Found Deceased CA - Derek Weidner, 25, Sonoma County Fairgrounds RV Park, Santa Rosa, 19 July 2019 *suicidal*

A butt dial at 4 or 5 am uh huh. MOO so much time has passed now ! This continues to infuriate me. Vehicle found abandoned odd or out of the way places, missing adult a we must assume it's a walk away.... voluntary missing..... Why does this set of circumstances tell LE there is no danger ?!? People do not go poof !!MOO

A butt dial at 4 or 5 am uh huh. MOO so much time has passed now ! This continues to infuriate me. Vehicle found abandoned odd or out of the way places, missing adult a we must assume it's a walk away.... voluntary missing..... Why does this set of circumstances tell LE there is no danger ?!? People do not go poof !!MOO

And he is a big guy...not someone who could just be picked up and carried off like I could be. It’s crazy.

Anyway, news article out finally.

Devastated mother fears foul play involved in the disappearance of son Derek Weidner missing from California RV park since July

Devastated mother fears foul play involved in the disappearance of son Derek Weidner missing from California RV park since July

UPDATE:
According to his mother, Judy, Derek’s wallet was left back at his trailer, but his debit card was found inside his truck. His phone has been off since that weekend and has not been able to be tracked. His bank account has not been touched since he disappeared.

Judy noticed that his favorite hat and the Crocs he often wore were missing.

“He was probably wearing that hat. And those Crocs. He loved wearing them,” Judy said. “But he wouldn’t wear the Crocs out in the woods. It would be too difficult to walk through that area where the truck was found. It doesn’t make sense.”

Judy told Dateline she doesn't think Derek was ever in that area. She said Derek’s friends said the same thing.

I was hoping the recent posts on this thread were because new information had appeared.

Re the butt-dial call, two thoughts. One is that, my understanding of how a butt-dial call happens, is that the number has to already be in your phone/contacts. That's the only way just a few random screen connections could make a call, I thought.

And yes I actually have stayed on the line listening for a few minutes when I received a butt-dialed call. But that is only because (see above) I knew who had butt-dialed me, because they were in my contact list.

Second thought is that if the caller was from the eastern US time zone, then the hour of the call is less automatically suspicious. I guess LE has spoken to the caller so they probably know whether the caller knew Derek or not.

Hoping Derek is found soon!

Brainscratch did a nice summary of the information available on this case to date.

A couple things to note.

One of the theories is that Derek might have gone into the Russian River near where his truck was found and drown. That section of the river is one that people do kayak on so there likely would have been people that would have seen a body if one was in that area.

The river gage was about 2.5 in depth in Colverdale and about 175 cubic feet per second flow. That is not some crazy raging river. Even if Derek had some how ended up unconscious in the Russian river, in 2.5 feet of water he would have been found by now. USGS Surface Water for USA: Streamflow Measurements

On one of the Facebook pages, there was a picture of a man posted that looked a lot like Derek at a Target store in the area with notes that Derek's mother discounted the picture as being him. I posted a link to that Facebook post for the record. >>>> Max N Angela Cordova

Last edited:
There are Caltrans cameras on 101 in Santa Rosa and above Ukiah. I don't know how long they keep the video images from these cameras.

Caltrans CCTV Map
California's, like most traffic cameras, don't record.
They are only there to monitor live traffic conditions.

California's, like most traffic cameras, don't record.
They are only there to monitor live traffic conditions.

That's the official statement but I read Permanent Record by Edward Snowden and I'm just certain that our surveillance state government would never delete that video. It is stored somewhere.

The only reason to have ten "traffic" cameras in Ukiah is to track marijuana growers. Ukiah has about 16,000 people.

Most of the CalTrans mountain pass cameras take a snapshot once an hour. Not a way to tell who has passed by unless you're very, very lucky.

Reactions: Dre

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back