Still Missing CA - Classic (Orson West, 3) & Cincere (Orrin West, 4) Calif. City, *parents charged* 21 Dec 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge hears motion to bar Cal City toddlers’ adoptive parents from visiting their other kids

A Kern County judge heard a motion Tuesday in the murder case of two California City toddlers’ adoptive parents which sought to prevent the couple from contacting their biological and adopted children.

Trezell, 35, and Jacqueline West, 32, have pleaded not guilty to two felony charges of second-degree murder, two felony charges of willful cruelty to a child and a misdemeanor charge of falsely reporting an emergency in the deaths of adoptive children Orson, 3, and Orrin West, 4.

<modsnip - 10% copyright rule>

Last edited by a moderator:
From the link:

Removing a child from a parent’s custody and then determining the fitness of a parent is a long process, Slagle wrote in the email.

Those legally authorized to remove children include law enforcement and child protective services agencies, Slagle wrote at the time. After the removal, several court hearings ensue and each parent and child are provided with attorneys, she added.

A court must decide if reasonable cause exists to place a child into “protective custody.” A foster parent, or an approved relative, can receive the child, she wrote. Throughout the hearing process, the parent is given a “case plan” to follow, asked to continually visit their child and take classes that may address why the child was removed for safety reasons, Slagle previously wrote.

“For example, if a child was being physically abused, the parent would need to attend court-ordered classes to help him (or) her learn new ways to parent and possibly attend anger management, or substance abuse prevention classes,” Slagle wrote, not commenting directly on the West case.
^^rsbbm

Newslink is a good summary that also serves as confirmation on how bio parents lose custody of their children. It does not happen in a vacuum. It's a long process and generally takes about two years to lose permanent custody of your child.

To be clear, the system also allows for a valid reason why there was a break in the court-ordered "case plan" including relapse but if the parent consistently fails to put their child ahead of addiction, the child's needs can't and won't be delayed.

Judge hears motion to bar Cal City toddlers’ adoptive parents from visiting their other kids

A Kern County judge heard a motion Tuesday in the murder case of two California City toddlers’ adoptive parents which sought to prevent the couple from contacting their biological and adopted children.

Trezell, 35, and Jacqueline West, 32, have pleaded not guilty to two felony charges of second-degree murder, two felony charges of willful cruelty to a child and a misdemeanor charge of falsely reporting an emergency in the deaths of adoptive children Orson, 3, and Orrin West, 4.

<modsnip - 10% copyright rule>

“These visits were monitored,” has very broad Interpretations. I personally have been through monitored phone and in-person visits. It ranges from hovering ears to “shout if you need help” most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Kern County judge granted a motion Tuesday in the murder case of two California City brothers’ adoptive parents which prohibits the defendants from visiting their other children, a Kern County Superior Court spokeswoman confirmed to The Californian on Wednesday

Judge grants motion to prohibit Cal City brothers' adoptive parents from visiting their other children
Kudos to the Judge. I wouldn’t let these two “parents” have visitation with a gold fish, let alone children.

amateur opinion and speculation

“These visits were monitored,” has very broad Interpretations. I personally have been through monitored phone and in-person visits. It ranges from hovering ears to “shout if you need help” most of the time.

Truth. I worked at a "visitation" house in college. My job was to manage parents visiting kids, often 3 or 4 families at a time, in different rooms, with the doors open. That was considered "monitoring". It wasn't like I watched them every second.

Adoptive parents killed California brothers Orrin and Orson West months before reporting them missing, DA says

Interesting article, states that the boys had been killed months earlier than when they were reported missing. More information than we have seen.

We learned the same from the presser after the arrest of the suspects.

Seems to me that the last proof of life was three months prior to the missing child report. But based on the charges, I don't think authorities have any forensic evidence at this time.

From the link:

"This morning I'm saddened to announce that the investigation has revealed that Orrin and Orson West are deceased," Kern County District Attorney Cynthia Zimmer said at a press conference Wednesday. "The investigation has also revealed that they died three months before their adoptive parents reported them missing."

I hope the visitations were closely monitored in case they were coaching the kids on what to say and what not to say. IMO, it's good the visitations have been stopped, even though they are innocent until proven guilty, to preserve testimony or evidence from the kids.

I hope the visitations were closely monitored in case they were coaching the kids on what to say and what not to say. IMO, it's good the visitations have been stopped, even though they are innocent until proven guilty, to preserve testimony or evidence from the kids.
The best Court decision ever.

Fortunately, the Judge had probable cause to back his decision that no contact was in the best interest of these children. Charged with dual murders of two children is a good indication of being unfit for visitation -- monitored or not.

Any inkling on what actually happened?
I think that will come out at trial, and will be largely based on statements documented from the other children, and the experts who interviewed them. Of course, unless, one of the two "parents" rats on the other. So far, they are sticking to their narrative. Let's see how long that lasts when reality sinks in.

Amateur opinion and speculation

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) — Sixteen months have passed since toddlers Orrin and Orson West were first reported missing. Last month, adoptive parents Trazell and Jacqueline West were arrested on murder charges. Now, the boys' biological mother and maternal grandmother are demanding $40 million in damages from the county.

They sent a claim to the Board of Supervisors, and it is expected to be reviewed at their next meeting on Tuesday during their closed session.

More at Orrin and Orson West's biological mother, grandmother seek $40 million from county

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) — Sixteen months have passed since toddlers Orrin and Orson West were first reported missing. Last month, adoptive parents Trazell and Jacqueline West were arrested on murder charges. Now, the boys' biological mother and maternal grandmother are demanding $40 million in damages from the county.

They sent a claim to the Board of Supervisors, and it is expected to be reviewed at their next meeting on Tuesday during their closed session.

More at Orrin and Orson West's biological mother, grandmother seek $40 million from county
Yeah, um, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member