing breast cancer.

I wish I could give her and Jonesport JD their names back and that they can get a jewish burial, even if they were not jewishly observant. I am jewish, too and my heart aches for them.
But so far had no luck finding possible matches in any database...

I wish I could give her and Jonesport JD their names back and that they can get a jewish burial, even if they were not jewishly observant. I am jewish, too and my heart aches for them.
But so far had no luck finding possible matches in any database...
Her highest match on FTDNA is 169,2 cM, two times higher than on Gedmatch

I hope both can get their names back soon and a decent burial. Ashkenazi genetics are very endogamous and thus really tricky to work with if you do not have really close matches. 100 cm for an endogamous population is normally not enough for an ID, but lets hope for the best.
Her FtDNA is way better.

The way she was so brutally murdered and then posed in a sexual position makes me think of some sort of ritualistic murder, hate crime or emotional overkill... someone obviously wanted to humiliate her in the worst manner possible... and she apparently had nobody to look for her, so either a family member did it (covering her identity up by removing fingers, head and other identifiers would point towards that) or she was estranged from any family. Also she likely was estranged from any jewish community as from personal experience, jewish communities, regardless of denomination, are very active in searching and reaching out if a member disappears.

I wonder whether her abdominal scar is really a csection scar or a hysterectomy/oophorectomy scar due to cancer... breast cancer often goes together with ovarian and uterine cancer, especially among Ashkenazi women and hysterectomy is routinely performed.
If it was indeed a csection, there must be a child wondering what happened to their mom.

Having her bleed out is actually a quite lengthy process and very very messy. Takes a few hours. She was not killed on site but someone went great lengths to prepare her body by bleeding her out, conceal her identity and then dump her in a wineyard in an obviously humiliating sexually explicit position. That was not a random murder but whoever did it executed her and prepared her like a piece of meat... you let meat bleed out... it gets more gruesome the more i think about...
Really, imho someone very close to her did it. It is not about simply murdering, but humiliation. Partner, child, business partner...
And the murderer going greath lengths to conceal her identity means to me that the moment we know her name, we will also know her killer.

That is an excellent match. Timeline matches, location matches, breat cancer surgery matches, circumstances match (dismemberment and overkill killing by husband). And her maiden name Litoff is an Ashkenazi surname.
Only thing is the height is quite off. And surely the husband should remember where he dumped her. He said he burned her in a campground. He fully admitted the murder.

I checked more into that case. He beheaded and dismembered her and claimed he burned her remains in a campground at Lake Piru. LE found some bone fragments in the fire pit. But I doubt that you can completely burn larger body parts in a firepit, it does not create enough heat. He may have burnt the hands and head in the pit and dumped the torso in the vineyard. He claims he kept her body in a freezer for several days and then drove to the national park to burn her
He also made lots of contradicting and erratic statements.
Supposedly she refused sexual intercourse for a decade due to various health conditions and he became obsessed with sexworkers and angry at her. Not the best excuse imho but that is what he said.
It would explain she was posed in a sexually explicit manner...
It is a definite possibility our UID is her.

Checked back on the case. They had no children. Anyhow, i suspect the "csection" scar was a hysterectomy scar or an oophorectomy scar due to cancer. She was so decomposed that it was probably hard to tell.

After checking family trees, I am pretty certain she was Jewish. But had no ties to any Jewish community. Which would also explain why nobody in the big Jewish communities of the LA area is missing her. Her husband was not Jewish.

The path to Arvin has a convenient stop to offload anything necessary...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-221319_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-221319_Maps.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 13
Correct. It is very close and convenient. Everything would fit in with Marcia except for the height (Marcia 5'10", UID 5'1"), but that may be a database error if the 0 was left out or added.
Weight is also off, but that has a huge margin of error, especially with decomposed remains and she may have lost weight

Correct. It is very close and convenient. Everything would fit in with Marcia except for the height (Marcia 5'10", UID 5'1"), but that may be a database error if the 0 was left out or added.
Weight is also off, but that has a huge margin of error, especially with decomposed remains and she may have lost weight
If you would like, you can submit her to the DDP via facebook message/email, they can check Marcia’s family tree and compare it to our Jane Doe family tree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back