CA CA - Dami Kim, 39, toy poodle also missing, San Mateo, 19 July 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Authorities are investigating the disappearance of a woman, the San Mateo Police Department said in a press release on Thursday.

Dami Kim, 39, was last in contact with a friend on July 12 when she and her dog were last seen near Bridgepointe Apartments located at 2201 Bridgepointe Parkway. Kim was officially reported missing on July 19.

Kim is a Korean woman who is 5-foot-2 and approximately 105 pounds, SMPD said. She has black hair and brown eyes. Kim lived in Orange County and the Los Angeles area before moving to San Mateo.

Kim-2.jpg

thumbnail_Kim.jpg
(San Mateo Police Department)
The circumstances around Kim’s disappearance are unknown at this time. Her dog, a tan toy poodle named Curry (pictured below), is still missing, SMPD said.

thumbnail_Curry1-1.jpg
(San Mateo Police Department)
Police said anyone with information related to this investigation is encouraged to contact SMPD Detective Lazaro at 650-522-7661 or by email at mlazaro@cityofsanmateo.org. Anonymous tips can be submitted to http://tinyurl.com/SMPDTips or by calling 650-522-7676.

Bridgepointe is a shopping /residential area right off 92 east towards the San Mateo bridge east which heads into Hayward (no toll.) 92 west heads into the sleepy beach town of Half Moon Bay. If she's been taken my money is heading east.

No details. Nothing? There are little or no green/brush area in the proximity, and there are new housing and old businesses there but all should have cameras by now.

I haven't heard this until today and I'm about 15min away.

Any exes? Recent dates online?
Oh how I wish these new apps kept record of such things on their home laptops....

Last edited:
It's been almost a month since San mateo police tweeted about her disappearance. I am shocked there is no public call for help by family or friends. I am familiar with this area where she went missing and it's a well populated area sure to have cameras and the silence about this case is deafening.

AUG 18, 2023
  • Dami was reported missing on July 19 after contacting a friend on July 12 in San Mateo.
  • Kim and her tan toy poodle named Curry, were last seen near the Bridgepointe Apartments at about 9:30 p.m. on July 12.
  • She previously lived in Orange County and the Los Angeles area before moving to San Mateo.

It's been almost three months... odd that there has been almost no statements from family and friends- but it's also odd that the dog is missing too? She lives about 15min away and I've seen no canvassing or flyers or mention of her disappearance other than back in August, once, in a local news report.

Every day seems to put her farther & farther away -- not necessarily in miles. This one is tuff, scary & sad.
Certainly hoping she (and her dog) are okay and happy. SMH.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A bit about San Mateo, CA - -
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
San Mateo (Spanish for 'Saint Matthew') (/ˌsæn məˈteɪoʊ/ SAN mə-TAY-oh) is a city in San Mateo County, California, United States, on the San Francisco Peninsula. About 20 miles (32 km) south of San Francisco, the city borders Burlingame to the north, Hillsborough to the west, San Francisco Bay and Foster City to the east and Belmont to the south. The population was 105,661 at the 2020 census.[6]

NamUs profile is still active.
It is. But is it up to date, factually?

I know this other profile, she was found deceased, but namus has her as still missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back