GUILTY CA - Det. Michael Davis, 42, & Dep. Danny Oliver, 47, slain, Auburn, 24 Oct 2014

Janelle Monroy lived in what I would describe as a substantial compound in West Valley City at:
2419 W 3800 S
West Valley City 84119 Utah

From google Earth, one can see sizeable warehouses, one attached to the home and another separate. Separate and double roll-up doors located along one side of warehouse attached to the home. Where does an illegal alien who was deported twice get the bucks to buy a spread like that?

Last night I was wondering how he and his wife were supporting themselves, since he's probably been living under the radar. I figured they were probably collecting all kinds of gov't assistance, but maybe not? Hmmm, I want to hear more. I am so angry. This is so senseless.

Just checking in to see if any more info has come out.

Also, sending hugs to Deputy Dawg. You have been in my thoughts and prayers, as are the families and friends of the officers.

MSM is not covering this except for FOX. Heck, its even been hidden here on Webslueths.

Janelle Monroy lived in what I would describe as a substantial compound in West Valley City at:
2419 W 3800 S
West Valley City 84119 Utah

From google Earth, one can see sizeable warehouses, one attached to the home and another separate. Separate and double roll-up doors located along one side of warehouse attached to the home. Where does an illegal alien who was deported twice get the bucks to buy a spread like that?

It will be very interesting indeed to find out where his money comes from. I can though.........

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014...rnia-deputies-moved-to-el-dorado-county-jail/

One of the suspects in the deaths of two sheriff’s deputies has been moved out to the El Dorado County Jail, the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office said on Wednesday...

Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones hinted that the move would be coming after Marquez’s Oct. 28 hearing. “I would just as soon our officers and our professional staff not have to look at these two suspects during their criminal trials,” he said.

There still is some question as to Marquez’s actual name. The defendant told the judge his name was Luis Enrique Monroy Bracamontes. Fingerprint tests are pending.

http://www.mantecabulletin.com/section/140/article/118353/

Prosecutors in Placer and Sacramento counties decided after consulting with the victims’ families that the death penalty is appropriate for defendant Luis Enrique Monroy Bracamontes...

Bracamontes, who was booked into jail under the name Marcelo Marquez and whose name previously was spelled Bracamonte by federal immigration officials, was also charged Tuesday with a count of attempting to kill Sacramento County Deputy Scott Brown during the Oct. 24 shooting spree...

Bracamontes’ wife, Janelle Marquez Monroy, also is charged in the case but does not face the death penalty. Prosecutors allege her husband fired the fatal shots.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...hose-cops-suspect-says-of-california-slayings

A man charged with killing two Northern California sheriff's deputies stunned a courtroom Wednesday by blurting out that he committed the crimes and is ready to be executed. "I did kill those cops. You can execute me whenever you're ready," an agitated Luis Enrique Monroy Bracamontes said at the end of a hearing as he was led from the Sacramento County courtroom in chains...

"I think what you were hearing was a great deal of anxiety," Dawson said outside the courtroom when asked about his client's outbursts. But Bracamontes was adamant, turning his head to address spectators as he was being handcuffed to leave the courtroom. "I killed, I did, I did. I just want to plead guilty and get the execution," he said as his attorneys stood nearby amid heavy security. "I did it, everything."

A spokeswoman for the Sacramento County District Attorneys' Office, Shelly Orio, said she was prohibited from commenting because it would violate legal ethics.

Pair accused in deputies' shooting deaths will stand trial
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) — A couple accused in the shooting deaths of two Sacramento area sheriff’s deputies will have to stand trial, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Judge Steve White read 15 felony counts, one at a time, at the end of a preliminary hearing that started Monday.

(...)

In court on Wednesday, Monroy covered her face with her hands as the judge read the charges. Her attorney told the judge that Monroy was under duress that day and forced into the crime spree by her husband.

(...)

But, prosecutors said Monroy was an active participant, toting a gun from one carjacking to the next. White said there is enough evidence against each suspect to require them to stand trial.

(...)

There were no verbal outbursts from Bracamontes, who has drawn attention for his behavior in the courtroom.

“See you next time,” he told the judge as he was led out of the courtroom Wednesday.

The pair is expected to be back in court June 17, when White plans to set a trial date. Defense attorneys have filed an appeal to a ruling that found Bracamontes competent to stand trial. His lawyers say he is mentally ill.

http://www.kcra.com/news/pair-accuse...trial/38773760

A March 2017 trial date was set Friday for Luis Monroy Bracamontes and wife Janelle Monroy as attorneys for the suspect in the slaying of two sheriff’s deputies press ahead with plans to move the case out of Sacramento County.

Trial for Bracamontes was set for March 22, 2017, by Sacramento Superior Court Judge Steve White.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article84450787.html

Nearly two years have passed since sheriff’s Deputies Danny Oliver and Michael Davis Jr. were killed in a bloody, two-county rampage, and now the trial of the suspect in their deaths is likely to be delayed by election-year politics.

With Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones – Oliver’s boss – running for Congress, lawyers for suspect Luis Enriquez Monroy Bracamontes won a four-month extension last week allowing them to file a request to move the trial out of Sacramento by Jan. 17.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article98133447.html

From November:

Trial date set for deputy slaying suspect Bracamontes, who says case is taking ‘too long’

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article115690948.html

Trial for Luis Enriquez Monroy Bracamontes was set Friday for next October, but only after the suspect in the slaying of two Sacramento-area deputies briefly objected, telling a judge he preferred an earlier date.

“So for me, it will be better in March,” Bracamontes told Sacramento Superior Court Judge Steve White, adding that waiting for October 2017 – three years after he allegedly gunned down Sacramento sheriff’s Deputy Danny Oliver and Placer sheriff’s Deputy Michael Davis Jr. – is “too long.”

The suspect, a 36-year-old Mexican citizen who was in the United States illegally at the time of the shootings, relented after his court-appointed attorneys, Norm Dawson and Jeffrey Barbour, conferred with him quietly at the defense table in their latest effort to prevent their client from upending the court proceedings.

The judge made it clear that he does not want further delays in the trial, saying he has “given this a lot of consideration” before he agreed to postpone the scheduled March 22 trial date and set it to begin Oct. 16.

Bracamontes’ wife, Janelle Monroy, a 40-year-old Phoenix native, faces up to life in prison for allegedly helping him during the daylong crime spree that began when Oliver approached a vehicle in a Motel 6 parking lot and was shot to death.

Sacramento cop slaying suspect to lawyers: ‘I want to kill one of you ...’ - January 20th

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article127799599.html

The hearing, which was called to determine whether Bracamontes would be allowed to fire his public defenders and represent himself at trial, proceeded peacefully until Sacramento Superior Court Judge Steve White denied Bracamontes’ request, saying the suspect is mentally fit to stand trial but still has mental issues that prevent him from acting as his own lawyer.

“I just want to plead guilty, I want to plead guilty and get it over and done with in this case,” Bracamontes told the judge, adding that he believes his public defenders – Norm Dawson and Jeffrey Barbour – are “incompetent, irresponsible and disrespectful.”

“I want them out of my case, period,” Bracamontes said. “I know I’m guilty of what I did. You guys have more than enough evidence to prove what I did.

As Barbour and Dawson sat trying to reason with their client, who was seated between them wearing waist shackles and a red jail jumpsuit, Bracamontes began to grow angry.

“Shut the f--- up,” he told them. “I want to kill one of you motherf------.”

At that point, two Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies moved in and grabbed him by the collar, making certain he remained in his chair at the defense table until the judge ended the hearing.

“All right, Mr. Bracamontes, let’s go,” one said to him as they led him through the back of the fourth-floor courtroom.

Barbour and Dawson have argued in court filings that Bracamontes cannot be allowed to represent himself because he would try to plead guilty and seek a death penalty sentence.

Previous testimony has indicated Bracamontes believes God will not allow him to be executed, and that poison from a lethal injection procedure will turn to vitamins.

From last month:

Man charged with killing Sacramento, Placer deputies can’t get fair trial in capital, lawyers say

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article134327849.html

Citing vast media coverage of the October 2014 slayings of two Sacramento-area deputies and the nationwide debate over President Donald Trump’s immigration policies, lawyers for slaying suspect Luis Bracamontes say their client cannot get a fair trial and are asking a Sacramento Superior Court judge to move the case to another county.

“There have been at least 289 news articles written about this case,” Bracamontes’ public defenders, Norm Dawson and Jeffrey Barbour, wrote in their motion to have the trial moved. “There have been at least 476 television broadcasts.

“There have been over 1,500 internet hits and stories on this case. There have been political ads and political speeches featuring this case ... The extent of the coverage is comprehensive, all-encompassing and ongoing.”

The effort to move the case out of Sacramento has been expected since the early days of court proceedings, and Judge Steve White has scheduled a June 12 hearing on the issue.

Prosecutors have not yet filed a reply brief to the motion, but are expected to vigorously oppose moving the trial, which is scheduled to begin in October. Lawyers on both sides have declined to comment as the case proceeds.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article155677739.html

A judge on Monday denied an effort to close a hearing for accused cop killer Luis Bracamontes to the press and public, saying the proceedings must remain open.

Sacramento Superior Court Judge Steve White rejected the latest motion by public defenders for Bracamontes, who argued that pretrial publicity was endangering their client’s right to a fair trial.

The lawyers are trying to get White to move the trial out of Sacramento because of the publicity, and are expected to argue over the next two to three days that coverage of the October 2014 slayings means the trial must be moved.

They also hope to win permission to enter a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megs89
Back