CA CA - East Area Rapist aka The Original Night Stalker 1976-86

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the stone-garnet, ruby or what? Seems somewhat important

Had been looking to see if the ring belonged to the perp, but now thinking that it was a ring stolen by him from one of his victims. Although in one of the rough sketches, he appears to be wearing a ring.
The ring is referenced in this video, wish they gave more details about why this particular ring was pictured, possibly since it is vintage, someone might be more likely to recognize it , imo.

Clues Sought in Unsolved East Area Rapist Case, FBI

[video=youtube;bErC-Sfz8Jk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bErC-Sfz8Jk[/video]

woah I just did this and it was creepy as hell! Curious to see if anyone else did it and what your thoughts are.

Also did it, very creepy listening to that voice, surprised somewhat by my own responses to some of the questions
At the very end of the questionnaire, the photo i chose in the lineup was a somewhat older version than the young sounding voice i perceived.
Curious which photo you chose in the end, would reveal mine, but wonder if that would compromise the test?

https://driscoll.ntu.ac.uk/psy/index.html
This experiment is being run by Dr Harriet Smith (Lecturer in Psychology, Nottingham Trent University)
in collaboration with Dr Adam Perkins (Lecturer in the Neurobiology of Personality, King's College London).

It will take about 20 minutes in total, and should be completed in one session.
The experiment should be completed on a laptop/desktop computer, NOT on a smartphone/tablet.
Please do the experiment on your own in a quiet room so that you can give it your full attention.

The button below will redirect you to the experiment page. Before the experiment begins you will read further information about what your participation will involve. You will also be asked to provide informed consent.
Please note that you must be over 18 years of age to take part.

I found the composition of faces really challenge. I found likenesses between some faces but couldn't see how some of them could be of the same suspect at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.google.ca/search?q=east+area+rapist&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjamfTVmPLQAhUWwGMKHXUYA0cQ_AUICSgC&biw=1303&bih=631#imgrc=U6mZOOu7wNfg_M%3A

[url]https://www.google.ca/search?q=east+area+rapist&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjamfTVmPLQAhUWwGMKHXUYA0cQ_AUICSgC&biw=1303&bih=631#imgrc=XMs3Y0zvPVcbEM%3A

attachment.php
[/URL]

Attachments

• east-area-rapist.jpg
    east-area-rapist.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 160616182644-east-area-rapist-2-large-169.jpg
    160616182644-east-area-rapist-2-large-169.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 133
Okay the last large image scares me silly. That guy's eyes. They remind of the eyes the guy who kidnapped and raped Elizabeth Smart. Haunting and evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that most of the composites have longer hair. Does anyone know the dates of the composites off hand? I'm curious of the timing of it all.

General description of Ear:

-Eyes: Blue.
-Hair: Blonde or brown. Most victims' said it was brown.
-Had a small penis.
-Athletic body.
-Height: About 5'9"
-Spoke in whispers, probably to hide his high pitched voice.
-Sometimes shaved his legs.
-Very methodical.

Question RE: DNA...

I'm sure this has been asked before but...Can anything currently be done to test the DNA in databases like 23 and me, ancestry.com etc?

Also, I've seen it speculated that he may have had some kind of illness. I wonder if genetic testing could show anything about that?

Yea, he either had a disease or was a heavy drug user, that altered his biochemistry.

EAR was also a non-secretor. Which is another good clue. Only 20% of people in the world are non-secretors.

Wonder if EAR might have had diabetes, perhaps resulting in weight fluctuation and the need to fuel up by raiding fridges in victim's homes?

http://www.health-insight.co.uk/faq.asp

Non- secretors make up only 15% of the population but are dominant in nearly every immune system disorder:
• Non-secretors are more prone to generalised inflammation than secretors.
• Non-secretors are more prone to type 1/2 diabetes than secretors
• Non-secretors with type 1 diabetes have more problems with the yeast Candida albicans in their mouths and upper GI tracts
• Non secretors have an extra risk for recurrent urinary tract infections
• Non-secretors have an increased prevalence of a variety of autoimmune diseases, including ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, psoriatic arthropathy, Sjorgens syndrome, multiple sclerosis, and Graves disease.
• Non-secretors account for 80% of fibromyalgia sufferers irrespective of blood type
• Non secretors comprise about 15% of the population, but 80% of people doctors categorize as “complex” patients. They’re hard to diagnose properly and slow to cure

Diabetes could explain his weight loss from VR in 1975 to EAR in 1976 in a span of couple of months. VR was chubby/fat, EAR was slim.

But he could have also lost weight through heavy use of drugs.

LE believes EAR was either a cyclist or a swimmer, another way to lose weight.

Diabetes could explain his weight loss from VR in 1975 to EAR in 1976 in a span of couple of months. VR was chubby/fat, EAR was slim.

But he could have also lost weight through heavy use of drugs.

LE believes EAR was either a cyclist or a swimmer, another way to lose weight.

Easy to see why LE think EAR might have been a swimmer or cyclist, considering that he apparently shaved his legs.

http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outdoor-activities/triathlons/training/swimmers-shave-bodies.htm
Today, most swimmers shave much of their body hair off before a big competition. The practice gained popularity after the 1956 Olympics, when Murray Rose and Jon Henricks came shaved and won gold medals for Australia

http://www.livestrong.com/article/144471-why-do-male-cyclists-shave-their-legs/
Male road cyclists have been shaving their legs for over 100 years; it’s a tradition of the sport. Each new generation of young competitive cyclists naturally adopts the habits of those they aspire to be, so having shaved legs has become part and parcel of being perceived as a “serious cyclist.” The more serious you become about your cycling, the more shaving your legs becomes a way of fitting in with your cycling peers.

He was very likely a cyclist. In some of the cases, witnesses saw a masked man riding away in a cycle after an attack.

I found a great website called Quester files. Gian J Quasar has investigated this case very thoroughly, the most detailed comprehensive information I have seen yet. He goes through each crime from the first rape to the last murder, he includes dozens of pictures of the area. It is chilling to read each crime in such detail. While looking at the pictures and hearing the descriptions of the area it was interesting to compare the area in Sacramento he offended in to the area in Visalia. I'll tell you what I've lived her 16 years and some of the pictures of Sac could be Visalia if someone said it was Visalia I wouldn't argue. Even the style of houses are similar. I really suggest you check out Quester files, he also does not think VR is EAR, mainly because of physical appearance. I disagree, I think the similarity in crimes and specific signature style is so unique and the timing is suspicious. Would love to hear feed back if you all read the Quester file.

I found a great website called Quester files. Gian J Quasar has investigated this case very thoroughly, the most detailed comprehensive information I have seen yet. He goes through each crime from the first rape to the last murder, he includes dozens of pictures of the area. It is chilling to read each crime in such detail. While looking at the pictures and hearing the descriptions of the area it was interesting to compare the area in Sacramento he offended in to the area in Visalia. I'll tell you what I've lived her 16 years and some of the pictures of Sac could be Visalia if someone said it was Visalia I wouldn't argue. Even the style of houses are similar. I really suggest you check out Quester files, he also does not think VR is EAR, mainly because of physical appearance. I disagree, I think the similarity in crimes and specific signature style is so unique and the timing is suspicious. Would love to hear feed back if you all read the Quester file.

I agree, Quester files is the most informative site on EAR. All the cases are well detailed.

Also I agree about VR and EAR. Stacking dishes, ransacking and the timeline (VR disappeared in 1975 and EAR appeared couple of months later in 1976)makes it too much to be a coincidence. Unless EAR read about VR in the newspaper somewhere, and was inspired by him and started using his tactics

I made the mistake of listening about 3 this morning and haven't been able to sleep since. The voice is intentionally terrorizing. I could not understand everything said though. Can anyone make out the whole audio? It sounds like a tv is on in the background and maybe the tape is of a retape made at the scene because it also sounds like police radio talk in the background.
The knots he tied remind me of nautical knots. Of course you would learn them in the military too.
And I agree with the poster that mentioned BTK, this guys struck me as similar. I wonder if some of the sexual assaults where done after death. And like BTK he stopped for some reason. Got married? Had a family? Became stable with work? He is not so old he won't start up again. With so many victims this case should be very active still. Hard to believe someone could get away with so many crimes.

IwaswatchingdocumentariesaboutthistooandIcouldn'tsleep,sohorrific.

I believe he has been mocked for his small penis size all his life and that probably began the hatred for women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz