CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what he told his wife about the shoulder injury?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Just looked through suspect profiles in "Hunting a Psychopath" by Richard Shelby. He said perp would have a red complexion, maybe rosacea (info from witness observation). This guy's redness is noticeable in his mugshot.

When you hear about Mr Cruel, in Australia, you will be shocked.
If there is a connection!!!

JMO

WOW. I had never heard about Mr. Cruel till now. Could be onto something.

The timeline appears to fit with him maybe leaving US to visit Austrailia and then doing some evil deeds there for a bit.

If I have this right he pretty much stopped deeds in the US around 1986 according to this one article.

"From 1976 to 1986, one of the most violent serial criminals in American history terrorized communities throughout California."

http://www.lamag.com/longform/in-the-footsteps-of-a-killer/

Then according to this Austrailia related article about "Mr Cruel" those began around 1987. This could very well be the same guy if he went there to avoid getting caught and started new crimes there.

"1987–1990 (3 attacks)"
""Mr Cruel" is an Australian paedophilic serial rapist who attacked three girls in the northern and eastern suburbs of Melbourne in the late 1980s and early 1990s and is the prime suspect in the abduction and murder of a fourth girl."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Cruel

The homecoming queen dodged a bullet and married someone else. I love to see her interviewed.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ear3a.jpg
    ear3a.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 469
  • ear3.jpg
    ear3.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 463
I was in high school when the attacks in the Sacramento area happened in the late 1970's. The EAR moved from the east area to the south area of Sacramento because of intense police and private citizen patrols using the then popular CB radios.

There's a creek behind my parents house in the south area of Sacramento. The EAR was known to use creeks to travel undetected. I remember police helicopters flying up and down the creek with their bright light shining on several nights. He was also known to climb on the roofs of homes to do surveillance.

I personally didn't see what happened one night in 1978 but some friends of mine saw what had to be the EAR. A couple of my friends where hanging out late at night in front of one friends house down the street from where I lived.

My friend saw a man on his next door neighbors roof. He was a dumb 17 year old kid so what did he do? He jumped on the neighbors roof chasing after this guy. The guy jumped off the roof into the home's backyard and then jumped the fence into the backyard of the home directly behind. He yelled this information to the friend below.

All of the jumping,running and yelling on the neighbors roof got the home owners attention. He came out with a shotgun. Luckily my friend wasn't shot.

The other friend that stayed on the ground jumped into his car (1967 Ranchero) drove around the corner and saw a guy taking off in a VW bug, He chased the guy. So he chases the VW at high speed for a only a couple of miles when a SACPD car lights him up and pulls him over.

My friend tells him what happened, the cop lets him go, telling him to go home. The VW was long gone by then. Years later I've read about the EAR using a VW.

I believe to this day that my friends had an encounter with the EAR.

I've always thought that he would never be caught for his crimes but am extremely happy he is finally facing justice.

Have they taken a moment from patting themselves on the back yet? Have any of the actual detectives who worked these cases been mentioned? Have they mentioned the accused was a cop? Have they said anything yet about how they determined he is the GSK/EAR?

I thought the same dang thing. Egad! They almost broke their arms patting themselves on the back. Silly.

Never too late for justice.:happydance:

If he indeed is the monster, he dishonoured the badge and wrecked countless lives in the process.

Here's to hoping it will help his surviving victims and all others concerned move on somewhat.

I was in high school when the attacks in the Sacramento area happened in the late 1970's. The EAR moved from the east area to the south area of Sacramento because of intense police and private citizen patrols using the then popular CB radios.

There's a creek behind my parents house in the south area of Sacramento. The EAR was known to use creeks to travel undetected. I remember police helicopters flying up and down the creek with their bright light shining on several nights. He was also known to climb on the roofs of homes to do surveillance.

I personally didn't see what happened one night in 1978 but some friends of mine saw what had to be the EAR. A couple of my friends where hanging out late at night in front of one friends house down the street from where I lived.

My friend saw a man on his next door neighbors roof. He was a dumb 17 year old kid so what did he do? He jumped on the neighbors roof chasing after this guy. The guy jumped off the roof into the home's backyard and then jumped the fence into the backyard of the home directly behind. He yelled this information to the friend below.

All of the jumping,running and yelling on the neighbors roof got the home owners attention. He came out with a shotgun. Luckily my friend wasn't shot.

The other friend that stayed on the ground jumped into his car (1967 Ranchero) drove around the corner and saw a guy taking off in a VW bug, He chased the guy. So he chases the VW at high speed for a only a couple of miles when a SACPD car lights him up and pulls him over.

My friend tells him what happened, the cop lets him go, telling him to go home. The VW was long gone by then. Years later I've read about the EAR using a VW.

I've always thought that he would never be caught for his crimes but am extremely happy he is finally facing justice.

I'll bethe first to admit I'm not up on the details of ear/ons but why didn't the FBI give foot chase to DeAngelo?

Wow. Amazing.

This case is huge and its starting to really blow up news wise now.

Another special again tomorrow on HLN about the case. By this weekend I bet 20/20 or Dateline or Nightline or whatever will start to have episodes with the latest.

I totally don't get the Mr Cruel association. None of the Golden State Killer's victims (that I'm aware of) was underage, while none of Mr Cruel's victims was adult.

Another example of how lucky EAR/GSK was back then.......the cops light up the guy chasing the supposed bad guy, all the whole, the bad guy gets away......you can't make this stuff up, boggles the mind how lucky this guy was with getting away.

I totally don't get the Mr Cruel association. None of the Golden State Killer's victims (that I'm aware of) was underage, while none of Mr Cruel's victims was adult.
well the DA did say there was no connection...

Yeah, I've been wondering that too. Just like the BTK killer, Dennis Rader did. He was a member of a BTK sleuthing community when he was committing his own crimes. I heard he was actively engaged in online discussions about his own murders and gave insights about the murderer (himself). :facepalm:

Wait, What? I didn't know BTK was doing that? Do you happen to know where I can find this info?

One of GSK's victim was 14-years-old. But even that is a stretch, the vast majority were adults.

I'm so confused by this article!? How old this babysitter and her parents?!
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Parents-of-babysitter-for-East-Area-Rapist-12865027.php

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Parents-of-babysitter-for-East-Area-Rapist-12865027.php

Bob and Jeannie moved to the Citrus Heights neighborhood in 1982, four years before DeAngelo’s last alleged attack.
“He was always a little different,” Bob said, shrugging. “He would always ask how my daughter was doing and how she did a good job babysitting.”
DeAngelo was divorced, Jeannie and Bob said, and his two daughters were about 6 to 8 years old at the time their daughter looked after the children.
“They were there most of the time,” Bob said. “Seemed like normal kids. Both of them moved out. One of his daughters has already had kids.”
DeAngelo apparently had the babysitter at his house for a few hours in the evening but never overnight, Jeannie said, adding that her daughter never raised any concerns. Jeannie couldn’t help but worry, and hopes that her daughter would feel comfortable enough to tell her if something did happen.
“Our daughter is a quiet kid,” Jeannie said softly. “She liked his kids.”
DeAngelo recently retired after working out of a Pepsi warehouse as a foreman, the parents said. He often spent time in his garage fixing up his motorcycle and boat, leaving the light on at night and the door open, they said.

It was also a hiring requirement in the late-1970s. I knew people who went through the hiring process at a couple of California police departments at that time.
I have a friend who joined the LAFD in the early 80's and had to take a polygraph...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member