CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE may not have any evidence he left BB, but he was prepared. IMO, he always planned to blow up the truck - therefore he had another vehicle secreted somewhere & he dragged his guns and stuff to it & fled to parts unknown, since the truck would be detected and that blew his plan to attack LE in BB. Just a thought.
Regarding the truck, I'm not so sure. Hubby & I think he was hot-dogging it off-roading (it was a forest service road) and that's how he broke his axle. He had a full-size 4WD pickup, not easy to do. Now that his truck axle was broken, he destroyed it so LE wouldn't get those weapons.:twocents:
Also, if he had another vehicle, wouldn't he have taken out his camping gear???

I was at a Starbucks in Thousand Oaks this morning and had coffee with a friend who has a relative in Thousand Oaks PD. They are on high alert there too because CD has ties with the city and he ranted about one of his professors when he went to school there.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that the TO Police officers were told not to be sitting ducks. They are to KEEP MOVING at all times. They are not to sit in their patrol cars, as they often do, watching traffic. They are to keep moving so they cannot be the victims of a sniper as easily. That is sad to think about.

Yeah, but his most likely "trigger" (hate to use that term in this instance), was his discharge from the navy on Friday. It wasn't by his choice. That's what set him off.

He was "discharged" from active duty because his unit demobilized (since returning from the war zone). I know the media said that he was discharged from the Navy - there's a big difference in being discharged from the Navy and being discharged (as a reservist) from active duty.

Either way, he would've had advanced notice of his discharge. That doesn't happen quickly - especially for an officer. I don't think that's his "trigger" (not the best term, I agree).

I hope he freezes to death, cold and alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping his weapons freeze in the cold weather and are inoperable. Probably guns don't freeze...but I can hope!

He was "discharged" from active duty because his unit demobilized (since returning from the war zone). I know the media said that he was discharged from the Navy - there's a big difference in being discharged from the Navy and being discharged (as a reservist) from active duty.

Either way, he would've had advanced notice of his discharge. That doesn't happen quickly - especially for an officer. I don't think that's his "trigger" (not the best term, I agree).

I don't think so either. That just happened recently and this situation has been in the making for awhile.

It is interesting that a cot and campstove were found in his truck, he must have intended on holing up somewhere with no furniture or electricity, a abandoned cabin, a barn , a cave? I'll bet he had a specific place in mind. So when his truck breaks, does he continue on foot to his hideaway,carrying whatever he can? or does he change plans and try to flee the mountain before LE get there? Given that theres been no proven sightings of him anywhere else in a couple days, I think he could very well have found a hiding spot on the mountain that LE hasn't found.

Dorner Search to Suspend at Nightfall Until Morning
Posted on 02/09/2013 Written by VANESSA FINNEY

Big Bear Lake, CA, February 9, 2013 – A San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson updated KBHR at 3pm Saturday on the search for murder suspect Christopher Dorner.

Today’s search resumed at 7:00 a.m. in the Big Bear area and will stop at nightfall. Approximately 50 law enforcement officers are searching the forest and checking door-to-door for signs of the fugitive. There are also two helicopters and several extra patrol units assisting efforts. The search will resume Sunday morning, if necessary.

A press release from the office of Sheriff-Coroner John McMahon stated that today’s activities yielded no additional information, and that updates will be released as available.

http://kbhr933.com/current-news/dorner-search-suspend-nightfall-morning020913/

Attention Please!

I thought you more seasoned peeps knew better than to discuss scanner chatter in the open forum! :nono: You've just made work for the mods, because now we have to go though and delete all posts related to such.

Please keep all scanner discussion in the proper forum.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

TIA
fran

Sorry, Fran! I just cleaned up my own boo-boos for you! :blushing:

I don't think so either. That just happened recently and this situation has been in the making for awhile.

He blames all of it on LAPD, including his lack of a family and discharge from the Navy.

It is interesting that a cot and campstove were found in his truck, he must have intended on holing up somewhere with no furniture or electricity, a abandoned cabin, a barn , a cave? I'll bet he had a specific place in mind. So when his truck breaks, does he continue on foot to his hideaway,carrying whatever he can? or does he change plans and try to flee the mountain before LE get there? Given that theres been no proven sightings of him anywhere else in a couple days, I think he could very well have found a hiding spot on the mountain that LE hasn't found.

Since this was planned in advance maybe he had come there before and had already found and prepared a hiding place....it could already be stocked with what he needs....

I hope he is found and stopped before any more LE or innocents are hurt or killed!

Well, it looks like we're going to be around this case for awhile. I've opened a new thread to continue the discussion here:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8835086#post8835086"]ACTIVE SEARCH MANHUNT! Calif. college basketball coach, fiance found dead #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'll leave this thread open for a few minutes to let you finish any post you may be in the middle of, but then I'll lock it and ask you to move to thread 2.

tia
fran
:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics