Still Missing CA - Classic (Orson West, 3) & Cincere (Orrin West, 4) Calif. City, *parents charged* 21 Dec 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAR 30, 2023
With sharp questions about information missing from a key police report, a defense attorney sowed doubt Thursday about a California City police officer’s investigation of the December 2020 disappearance of two toddlers.

[...]

Hansen had maintained there were two houses with video cameras to review, according to testimony. But, Hansen testified, there are actually three videos.

“So were you lying to court on March 9, 2023 or are you lying to the jury now?” Torres Stallings asked.

“Neither,” Hansen responded.

Hansen also testified he didn’t seize “small fingerprints” seen on a glass sliding door leading to a backyard in the Wests’ home. When he interviewed Wests’ children to corroborate their parents’ statements, Hansen testified he doesn’t have formalized training to interview children or children with special needs, and that he didn’t contact Child Protective Services to ask whether the Wests’ children have special needs.

[...]

Hansen also testified previously there were no dirty diapers in Wests’ home, which led him to believe Orrin and Orson never lived in California City. But Torres Stallings showed a picture of a diaper in the trash that was taken by another officer on Dec. 29, 2020.

Hansen testified he didn’t see the diaper.

Previously, Hansen testified the lack of children’s snacks, sippy cups and toothbrushes covered in dust also led him to believe Orrin and Orson didn’t live at California City and that both adoptive parents were lying.

But Torres Stallings showed the jury photos of stockings for Orrin and Orson, presents with the toddlers’ names on them and toys for the boys.

[...]

IMO, find the diaper and prove the DNA is not O or O and eliminate any doubt, period. The burden sits solely on the prosecution to prove their case and always has.

Right. But someone earlier stated that brings up "reasonable doubt". Not to me. That is meaningless to me. And completely irrelevant. There is no proof that belonged to the boys.

Right. But someone earlier stated that brings up "reasonable doubt". Not to me. That is meaningless to me. And completely irrelevant. There is no proof that belonged to the boys.
Except the prosecution is trying to sell that the boys never arrived (alive) in CA City and were deceased before they purchased the house. However, now they have a diaper and there was already evidence SAR dogs made hits for the boys at the house.

Seems to me they are putting a lot on the testimony of the other West children to prove the state's theory. And in the land of OJ, they only need one juror to disagree. JMO

From the article:

[...]

He checked the backyard — where the Wests said the children had been playing — and saw no prints made by a child’s shoe, Officer Brian Hansen testified. There was a shoeprint that appeared to made from a sandal, nothing else.

Hansen, after finding no evidence of children wandering away from the home on Aspen Avenue, again spoke to the Wests.

“This is not a normal situation,” Hansen says in a body-worn camera video that was played in court Tuesday. “These kids didn’t just walk away.”

He told the Wests to tell him the truth.

Trezell West stuck to what he initially told police ... He made reference to the boys being Black and how that was impacting the police response.

[...]

“This is not a normal situation,” Hansen says in a body-worn camera video that was played in court Tuesday. “These kids didn’t just walk away.”

He told the Wests to tell him the truth.

Trezell West stuck to what he initially told police ... He made reference to the boys being Black and how that was impacting the police response."

It is disgusting the way he is immediately using the fake race card, pretending like LE isn't looking for missing children because they are black. I hope it's not lost on the jurors.

Just checking in to Websleuths to see if anyone else feels the prosecution's case is weak after listening to the first few days of the West trial . . . Having no body cam footage of the initial contact with the Wests, the search of their house, and the yard that night, was such a huge mistake . . . and Officer Hansen's excuse: "the body cameras turn off and on by themselves" . . . (what?) . . .

Except the prosecution is trying to sell that the boys never arrived (alive) in CA City and were deceased before they purchased the house. However, now they have a diaper and there was already evidence SAR dogs made hits for the boys at the house.

Seems to me they are putting a lot on the testimony of the other West children to prove the state's theory. And in the land of OJ, they only need one juror to disagree. JMO

Shoot. I was hoping that the prosecution has more than testimony of children. Cell phone records, something...

Just checking in to Websleuths to see if anyone else feels the prosecution's case is weak after listening to the first few days of the West trial . . . Having no body cam footage of the initial contact with the Wests, the search of their house, and the yard that night, was such a huge mistake . . . and Officer Hansen's excuse: "the body cameras turn off and on by themselves" . . . (what?) . . .
Granted, Hansen's testimony was far from stellar. And, the wasn't the only one yesterday who caused me concern. Plantz admitted trouble with eyesight, that her memory wasn't good, that she had given interviews, and never saw any animals at the West home.

But these are foundational witnesses and this trial is just getting started. The jury is going to hear from the children, DHS, and likely many more law enforcement officers. It has been reported that they will visit the Cal City home, a location in Bakersfield, and there's more video coming. IIRC, the judge said the next witness will be accompanied by an hour-long video.

So, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the prosecution's case is weak. They didn't prepare these witnesses well but It's still early and there's a lot more to come. MOO

ETA:

The trial of Trezell and Jacqueline West: What to expect

Day 3 of murder trial for missing boys: Defense questioning police practices

The judge said the next witness on the stand will be accompanied by over an hour of video.

Last edited:
There is another possible explanation for that diaper which wasn't in the house initally, but showed up days later. AV news crew has a Youtube video of JW's MOM arriving at the Cal City house and entering it. She has several toddlers in tow. That diaper could belong to one of those children, MOO.

There was a diaper but was that diaper tied to Orrin or Orsin ? No, it was not. Were the scents tied to Orrin or Orsin ? No, they were not. I always said from the beginning that unless whatever item the parents gave detectives and said "here is Orrin and Orsin's clothes" is meaningless unless that item was tested for dna. We don't know what was given to the search dogs or who it belonged to.

It's not just the West kids who hadn't seen Orrin or Orsin. Neither grandmother had seen them in months. Trezell tried to gaslight his own mother that the kids were in the van when she did not see them at all. I'm looking forward to her testimony.

I've been thinking about JW's attorney asking the CCPD officer if he checked whether or not any of the kids were special needs before he interviewed them. I wonder if the defense will provide evidence of the kids being special needs to try to discredit them ? I think that will be a problem for them since TW said in his interview that the eldest (who provided more detailed information) was a genius.

Granted, Hansen's testimony was far from stellar. And, the wasn't the only one yesterday who caused me concern. Plantz admitted trouble with eyesight, that her memory wasn't good, that she had given interviews, and never saw any animals at the West home.

But these are foundational witnesses and this trial is just getting started. The jury is going to hear from the children, DHS, and likely many more law enforcement officers. It has been reported that they will visit the Cal City home, a location in Bakersfield, and there's more video coming. IIRC, the judge said the next witness will be accompanied by an hour-long video.

So, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the prosecution's case is weak. They didn't prepare these witnesses well but It's still early and there's a lot more to come. MOO

ETA:

The trial of Trezell and Jacqueline West: What to expect

Day 3 of murder trial for missing boys: Defense questioning police practices

The judge said the next witness on the stand will be accompanied by over an hour of video.
Agree PM
Let's keep the faith that the prosecution hasn't made that much investment into cleaning up the initial first responders testimonies and their blunders because there is compelling evidence from the official investigation (yet to start) and this weak stuff won't matter.
:)

I would like to speculate what actually may have happened to O & O, I think possibly, they were drugged, and "Zanny the Nanny" OD.

At least, I am hoping it was quick, painless, and not deliberate.
Yeah; I agree on both points.

A "take this and sleep for a while" thing that went out of control is probably the most sympathetic situation possible.

I'll bet they were a handful. The older one looks like he's just at the stage to be ready to try to take over the world.

I'm sure the six kids together seemed like thirty-six, and maybe they really needed more hands on deck helping every day?

I also can't help but wonder if this would've been prevented by sending the kids to school to give the parents time to regroup and de-stress.

I'm generally an advocate of homeschooling as I did it myself once for a couple of years, but I know just how exhausting it is when you never have that daily break from the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer