GUILTY CA - Dr. William Ayres for child molestation, San Mateo, 2007 #2

It seems like it is an ad to locate victims, but that is because we know what is going on. Someone who doesn't know probably won't know what it is for and whether or not it could be important to them.

This kind of ad - with this wording- has been very successful - in finding victims of pedophile priests.

For example: Frank Fitzpatrick, a former Massachusetts detective who was sexually abused by a priest named Father Porter, posted "Do You Remember Father Porter" ads in papers in the 1980s with his phone number. He did not mention the word "abuse" or "molestation." or "victim."When victims saw the ad, they knew exactly what it was about.

Other victims of pedophile priests have found victims this way. Pretty tried and true method.

Lawyers will also tell you that this kind of wording is the best way to find victims. One shouldn't be leading.

Additionally, many victims in Boston may not even remember Ayres' name. But they will remember his photo. The photo will trigger memories and they will Google Ayres' name. That was certainly the case in California.

There are hundreds upon hundreds of news stories about Ayres on Google. If there are victims who read this ad, they will Google his name.

There have also been major television and radio news shows on the hunt for Ayres victims.

My guess is that a number of people who see the ad will be curious enough to Google his name, regardless of whether they were victims. Perhaps the words "Judge Baker" or "Roslindale Detention Center " or "Children's Hospital" will prompt them to look him up. And chances are they might know someone who was a patient at one of these places.

Just wondering, Mercyneal, do you know who answers or what sort of message is delivered if one calls that number?

I'm pleased to know that this tactic has had success. I agree that the almost immediate feedback of being able to google the name, even if you've forgotten or blocked it, is central to the ad's success.

You will now find a bunch of Craigslist postings with links to the ad that Mercyneal linked to US here.

If you are a victim of Ayres, please, now is the time. Peace to you.

Believe09:

Can you send us some links to the Craigslist ads? Thanks.

Here's a couple I found just by running a google search:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/com/1873908990.html

To All Boston Victims of Dr. William Ayres (Massachusetts, USA)

"To all those men who were patients of child psychiatrist Dr. William Ayres in Boston between the years 1959-1963. Please come forward. Ayres was arrested in California in 2007 for molesting young boys sent to him for therapy. Now the Boston Police Department is asking that anyone who may have been a victim of Ayres in Boston to please come forward......"

more at link

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/grp/1874148249.html

Dr. William Ayres (Judge Baker Guidance Center)

"Ayres was a psychiatrist at the Roslindale Youth Detention Center and at the Judge Baker Guidance Center. If he treated you, please call the number listed on the ad. You are not alone!!"

Both have links to the Patriot Ledger ad.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the information, Mercyneal. That was very interesting. I hope the ad is successful. It just seems like, frankly, Dr. Ayres will die before he is ever punished for his misdeeds. That's what really gets me about a lot of these cases. These men get away with this for their whole lives and if eventually incarcerated, it is at the very end of their lives, after years of free reign. I hope that with the arrests of so many doctors, people will begin to speak up sooner and these things will be stopped much earlier. Additionally, I hope that those that disclose are taken seriously now. It itches me that Ayre's is still out of prison living his life while his attorney jams up the case. He has left such a huge wake of victims behind him.

Believe me, Ayres' life is a living hell right now. It's already been ruined. He was forced to sell his house ( with swimming pool) to pay a victim in a civil suit. His medical license has been suspended and he will never work as a doctor again. Both the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (of which he was once president) have abruptly kicked them out of their organizations. His colleagues believe he is a pedophile. He no longer has the power and prestige he once thought he had.

He lives in a rented condo and is now forced to stay home because if anyone sees him out and about, they will report this to the San Mateo District Attorney's office. Before his lawyer decided to try for the mental competency hearing, Ayres was seen out and about at the opera... without his walker.

In addition to already settling one civil suit, currently he has at least five more civil suits against him by victims going on right now.

He had to let go of his first criminal lawyer, Doron Weinberg, because he could no longer afford him. A couple of doctors tried to fundraise for him, but that didn't go well.

Ayres has been the subject of lurid front page stories. Most likely he read about his arrest in the New York Times, to which he subsribes. (Maybe someone should try to get the New Yorker magazine to do a story on the case as well, as Ayres has been known to subscribe to that.

Don't worry about him dying. I've heard people saying that since way back in 2002. If I had a dollar for everyone who has said that since then, I'd be rich.

By the way, his father lived to a ripe old age- well into his eighties.

But if you think Ayres life hasn't been ruined already, you would be mistaken.

I understand that Ayres is isolated in his condo but doesn't everyone wonder what he does with his time? Surely he has access to the internet and the mail. My guess is that he's either collected his own self-produced child *advertiser censored* or purchased it. From my research there are thousands of titles of "nature videos" which are perfectly legal which would highly interest Ayres. With the way it seems that San Mateo is fumbling this case, I'd be shocked if he's under surveillance concerning his internet and purchasing practices.

This might have been answered upthread, but was Ayres required to relinquish his passport?

I always think of Gajdusek going to Norway and living out his last years totally unsupervised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Carleton_Gajdusek

"...[Gajdusek] pleaded guilty in 1997 and, under a plea bargain, was sentenced to 12 months in jail. After his release in 1998, he was permitted to serve his five-year unsupervised probation in Europe. He never returned to the United States and lived in Amsterdam, Paris, and Tromso......"

".....Gajdusek died December 12, 2008 in Tromsø, Norway, at the age of 85. He was working and visiting colleagues in Tromsø at the time of his death."

This is what frightens me. I worry that Ayres will either flee or will plead, do a small amount of time, and be allowed to leave the country. Note the dates above. This was NOT before SO sentencing reform. Gajdusek died only 1 1/2 years ago!! He had ten full years of unsupervised time to do more "research" without any scrutiny in Europe.

Yes, when Ayres was arrested in 2007, they took away his passport and he cannot leave the country.

I am sure he has more nude boy books in his collection like the "Coming of Age" (which the police confiscated but then failed to get the right search warrant for them, so they weren't used as evidence in the trial.)

There has been a report that Ayres has been spotted at a swimming pool, observing young boys in their bathingsuits. This pool is near where Ayres lives.

MANY of us are wondering what he does all day. For someone who has been addicted to molesting boys since the 1960s, there is not a chance in hell he could break his addiction now. I am sure he has child *advertiser censored* stashed away somewhere.

A detective I know believes Ayres may have secretly taped the sessions where he molested boys. He may have a video collection of that somewhere. Perhaps he has shared it with Menlo Park doctor Roger Levin, arrested years ago for molesting boys, women and for having a large collection of child *advertiser censored*. Levin only received a slap in the wrist and is still out and about.

Too bad someone couldn't hire a private detective to observe Ayres.

A new independent movie, "Life During Wartime" features a pedophile psychiatrist who molests little boys. Apparently this movie is a sequel of sorts to Todd Solondz's first movie"Happiness." I saw that one but don't remember the pedophile psychiatrist.

Anyway, here's a snippet from a review of "Life During Wartime:"http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FkRYbs7btSsJ:fromthefrontrow.blogspot.com/2010/07/review-life-during-wartime.html+%22Life+During+Wartime%22+pedophile+psychiatrist&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

His father, Bill (Ciáran Hinds), is a pedophile, a former psychiatrist who has just been released from prison for abusing young boys and is attempting to rebuild his relationship with his oldest son, Billy (Chris Marquette)

A new independent movie, "Life During Wartime" features a pedophile psychiatrist who molests little boys. Apparently this movie is a sequel of sorts to Todd Solondz's first movie"Happiness." I saw that one but don't remember the pedophile psychiatrist.

Anyway, here's a snippet from a review of "Life During Wartime:"http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FkRYbs7btSsJ:fromthefrontrow.blogspot.com/2010/07/review-life-during-wartime.html+%22Life+During+Wartime%22+pedophile+psychiatrist&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

His father, Bill (Ciáran Hinds), is a pedophile, a former psychiatrist who has just been released from prison for abusing young boys and is attempting to rebuild his relationship with his oldest son, Billy (Chris Marquette)

I heard an interview with a reviewer of the movie on NPR.

Speaking of films, why can't I find this?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Carleton_Gajdusek

The documentary The Genius and the Boys by Bosse Lindquist, first shown on BBC Four on June 2, 2009, notes that "seven men testified in confidentiality about Gajdusek having had sex with them when they were boys", that four said "the sex was untroubling" while for three of them "the sex was a shaming, abusive and a violation". One of these boys, the son of a friend and now an adult, appears in the film. Furthermore, Gajdusek openly admits to molesting boys and his approval of incest. The film tries to understand not only Gajdusek's sexual mores, but also his deeper motivations for science, exploration and life...."

I did find this the film on youtube, filmed in English, but narrated in Dutch or German. Has anyone ever considered how close Ayres lives in connection with the SF airport? For those not familiar to the area, Burlingame and San Mateo are very close to SFO. I wonder if he hosted any get-togethers for visiting dignitaries like Gajdusek, Levine, et al?

Detectives I know think that Ayres knew other pedophile doctors. These kinds of people like to pool their stuff.

We also cannot forget that child *advertiser censored* collectors are notorious note keepers. They are hoarders. They seem to not be able to part with a single scrap of a reminder as to where a certain photo or a buddy list is hidden. Thus, the templates listing notebooks, ledgers, meticulous lists, etc. which are tacked on to search warrants.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back