CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me there is no judge in America that would dismiss this case based on legality of how the DNA was acquired. This case is to grand and so many lives have been affected by this vermin. He will answer for his crimes. You can trust me on that one.

Judges rule by what the law says. Even if he is found guilty, the case will almost certainly be appealed all the way to the SCOTUS. As I said, it will be very interesting.

Judges rule by what the law says. Even if he is found guilty, the case will almost certainly be appealed all the way to the SCOTUS. As I said, it will be very interesting.

Nobody's privacy was invaded. The vermin's family member voluntarily submitted their dna to a public venue that has a disclaimer on how others can you use their dna. There is no legal question. If citizens can access that information then law enforcement can as well. That boat is not going fly. The vermin will die in prison I can put my life savings on it.

"IT" was from a crime scene.
Not collected from one?

Define "crime scene" [emoji39]
Lol

???????

“It” = evidence that contains DNA

Crime scene:
“The location of a crime scene can be the place where the crime took place, or can be any area that contains evidence from the crime itself. Scenes are not only limited to a location, but can be any person, place, or object *associated with the criminal behaviors that occurred*.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_scene

“LOL” ... why do you think it’s funny? Serious question.

I am sure they have stories to tell. Just have not heard a peep out of them, unless I missed it.

I am sure they have stories to tell. Just have not heard a peep out of them, unless I missed it.

His children will probably be keeping a low profile and planning to change their names by deed poll.

Posts have been removed.

This is not the venue for discussion/debate about the death penalty. This thread is for discussion of the case itself.

Pros and cons and heated discussion re the DP can go on forever and will never get resolved by debate on Websleuths or any other internet forum.

It sure will. And I hope we find out if there are more victims, if he was active between 1981 and 1986, and if he was active after 1986. I'm curious - do you think he is going to end up with an attorney who is prepared to take it all the way to the Supreme Court? How would he afford it? Would someone represent him pro bono? I don't know what to think and can see it going either way. Someone takes on his case and is determined to take it that far, or he ends up with someone who isn't very good and walks away when it's over.

It is widely reported that familial DNA through GEDmatch was used to find him. I'm wondering if this will help solve other cases like JonBenet, the Zodiac, and even Abby & Libby.

If it's that simple, I wonder why the FBI closed the D.B. Cooper case. They claim to have samples of his DNA. The same process should be able to identify him too.

If it's that simple, I wonder why the FBI closed the D.B. Cooper case. They claim to have samples of his DNA. The same process should be able to identify him too.

Maybe they think he poses no immediate threat atm. Maybe they think he's deceased or knows that he is?
I'm curious but I want violent offenders off the street first.
If D.B. Cooper becomes a hot topic I'm sure that case would crack next. Waiting for the Jon Benet Case.

Trust me there is no judge in America that would dismiss this case based on legality of how the DNA was acquired. This case is to grand and so many lives have been affected by this vermin. He will answer for his crimes. You can trust me on that one.

The law and personal opinion are two different things. A judge must follow the written law.

Thinking of the Col. Russell Williams case ( which still reminds me so much of the GGK) and how his wife filed for divorce shortly after his arrest.
Some believe that was a strategic move to protect assets in case victims tried to sue the estate.
Wondering if JJD's wife will now file for divorce in case a similar thing happens?
speculation.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/russell-williams-sued-by-victim-s-family-1.1237014
Russell Williams sued by victim's family

Former colonel pleaded guilty to first-degree murder of Jessica Lloyd of Belleville, Ont.

January 27, 2012

The mother and brother of murder victim Jessica Lloyd have filed a lawsuit against her killer, Russell Williams, as well as his wife.
Roxanne and Andy Lloyd are seeking $1 million in damages for pain and suffering. The claim also seeks $1 million in special damages, $1 million in punitive damages, and $1 million in aggravated damages
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...dpa-according-to-teen/?utm_term=.365e0467d22f
His wife does not appear to have lived with him in his later years (a neighbor told the Bee that they were divorced, while a KCRA News reporter said the couple remained “technically married, though estranged”), but he kept up his family life.
rbbm

Neither Washington or Oregon allow the use of familiar DNA.
These are the 12 states that do:
California
Arizona
Colorado
Florida
New York
Minnesota
Texas
Utah
Ohio
Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just wanted to throw out a couple of comments--I'm local to this case.

As far as him being "frail" in court. Local news anchor Walt Grey has been observing him and trying to get that coveted first interview and he posted this this morning:

"Oddly, he is trying to stay in control. Appearing in a wheelchair with eyes barely open and his voice just a whisper. He is trying to control the narrative. "

Second, I'm not even sure if the police are done at his house yet. They've been going through it ever since the arrest, bringing out multiple evidence bags every day. My hope is that he saved some of the items from the crimes to totally sew up the case. The "it's not fair about the DNA" voices are getting stronger here and I'm hoping they don't sway the eventual trial.

Third, we don't have a death penalty. Yes, it's on the books, but we can't seem to get past "the initial tranquilizer shot might hurt the person, so it's too inhumane" which was the claim made the last time we tried, and nothing has happened since.

Thank you all to all that you do here. Amazing work bringing all the facts together.

I shake my head that I use to be staunchly opposed to the death penalty but have been a strong believer for many years. As much as I would love for him to be executed... it would be a waste of taxpayer money at this point. It will only afford him countless undeserved appeals. The best way to go is a confession and guilty plea. For some reason it really bothers me that he could die while under appeal and wont have a successful prosecution on his record.

I would think most lawyers would agree that DNA Privacy rights will not apply in this particular case. DNA voluntarily submitted to a public venue that provides a disclaimer on how the DNA can be used by other 3rd parties. If the public can access this database then law enforcement can also use it to solve cases.

I don’t think it is that simple. There has to be a similar DNA match, on an open DNA website, that someone just happened to have their results as public. As LE states, they found a needle in a haystack.

I don’t think it is that simple. There has to be a similar DNA match, on an open DNA website, that someone just happened to have their results as public. As LE states, they found a needle in a haystack.

The vast majority of US population has not submitted their DNA to websites such as ancestry.com In other words law enforcement got extremely lucky with this case. Mr D'Angelo 40 years of luck ran out. Karma finally caught up to him.

All I've seen so far are "rumors say". I haven't seen that reported in MSM anywhere, but it's possible I've missed it.

Trigger warning: Gross sexual content

Regarding “pump”- there are many victims who said they heard noises (and smelled baby lotion) where he was basically masturbating immediately before the rapes. One description thought they heard a pump used- I’d thought they were referring to those old suction devices that were sold in the back of magazines, not an implant.
From his MO, it doesn’t seem anyone saw him except initially when he was name from the waist down and flaccid.
I think they were all blindfolded and basically hearing the noises that came from using a good deal of baby lotion and elbow grease.
I’m wondering if that one comment where someone imagined he was using a pump didn’t morph into the implant idea? Did they even exist in the 70’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The vast majority of US population has not submitted their DNA to websites such as ancenstry.com In other words law enforcement got extremely lucky with this case. Mr D'Angelo 40 years of luck ran out. Karma finally caught up to him.

I have never believed in karma, I think this case proves its nonexistance especially so since he lived a good life for 40 years after having done all of this. I am struggling with the moral implications of privacy and DNA, but opposingly I keep thinking if one of my relatives is killing and raping people they deserve to be caught swiftly. I am very ambivolent about it all.

China is a pretty civilized country. Over there a bullet would of been fired into his head after trial and conviction. Why should our tax dollars feed this scum for the rest of his days???

It’s still an oppressive regime with lots of social control and no free press.
Also, they shoot them in the head so they can sell the organs to the highest bidder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member