GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my---- that worries me!!! I would hate to see this killer get a new trial. I can imagine what would happen: i don't think there would be a second trial: they would probably allow Peterson to plea down to a lesser charge- and who knows what that charge would be and what the sentence would be: maybe life with parole---- or life without parole. who knows.

Convicted murderer Scott Peterson's case to be heard in virtual hearing in California courtroom
Snipped from the article due to 10% copyright rule. You can read the article on the link above
MODESTO, Calif. - Convicted murderer Scott Peterson's case is scheduled to be heard Friday morning in a virtual court hearing in Stanislaus County after the state Supreme Court ordered a second look at his case.

Reports indicate the hearing may involve assigning Peterson an attorney. He is currently being housed at San Quentin in Marin County.

https://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/scott-peterson-case/article246646003.html
Media, including national television news, began showing up at the Stanislaus County Courthouse around 5 a.m. Friday to report on Scott Peterson’s first court appearance since his blockbuster trial 16 years ago.

As a result of COVID-19, Peterson will appear remotely from San Quentin Prison and audio from the hearing will be live streamed on the court’s website.

Scott’s brother Joe and sister-in-law Janey Peterson were talking to media as they waited outside the courtroom for Judge Nancy Leo, which is expected to open at 8:30 a.m. Pat Harris, who served as co-counsel to Mark Geragos during Peterson’s trial, was also there.
Snipped due to 10% copyright rule; the article can be read on the link above

https://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/scott-peterson-case/article246646003.html
The Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office announced in court Friday it will retry Scott Peterson’s penalty phase after the California Supreme Court overturned his death sentence in August.
The Supreme Court overturned Peterson’s death sentence on the grounds that the trial judge in San Mateo, the late Al Delucchi, wrongly excluded 13 potential jurors.

The Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office announced in court Friday it will retry Scott Peterson’s penalty phase after the California Supreme Court overturned his death sentence in August.
The Supreme Court overturned Peterson’s death sentence on the grounds that the trial judge in San Mateo, the late Al Delucchi, wrongly excluded 13 potential jurors.

Scott Peterson penalty phase to be retried, prosecutors say
STANISLAUS COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The Stanislaus County District Attorney's office announced in court today it will retry the penalty phase in the case of convicted murderer Scott Peterson.

The California Supreme Court ordered a reexamination of Peterson's murder charges due to possible juror misconduct.
A new court date was set for November 6.

Scott Peterson penalty phase to be retried, prosecutors say
STANISLAUS COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- The Stanislaus County District Attorney's office announced in court today it will retry the penalty phase in the case of convicted murderer Scott Peterson.

The California Supreme Court ordered a reexamination of Peterson's murder charges due to possible juror misconduct.
A new court date was set for November 6.

I didn't know about this thread!!??!! I've bookmarked it now for the next hearing! And THANK YOU all for the updates! :)

okay - this article says:

In the same opinion, which was made in response to Scott Peterson’s automatic appeal, the court upheld his 2004 conviction for killing his wife, Laci Peterson, and the couple’s unborn son, Conner.

But last week, the court made a ruling in Peterson’s petition for habeas corpus, which could lead to his conviction being overturned.

The court ruled that a San Mateo Superior Court judge must decide whether prejudicial misconduct by a juror occurred when she failed to disclose that she’d been the victim of a crime and obtained a restraining order against the perpetrator.

A hearing in that case is scheduled for Nov. 13.

Chief Deputy District Attorney Dave Harris, appearing remotely over video conference along with District Attorney Birgit Fladager, said they wanted to wait for the outcome of that San Mateo hearing before beginning jury selection because they might have to retry the entire case.
[.....]
Pat Harris agreed to a “limited time waiver” of two weeks so that he had time to talk to talk to Peterson.

The next hearing in Stanislaus Court will be held on Nov. 6.
[.....]
No one from Laci’s family was at the hearing and Laci’s mother, Sharon Rocha, has not responded to recent requests for comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151