GUILTY CA - Dystiny Myers, 15, slain, body burned, Santa Maria, 26 Sept 2010

Thank you Salem. I was a bit confused by the mechanical asphyxiation and had to look up a definition. Then....I read your link. Lord help us. How awful:

"....Slain teenager Dystiny Myers died after a glove was shoved down her throat, sweatpants were tied around her neck and she was beaten, a coroner said in court Monday. The level of methamphetamine in her system was also at a level high enough that it could have killed her....."

My heart goes out to all her friends, classmates, and loved ones as I'm sure many are just learning this info for the first time.

I noticed, in one of the comments at Salem's link that York's wife has posted on her FB page requesting that cards, photos and letters be sent to him in jail. I'll get right on that.

"...At the home, detectives said they found a baseball bat with York's fingerprints on it..."

http://www.ksby.com/news/suspects-in-myers-murder-case-blame-each-other/

Suspects in Myers murder case blame each other

"Two of the five suspects charged in the murder of Dystiny Myers, 15, gave contradicting statements to investigators, according to our KSBY News crew in a San Luis Obispo County courtroom for Tuesday's preliminary hearing.

A sheriff investigator who interviewed suspect Frank York testified that York told him another suspect, Ty Hill, is greatly responsible for Myers' murder and that Hill wanted Myers and another suspect, Cody Miller, killed. That contradicts what Hill told investigators....."

more at link

And:

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/02/08/1475099/judge-orders-five-suspects-to.html

Judge orders five suspects to stand trial for Dystiny Myers killing

"A judge on Tuesday ordered all five suspects in the killing of Dystiny Myers to stand trial.

The body of the 15-year-old Santa Maria girl was found in a Santa Margarita field Sept. 26. Detectives say she was beaten, bound and a glove was shoved down her throat, blocking her airway, the night she died. Judge Barry LaBarbera decided that there was enough evidence presented during the two-day preliminary hearing to order a trial.

Each of the five defendants, Rhonda Maye Wisto, Cody Lane Miller, Ty Michael Hill, Jason Adam Greenwell and Frank Jacob York, have pleaded not guilty to murder charges with related enhancements...."

more at link

I still wonder how the surveillance videos will play into the trial. Early reports stated that a man could be seen beating someone in the back of a truck on a video taken from a gas station/convenience store, not far from where Dystiny's burned body was found. I didn't see this mentioned in court yesterday or today.

Another article which I don't think has been posted:

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/0...enager-dystiny-myers.html#storylink=mirelated

"The horrific final moments of slain teen Dystiny Myers’ life were described in San Luis Obispo Superior Court on Monday by investigators who depicted the five people accused of killing her as members of a drug ring whose alleged female leader ordered the girl’s killing. But no motive for Myers’ homicide was revealed in a preliminary hearing that continues today in Judge Barry LaBarbera’s courtroom.

Detectives described a callous homicide that was capped off by three of the defendants making a stop at Jack in the Box in San Luis Obispo for tacos...."

more at link

Early on there was talk about a surveillance video which plainly showed a man beating a female in the back of a pick-up. I researched the location and it was at Five Cities Chevron which is located at 340 Five Cities Drive in Pismo Beach. There's also a Jack in the Box at that location. Did the men return to the gas station/Jack in the Box after the murder, to buy tacos? There was a lot of arguing in the comment sections about this evidence back in October. I haven't seen it mentioned since. LEO officers were supposedly filmed as they stood by, not noticing the crime.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2010/10/13/1327971/suspects-stop-at-gas-station-investigated.html

Suspects’ stop at gas station investigated

Pismo Beach Chevron employee noticed them on the day the girl’s body was found

"Two of the five suspects alleged to have murdered 15-year-old Dystiny Myers stopped at a Pismo Beach gas station early in the morning on the day that she was discovered dead. The two men went inside the Five Cities Chevron in Pismo Beach on Sept. 26, sometime before her body was discovered in Santa Margarita, and their behavior concerned the employee working at that time, said BP, who has owned the store for eight years...."

and

“The night manager thought he was going to get robbed,” P said. The men loitered around, and one used the restroom and bought something, and then they left...."

more at link

And:

http://calcoastnews.com/2010/10/santa-maria-teen’s-murder-caught-on-video-tape/

Santa Maria teen’s murder caught on videotape

"A Pismo Beach gas station surveillance tape captured what appears to be the horrific beating of 15-year-old Dystiny Myers while two Pismo Beach police officers stand nearby, talking and drinking coffee.

On Sept. 26 at 3 a.m. at the Five Cities Chevron just off Highway 101, a surveillance tape shows a man restraining and beating a struggling woman. Though officers thought the two men, who were wearing gloves and trying on sunglasses, “were acting kind of hinkey” they failed to notice the physical assault occurring in the bed of the truck driven by the suspects...."

more at link

Still no motive revealed however? From a comment by a poster named Cynthia at 2:27 pm Feb. 24th:

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/0...eath-penalty.html#disqus_thread#ixzz1ExI6tTXD

"....Miller claimed that she was dead after he had continued to beat her (as seen on video tape from a gas station).....stuffed a glove down her throat and plucked out her eye. That guy is a monster...."

more at link

FWIW, I had never seen a comment about her eye. He plucked out the child's eye? And I'm still to believe there was no satanic or occult component to this murder??? Dare I ask what was done with the eye? I haven't forgotten the date.

ETA: I guess I totally missed this from an article two weeks ago:

http://www.ksby.com/news/det-defend...n-throat-of-15-year-old-girl-plucked-eye-out/

"...Mr. Hill inquired how he knew she was dead, and Cody said that he had rammed a glove down her throat and that he had plucked her eye out," said Santa Maria Police Sgt. Dan Cohen...."

Ricky Kasso, self-professed satanist and murderer also gouged out his victims' eyes. The victim was "punished" as he had stolen drugs from Kasso.

The Russian teens who confessed to brutal satanic murders of classmates last year, also admitted to plucking out eyes.

Amazing how often that vile action shows up in satanic, drug fueled murders.

There seem to be other facts I've missed. The coroner stated that Dystiny had taken or been given an overdose of meth. I had not seen mention of heroin and I don't see it anywhere on our thread. Yet it's here:

http://www.ksby.com/news/det-defendant-told-to-mark-mcgwire-legs-of-dystiny-myers-with-baseball-bat/

"....An investigator who interviewed Greenwell says Hill gave Myers a shot of heroin that night--like he had been doing so every night--and that Myers was then tied up, bound and duct-taped.

Detective Robert Burgeson of the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department says Hill started beating her with a baseball bat before giving it to Miller, telling him to "Mark McGwire" her legs. "(Greenwell) said that (Miller) was hitting her in the area of the legs and that the noise from the bat bashing against her legs was making him sick and he couldn't think," Burgeson said.

Detectives say at least two of the defendants admitted to beating Myers at some point that night with the bat, brass knuckles and their hands and feet.

"I asked him why he had kicked Dystiny, and he told me that she was making noise and that he kicked her twice and that she stopped making noise," Burgeson said...."

more at link

I'm wondering if the younger men actually didn't know what they were shooting Dystiny up with? Or did it change that one night?

http://www.theadobepress.com/articles/2011/02/13/news/news02.txt

"...Investigators believe the teen died sometime between Sept. 25 and Sept. 26 after she allegedly was beaten, hogtied, duct-taped from head to toe and possibly drugged at Wisto’s Mars Court home, where she had been staying.

Myers died from manual asphyxiation and blunt-force trauma. She also had toxic levels of methamphetamine in her system, which contributed to her death, according to county sheriff/coroner officials...."

An update:

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/03/17/1525420/rhonda-wisto-suspect-in-killing.html

Rhonda Wisto, suspect in killing of Dystiny Myers, won't face death penalty

"The woman alleged to have ordered the murder of 15-year-old Dystiny Myers won’t face the death penalty, a prosecutor stated in San Luis Obispo Superior Court on Thursday. Chief Deputy District Attorney Tim Covello had said at a previous hearing that he was reserving a decision on whether Rhonda Maye Wisto would face capital charges in the ongoing homicide case against her and four others.

Covello has already filed a death penalty charge against defendant Ty Michael Hill. But he said Thursday that he won’t seek the death penalty against Wisto or the three other defendants — Jason Adam Greenwell, Frank Jacob York and Cody Lane Miller — who each face a maximum penalty of life without the possibility of parole if they’re convicted...."

more at link

Wisto has a new attorney:

http://www.ksby.com/news/new-attorney-joins-dystiny-myers-case/

"....Tom McCormick is officially representing Rhonda Wisto. He's replacing David Wells, who chose to step down last month, saying he didn't have the energy needed to represent her. We caught up with McCormick outside the courthouse.

"I've gone through the entire file and feel comfortable about the case," he said. "There's no motive for my client to commit this crime."

and

"...The judge continued the case until June 1st..."

more at link

Was Attorney McLennan actually able to make eye contact with the judge when he delivered this motion? Prepare yourself. There's a document here that I hadn't seen and it's very graphic. I'd forgotten that Dystiny was injected with heroin and that there were swords and brass knuckles found in the truck. I just checked and I did post about her eye being "plucked out". I think I must have blocked that. So vicious and vile.

I'm thinking that just possibly there were special circumstances of a "sadistic or evil purpose"....just as I originally thought.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/07/25/1695505/dystiny-myers-death.html

Death penalty stays in Dystiny Myers case
July 26, 2011

"A defendant accused of the murder of Dystiny Myers lost a bid Monday to rule out the death penalty as a possible punishment if he is convicted of the teen’s death. William McLennan, the attorney for Ty Michael Hill of Santa Maria, had argued in San Luis Obispo Superior Court that this should not be a capital case because Myers, 15, was not kidnapped or tortured in the act of a killing — circumstances required for the death penalty...."

and

"...“While the victim was beaten and asphyxiated, there was no evidence that Ty Michael Hill or any of the defendants had the intent to inflict severe pain, beyond the pain of death, for a sadistic or other evil purpose,” McLennan wrote in his a motion...."

more at link (including document)

1aJfzJ.MiSt.76.jpg

Year of pain for grandmother of Dystiny Myers

“This is about a little girl whose life was taken,” said Kathy Clark, her grandma.
For Clark, the past year has been a struggle of balancing grief and anger — the overwhelming sadness of losing a granddaughter she had raised from infancy and the anger of knowing that she was killed mercilessly.

My heart aches for this Grandmother. I'm glad to hear that she is a Christian, without that kind of comfort I don't know how the loved ones of murder victims go on with their lives.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/10/03/1782255/alleged-killers-of-dystiny-myers.html#ixzz1ZrnzTBVJ

Two separate juries will hear the case. One of the defendants has accepted a plea bargain and will testify against some of the others.

http://santamariatimes.com/news/loc...cle_4afdf630-0d1d-11e2-848d-0019bb2963f4.html

The alleged ring leader in the murder of 15-year-old Dystiny Myers of Santa Maria will face a separate jury when he and four others are tried in early 2013, a judge ruled Tuesday.

Ty Michael Hill, 29, of Santa Maria — the only one of the group facing the death penalty — will have a separate jury even though his trial will be conducted simultaneously with that of the other defendants.

Cody Lane Miller, 21, of Fresno and Nipomo residents Frank Jacob York, 21, Rhonda Maye Wisto, 49, and Jason Adam Greenwell, 22, face charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping, torture, aiding and abetting and numerous enhancements. All have pleaded not guilty.

A courtroom will be remodeled to accommodate the two 12-person juries as well several alternates for each.

Law Enforcement Testify in Dystiny Myers Murder

SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, Calif- Testimony continued Wednesday in the murder case of Dystiny Myers, the 15-year-old Santa Maria girl whose burned body was discovered two years ago. At times the testimony in this motion case is gruesome. "He also stated it was like killing a fly with a bazooka," said Deputy John Mckenney from the SLO Sheriff's Office, explaining what Cody Miller, a defendant in the murder said about Myers .

The motion was filed to determine what evidence will be admitted for trial. It all surrounds Cody Millers statements made the day Dystiny Myers was killed. "He told us that he participated because if he didn't he would be injured or something bad would happen to him basically," said Sheriff's Detective Eric Twisselman. A statement Miller told Sheriff Deputies and Fire Fighters.

Deputy John Mckenney was assigned to guard Miller while Miller was in the hospital after finding him on Park Hill Road, where Myers body was found burned. "Numerous times he had been looking around the emergency room trying to look through the windows trying to see if Ty Hill was going to come in and get him," said Mckenney.

According to testimony, Miller was ordered to keep Myers quiet and beat her. Mckenney said Miller told him he was also ordered to carry Myers up a hill and drop her in a hole. "He found himself lying in the hole after she had been dumped in there, he stood up, he got knocked back into the hole, he got up and started running, he was chased by Jacob and he said he didn't believe Jacob tried very hard to catch him," said Mckenney.

On November 17th, it will be decided what evidence from testimony heard over the last three days will be admitted into evidence for trial.

http://www.kcoy.com/story/20272899/law-enforcement-testify-in-dystiny-myers-murder

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back