CA CA - Corinne Groenenberg, 14, Modesto, 1 Nov 1973

does it strike anybody else as weird that someone saw her walking from her home to the highway and get into a truck? was the witness following her? I feel the witness might deserve some more attention in this case. Poor girl.
She was followed by a family friend.

The Doe Network:
Case File 863DFCA

[FONT=&amp]
CGroenenberg.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Corinne June Groenenberg
Missing since November 1, 1973 from Modesto, Stanislaus County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Vital Statistics[/FONT]

• [*]Date Of Birth: October 14, 1957
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 115 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
    [*]Marks, Scars: Strawberry birthmark on back, surgical scar on abdomen.
    [*]Dentals: Available
  • DNA: Available

[FONT=&amp]Circumstances of Disappearance
A family friend saw Groenenberg leave her home and followed her until she reached the highway and started to hitchhike.
She was last seen getting into a green or blue truck. The driver was male.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Modesto Police Department
209-572-9532
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Agency Case Number:
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]NCIC Number: M-378718501
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Source Information:
CA DOJ
Modesto Police

Doe Network link case
The Doe Network: Case File 863DFCA

[/FONT]
Note that DoeNetwork's age is wrong. She was 14.

Corinne June Groenenberg
  • corinne_june_groenenberg_1.jpg
Corinne, circa 1973

• Missing Since11/01/1973
  • Missing FromModesto, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth10/04/1959 (59)
  • Age14 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 115 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Corinne has a surgical scar on her abdomen and a strawberry-type birthmark on her back. Some agencies give her first name as Connie.
Details of Disappearance
Corinne departed from her family's residence in the Modesto, California area on November 1, 1973. A friend told authorities that Corinne walked to the highway and began hitchhiking shortly afterwards. The friend saw Corinne enter a blue or green truck with an unidentified male driver. Corinne has never been heard from again.

Corinne's family moved from southern California to the Modesto area several weeks prior to her disappearance. Her mother was diagnosed with scleroderma, a tissue disease, shortly after Corinne vanished. Her parents were forced to move as a result of her mother's condition.

Corinne's parents have continued to own her childhood home. Her mother said that they hoped Corinne might return to see her former residence. Her case remains unsolved.

I also wonder which highway we are talking about. The CA 99? Or was there also a connection with the I5, if they even were there at that time age. To answer my own question:

"This north–south central highway (CA 99) became part of US 99 in 1926, as part of the new United States Numbered Highway System developed by the American Association of State Highway Officials (AASHO), though signs were not posted in California until 1928"

She came from south California before moving to the Modesto area. She could have tried to hitchhike back there, but that is pure speculation. I wonder in what city the family lived before they moved to Modesto (area). It's very confusing the whole geographic history in her missing file....things just don't add up?

Maybe it's somewhere up the thread, but what was her address when she went missing?

November 1, 1973 was a Thursday. I wonder if Corinne went to school that day.

Good question Lavender Moon. I wonder what time she left her home, why is this information not available. Where were her parents that day. Maybe it was a school day and she decided to skip class. It would also be interesting to know on what site of the road she went into the truck...Northbound or Southbound. Somebody (a family friend) saw her get into a truck, so this information could be available somewhere.

The 46th anniversary of Corrine's disappearance passed recently.

Like in many cases from "the old days" there are years past by. So sad that people who possibly could add information to the story first hand are not longer there. There is zo little known about the lives of this missing women and girls...no situational background....what made them tick. I hope there is DNA on file for Corinne, so there could be an identification in the future.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back