CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by SecretAgentMan, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefragile7393

thefragile7393 Chronically sleep deprived

Honestly it could go either way. I know many in the same age range who aren’t spry and I’m not going to be judging that he’s faking or not without evidence. It isn’t a fact right now. What are facts is that he is old and he isn’t in good health. None of it really matters since jail may well shorten whatever life he has left which is good for everyone involved.

2. SeekingJana

SeekingJana May I be the person my dogs think I am! :)

It's simply a way of stating that she's not an attorney who practices criminal law.
    There are 2 types of trials or legal procedures in court: Civil and criminal. Criminal cases are only taken by those attorneys skilled in criminal law practice and hopefully, criminal defense in front of the prosecution, jury, witnesses, and the officers of the court ( judge, etc). They go into different, more secure courtrooms than the civil cases in most cities.

Family law falls under the heading of Civil Law practice. Not Criminal Law practice.
    Doesn't mean she's less skilled, but that she usually would be expected to have very good people skills ( dealing with clients who are in a lot of pain, emotionally) and good negotiation skills as well. ( Quite a lot of family law involves a mediation process phase).

SkyBoomer likes this.
  3. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

4. Nevermind

Nevermind New Member

I have been a lurker on the forum since the Luka Magnotta case in 2012, but this is the first time I’ve actually posted after visiting the forum nearly everyday for years. I’m so happy this guy was caught. My heart goes out to his victims. It’s weird finally posting and being able to actively discuss such a HUGE case at that. There are some absolutely amazing people on this website and I love reading all of the information, theories, etc.
    I just have to add, this guy’s voice still creeps me out. Matching a face to those voice mails that have been around forever... disturbing.

SkyBoomer likes this.
  5. everybodhi

everybodhi Verified Cosmopolitan Bias

:hiding::tyou::nevermind:

6. Orville Butch

Orville Butch Member

7. GreyClay

GreyClay Active Member

Great link Orville!

The most amazing true crime podcast called 12-26-75 covered this case (and the VR and EAR cases) extremely well. Of course at the time (only 12 months ago) they copped a lot of flack from the "VR Couldn't Possibly Be EAR Under Any Circumstances" Brigade and didn't get much of an audience.

It is my great hope that now that they have be shown to be correct about VR being EAR that they win finally get the audience they deserve.

https://12-26-75.com/

Or just search the title 12-26-75 on iTunes!! :)

8. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

been trolling you tube for interviews starting to fire up with some goodies!
    according to the neighbours this man was nasty and yelled and screamed just in existence.
    so watching him in the courtroom I reckon he is dazed with disbelief that he has been caught and he is seething mad. looking at his body not his face you can see his blood is boiling.
    so happy for paul holes what a retirement gift!

9. Maradentro

Maradentro Active Member

I can't find the photo in the thread which shows the closeup from the town hall meeting. The one in which the man who resembles him is circled in purple. To me that looks exactly like him. I can't believe that image exists that clearly shows he attended that meeting. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

10. Maradentro

Maradentro Active Member

Circled in red actually.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

11. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

It may have already been posted (this thread moves so fast) but if you watch the raw video from yesterday https://youtu.be/LnkB1KZRm0w you can can see that he indeed does have a wound on the very top of his head. I suspect that item on the top of his head in his mug shot was a bandaid, as others suspected.

12. greenbean

greenbean Member

I just want to pop in and say hi and thanks to all the lovely posters here. I’ve been able to swing by and get quick links to all the info, a lot of your opinions are fascinating and I really appreciate the presence of so many advocates for the sexually assaulted online. Keep it up, lovelies!

13. bronk4

bronk4 Well-Known Member

...more proof added to my list that catching serial killers/murderers/etc is not an exact science and police-etc make mistakes/errors/misjudgments/etc
    --it's not that easy

14. bronk4

bronk4 Well-Known Member

yes--possibly, but 72 plus the monumental stress of being arrested can cause heart attacks/etc--I've links of this in many recent posts

15. nrdsb4

nrdsb4 Well-Known Member

I'm reading on other web sites that there may be a valid challenge to the use of familial DNA that led to JJD coming under suspicion. References to invasion of the relative's privacy, unauthorized use of DNA, etc.

Any lawyers here who could comment on that?

16. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

No link. But to quote an attorney interviewed for this case .If the public can use ged why not LE? Public data has no perceived protection.

17. heartgoesout

heartgoesout test

If I understand correctly they simply matched a DNA profile to someone who had theirs open for viewing in a website. The potluck dinner example was very helpful. I see nothing legally wrong with what they did.

18. heartgoesout

heartgoesout test

Anyone? Implant link?

19. colette

colette Well-Known Member

He was what was called a "non-secretor" which prohibits the person from showing their ABO blood type in their secretions.

These headlines are misleading, they were ruling people out. They make it sound like he was almost convicted or something.

SkyBoomer likes this.
  20. insatiable

insatiable Well-Known Member

Yup. AND This other mans family gave LE permission to test him. His daughter posted on a genealogy page this morning about it.

SkyBoomer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.