Missing Since: August 30, 2001 from San Fransisco, California
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: September 14th 1977
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Weiss wears eyeglasses.

Details of Disappearance:
Weiss was last seen in San Francisco, California on August 30, 2001.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
San Francisco Police Department
415-553-0123

---------------------------------------

Some MP sites state he went missing on August 30, 2001, others state September 30, 2001 as the date he was last seen.

Can we find out the identity of the person that made the original Missing Report to LE?

I mean... It must be someone who knows his date of birth, height, weight, etc...

I wonder if he would be found in any high school year books in San Fransisco...

I know... I know... ... Finding the correct high school would be a needle in a haystack..:sigh:

Can we find out the identity of the person that made the original Missing Report to LE?

I mean... It must be someone who knows his date of birth, height, weight, etc...

I wonder if he would be found in any high school year books in San Fransisco...

I know... I know... ... Finding the correct high school would be a needle in a haystack..:sigh:

He's not originally from San Francisco, but from Hammond Indiana. The high school closest to his Hammond address is Morton High School (the one in Hammond not the one in Morton) - but the yearbooks for the relevant years aren't available online.

Dear Websleuths Community,

Thank you for all the work you've done here. I was moved to see such attention and care devoted by people who didn't even know Cory, and it reminded me of my own initial efforts to find out what happened to him. I was very close to him and was in sporadic contact with him in the months before his disappearance. I can confirm much of what you uncovered. Sadly, I can also confirm several of the suspicions you had: It is presumed that he committed suicide; no body was found, but personal belongings were found by a bridge (and, I believe, a note; I've gotten this part second-hand). Also correct was the hunch that his parents have been very private about this and that there has been no public acknowledgement. As such, I advise you not to contact them.

I'd also like to add a few words about him as a person (I've wanted to do so for years, but didn't out of respect for his parents' apparent wish for privacy, but this has shown me the need for a public, online acknowledgement, and ideally one that people wondering about him him can find). He may have had a small online footprint, but he left a big impression on many people's lives. He went to the University of Chicago Laboratory School and graduated from high school there in 1995. He was gregarious, intelligent, and popular, and he had an offbeat sense of humor. He loved music, especially jazz, and he appreciated calculus at an emotional and aesthetic level.

If you have more questions, I'd be willing to answer them.

Thank you for all the work you've done here. I was moved to see such attention and care devoted by people who didn't even know Cory, and it reminded me of my own initial efforts to find out what happened to him. I was very close to him and was in sporadic contact with him in the months before his disappearance. I can confirm much of what you uncovered. Sadly, I can also confirm several of the suspicions you had: It is presumed that he committed suicide; no body was found, but personal belongings were found by a bridge (and, I believe, a note; I've gotten this part second-hand). Also correct was the hunch that his parents have been very private about this and that there has been no public acknowledgement. As such, I advise you not to contact them.

I'd also like to add a few words about him as a person (I've wanted to do so for years, but didn't out of respect for his parents' apparent wish for privacy, but this has shown me the need for a public, online acknowledgement, and ideally one that people wondering about him him can find). He may have had a small online footprint, but he left a big impression on many people's lives. He went to the University of Chicago Laboratory School and graduated from high school there in 1995. He was gregarious, intelligent, and popular, and he had an offbeat sense of humor. He loved music, especially jazz, and he appreciated calculus at an emotional and aesthetic level.

Thank you for this, and thank you for caring, He sounded like a wonderful young man, Out of respect, My sleuthing on this young man has stopped. Thanks again and God bless you!

Thanks a lot, Penman! I'm really moved by your post. Cory sounded like a great young man. So sad he decided to leave this world way too soon.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread! So many people caring and trying to help find information and answers.

RIP Cory.

Thank you Penman for taking the time to inform us of your knowledge about Cory. Sad as it is to hear, at least we have an end to the questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was so gracious of you, Penman. Cory sounds like he was an extraordinary person and he was also lucky to have a caring person like you as a friend.
It tugged at my heart to see this young guy without a human story attached to him, so thank you for painting a fuller picture of Cory for us.
I really hope his family hasn't been too upset by the thread if they have seen it. I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that we all only meant well.
As you've said, hopefully friends who don't know what happened to him maybe can get some closure from this, as he clearly is very missed.
Thanks again Penman, and I hope you're doing well <3

PS
Penman, if you don't mind me asking, who were some of Cory's favorite jazz musicians/favorite songs? I'm a jazz lover myself, as was thinking maybe we can all listen to a song or two in honor of Cory?

so it is assumed he took his own life but a body has never been recovered?

If you don't mind me asking, Penman, did he leave a goodbye note and which bridge did he supposedly choose?

Thanks for posting the link to that song. I'm so glad we have much more information now than just the few details and that one picture of him.

If you don't mind me asking, Penman, did he leave a goodbye note and which bridge did he supposedly choose?

Thanks for posting the link to that song. I'm so glad we have much more information now than just the few details and that one picture of him.

In Penman's post he says he heard second-hand that Cory left a note

Oh, I'm sorry, I remember it now that you're telling me, leilarose. Thanks. Kind of confused today.

Thank you, Penman -- what a touching salute to your friend. I appreciate your posting here -- and I certainly hope this thread has not brought any further pain to Cory's family.

Long shot but Time frame matches, and in 2001 it was extremely easy to get into Canada. There is no real information on the unidentified person , but he is well taken care of so would be very odd for someone not to be looking for him. height and age slightly off as well but difficult to gauge that. https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2005003899&id=23
Even though it's presumed that Cory committed suicide by drowning, anything is possible. He could have had second thoughts and taken off. Still, the age and height are pretty far off. Age can be tough to gauge, but the 6-inch-plus height discrepancy has to be a deal breaker unless one of the entries is erroneous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back