CA CA - Derek Seehausen, 26, USC med student, Glendale, 5 Aug 2014

Bumping for Derek. The Find Derek FB page has no updates. The actual website his friend set up has gone silent and cold. UGH. I am so puzzled by these cases where an amazing individual like Derek ( tri-athlete, medical school, top of class, etc...) drop off the face of the earth! Sad to add that this case feels eerily like the even more puzzling Teleka Patrickcase. Darn! ANY sightings? Tips?

Bumping for Derek. The Find Derek FB page has no updates. The actual website his friend set up has gone silent and cold. UGH. I am so puzzled by these cases where an amazing individual like Derek ( tri-athlete, medical school, top of class, etc...) drop off the face of the earth! Sad to add that this case feels eerily like the even more puzzling Teleka Patrickcase. Darn! ANY sightings? Tips?

From what I gather, this is currently a case of uncertainty...as in, Derek's family and friends can't be certain if he is alive and well somewhere out there, but I am certain that they hope he is.

I am not aware of any "new news."

My kids surf down in Cardiff-by-the-Sea ( Encinitas area of San Diego where Derek was last "sighted"...and a place he loved) and every time we head down there ( only 45 minutes south so we go a lot) I look around. Not easy to blend in there though...Beautiful town, high end stores,markets,and coffee shops, seems everyone is wearing work out gear and or surfing. So...bottom line: Little to no homeless persons anywhere. I cannot stop thinking about this story. Like the Teleka Patrick case...Brilliant and missing is a loss for everyone! :thinking:

Hi everyone, I've been following Derek's case a while and just have some random thoughts on this. Everything seems to have been normal with Derek in the days and hours leading up to his disappearance, and then he vanishes after a late night snack run. Seems like a sudden act to leave. I'm wondering if there could have been an accident? In other words, could he have hit his head and become confused? What was the condition of his residence, any sign of a fall etc? Could he have just gone out for a walk around the block for air and been mugged etc, hit his head, and was left with amnesia (as I look into more m/p cases, this is not that uncommon...)? Was he an insomniac, or prone to sleepwalking? Thoughts?

Don't forget how he withdrew a specific amount of money from an ATM...the EXACT amount a friend lent him for medical school ...and dropped it off before he disappeared. That factor points to "checking out for awhile" don't you think? Also the Find Derek website states his wallet,keys to his car,etc...were still neatly stacked on his desk at home...yet he left w his backpack. Odd details when processed together. ������

:thinking:Don't forget how he withdrew a specific amount of money from an ATM...the EXACT amount a friend lent him for medical school ...and dropped it off before he disappeared. That factor points to "checking out for awhile" don't you think? Also the Find Derek website states his wallet,keys to his car,etc...were still neatly stacked on his desk at home...yet he left w his backpack. Odd details when processed together. 😿😿😿

:thinking:Don't forget how he withdrew a specific amount of money from an ATM...the EXACT amount a friend lent him for medical school ...and dropped it off before he disappeared. That factor points to "checking out for awhile" don't you think?

Or suicide...

Suicide was my first thought when I heard about the case. I remember several of his friends, I think on here and reddit, asked about his behavior and state of mind and they indicated he seemed normal/happy, making future plans etc. Of course that's no guarantee he was fine, but it's seems a bit odd. If he had any beginnings of bpd (father had this?), it would seem like someone close would have noticed something. The settling of a debt is a pretty significant act though....

Just a bump up for Derek as he was on my mind.

Can't believe Derek just fell off the face of the earth and hasn't been seen or heard from since. He's gotta be somewhere, dead or alive.

This case bugs me so much...not sure exactly why except for the fact he reminds me of teleka Patrick...Brilliant, attractive, and on the road to helping people medically! The world is missing these two...I assure you. Where did Derek go??? What was in that backpack? Did he own a gun? So many questions. UGH:gaah:

This case bugs me so much...not sure exactly why except for the fact he reminds me of teleka Patrick...Brilliant, attractive, and on the road to helping people medically! The world is missing these two...I assure you. Where did Derek go??? What was in that backpack? Did he own a gun? So many questions. UGH:gaah:
I agree! This case had me since the beginning, but we really had nothing to go on. I do believe he may have been suicidal, i also believe he could of had a breakdown and is smart enough to live off the grid - and without mental help he could still be doing this, i also believe foul play could be suspect, but must likely would have found a clue in that direction. Nothing has been ruled out or in - very frustrating and heartbreaking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

I'd never read this case.

I do think Derek suffered from mental illness. What it was and for how long who knows but I think life was wearing on him, he was possibly tired of hiding a mental illness (diagnosed or not, I think he felt off) and decided to get away. Without meds this condition may have worsened over time.

I do not think he is alive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993