GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Peterson’s lawyer gets COVID, Peterson in “loose quarantine” at San Quentin​

Hearing for a new trial in notorious case postponed until August​

By Julia Prodis Sulek | jsulek@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
PUBLISHED: June 28, 2022 at 2:31 p.m. | UPDATED: June 29, 2022 at 4:30 a.m.

<snip>Peterson’s death sentence last year was overturned by the California Supreme Court, which found that prosecutors unfairly dismissed potential jurors who morally opposed the death penalty but said they could follow the law and impose it anyway. The 49-year-old former fertilizer salesman and Cal Poly graduate who lived with his wife in Modesto before she disappeared on Christmas Eve 2002 is now serving a life sentence at San Quentin. The case was moved to Redwood City because of pre-trial publicity 18 years ago and the appeal remains there. During February hearings in the case, Peterson was represented by Los Angeles lawyer Pat Harris, who was part of his original legal team. Harris’s COVID symptoms were serious enough that he said he couldn’t commit to presenting closing arguments over Zoom either, according to minutes from Tuesday’s hearing. Although Peterson had no signs of COVID on Tuesday, his lawyer told the court that inmates in Peterson’s housing unit at San Quentin had tested positive, the minutes said. more at link: Scott Peterson’s lawyer gets COVID, Peterson in “loose quarantine” at San Quentin

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but is there anyone else, like myself, that believes there is a strong possibility that Peterson is innocent? This is a case I continue to keep a close eye on and one that for whatever reason has always gripped my attention. It is my personal belief that he is, in fact, innocent. I would love to hear other people's opinions on this!!

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but is there anyone else, like myself, that believes there is a strong possibility that Peterson is innocent? This is a case I continue to keep a close eye on and one that for whatever reason has always gripped my attention. It is my personal belief that he is, in fact, innocent. I would love to hear other people's opinions on this!!
I don't think there is any chance that he is innocent. NONE of his actions that day make any sense, if he was an innocent man.

His wife was 8 1/2 months pregnant---it was Christmas Eve, he had the day off work, and so did she. And so he goes by himself, in December, in a tiny beat up boat, into the dangerous SF Bay, to allegedly fish---even though no one else in his life even knew he had the secret boat. Or that he even fished. And his story about what kind of bait and what he was trying to catch were totally BS.

And he originally told his wife and family that he was going to go play golf-alone-apparently.

Do I believe, that if his wife was alive and well, that she would have just waved 'bye Hun' to her husband, on Christmas Eve, while she was preparing food and gifts for a big family dinner that night? No way, it would not have happened that way. She would have obviously expected it to be a family day for them---not him going on some ridiculous pretend fishing trip in the dangerous bay waters in December.

I grew up in the Bay Area. And we did a lot of boating. No one would go out alone in the winter in that tiny boat unless they had a desperate mission. At least no one saw him because NOBODY else would have been out in those waters at that time.

That fishing trip story was a load of baloney. But one part of it was TRUE---he was out there in a boat---right where his wife and child's body washed ashore.

Why was he seen by detectives, driving around by that same shore, and sitting and watching detectives searching that area? WHY would he even think those bodies would have been found there if it was some other random killer?

Scott had never taken the boat out prior to December 24th....So on the very first day that he took that boat out to Berkeley Marina, his wife and child ended up tied to a homemade concrete anchor in that same bay?

Quite a coincidence^^^^

" Although Peterson initially said he had spent the day golfing, he later told the police that he had gone to fish for sturgeon at the Berkeley Marina.

Scott Peterson - Wikipedia

He was in a 14 foot aluminium boat----in the turbulent Berkeley Marina in December.... claimed he was trawling for striper and sturgeon in San Francisco Bay...

and when you add in the GF whom he told his wife was 'gone' and how that had progressed... his lies to her during the searches etc......... Nope. No innocence anywhere that i can see.

I shall shorten this up a bit...

Thursday, August 11th:
*Oral Arguments Hearing (@ 10am PT) – CA – Laci Denise Peterson (27) & Connor (unborn) (missing Dec. 24, 2002, Modesto; found April 13, 2003 in the San Francisco Bay) - *Scott Lee Peterson (30 @ time of crime/31/now 49) convicted & found guilty (11/12/04) of 1st degree murder (Laci) & 2nd degree murder(son) & sentenced (3/16/05) to death by lethal injection.
His case is currently on automatic appeal to the Supreme Court of California. Sits on San Quentin's death row. Calif. Supreme Court denied a new trial in the guilt phase but reversed the death penalty sentence for Stanislaus County. Also the San Mateo Superior Court will now consider whether there was jury misconduct. Stanislaus County district attorney’s office said it won’t seek the death penalty if there is a new trial.
Re-Sentencing Hearing on 12/8/21. Peterson was moved to San Mateo County jail on 11/29/21 for sentencing hearing. Ordered Peterson to serve life in prison without the possibility of parole for the 1st degree murder of Laci & a concurrent sentence of 15 years to life for the 2nd degree murder of Conner.

Court info from 5/14/20 thru 3/16/22 reference post #317 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-scott-petersons-penalty-phase.548783/page-16

3/24/22 Update: Three people were slated to testify Thursday, but the court was still sorting through the day’s plan by the time it took a lunch recess. Thursday's proceeding centered on whether a documentary filmmaker, Shareen Anderson, can be compelled to testify regarding former juror Richelle Nice. An attorney for the filmmaker says her client has refused to take the stand. “Shareen wanted to assert her rights, First Amendment rights of the constitution, not to testify because she is a journalist & journalists have quite important right that protect them from being called on a regular basis,” said Anderson’s attorney Tenaya Rodenwald. The judge is reviewing two cases to see if they provide precedent upon which to proceed. If Peterson gets a new trial, new evidence can be introduced. The judge will have up to 90 days to decide if Peterson gets a retrial or not. The evidentiary hearing is expected to continue into Friday, 3/25/22 (Day 5).
3/25/22 Update: As their final witness, Peterson’s attorneys called to the stand on Friday Nice's former attorney, Negad Zaky, to testify about his communications with the Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office while preparing Nice’s declaration. Zaky said he had discussions with prosecutors but that they didn’t tell him how to write the declaration that Nice later signed under oath. Prosecutors & lawyers for Peterson will give closing arguments on 6/29/22 before a California judge decides whether Peterson deserves a new trial. Superior Court Judge Anne-Christine Massullo ordered Stanislaus County prosecutors & Peterson’s attorneys to submit written arguments by May 25 & reply briefs by June 9. They will return to court 6/29/22 to provide oral arguments before Massullo takes the case under submission for a later decision. The judge also ordered Peterson returned to San Quentin State Prison until June, where he previously had been on death row, after his attorneys said they were having trouble communicating with him while he has been recently housed in the San Mateo County Jail. The judge will have 90 days from the case being submitted to come up with a decision.
6/29/22 Update: One of Peterson's attorneys tested positive for the virus, according to Deputy Court Executive Officer Sarah Lind & Peterson himself was exposed to COVID in his pod at San Quentin. Peterson is on "loose quarantine," she explained. Peterson was scheduled to have a status conference on Monday in his juror misconduct hearing. The hearing was rescheduled to 8/11/22.

This is not one of those cases for me. The things he said to his new love interest before, during and after the time of the murder show callous premeditation and an absolute absence of empathy or conscience.
Moo

Thank you for this! Does anyone have a start time for it?
Replying to myself. Just got an alert from L&C that it is 30 minutes from now, so noon CST. That's when their live stream is supposed to start anyway....

Replying to myself. Just got an alert from L&C that it is 30 minutes from now, so noon CST. That's when their live stream is supposed to start anyway....

If you missed my post #332 - it does it starts at 10am Pacific time... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa