CA CA - Eileen Hynson, 19, Napa, 1 June 1976

Sent. Wish we knew when the photo was taken. The gal in the photo doesn't appear to have tweezed eyebrows like Eileen. Also am not sure about the nose.

Ugh! I was so sure now the lips don't look right.

Ugh! I was so sure now the lips don't look right.

Hopefully someone will answer me to get her considered; even then I'm not sure how they will figure out if it is Eileen or not. Her features look close. The girl in the black & white doesn't look happy so her lips looking smaller could be due to that.

I have a list of about 50 women who appear to have been abducted and murdered by sexual predators in the greater SF Bay Area during the 1970's. Eileen Hynson is one of them but I can find very little information about her case. The big question is her activities on the day she was last seen. We do not know if she actually left for Benitia. (The issue of her suitcase being left at home suggests some doubt). If she did, what was her mode of transportation? We would then need to know where near Lake Berryessa did she actually live. There are different routes she might have taken.

Lake Berryessa is rather remote with no population centers very close. It is at lest 25 miles (45 minute drive) from Napa and much further to Santa Rosa. There is no reason to link her case to the Santa Rosa cases. I am unaware of any other similar cases that occurred near the Lake. Closer to Benita, she would be in the East Bay suburbs where a number of similar cases occurred.

The picture does look a lot like the Bradford photo but he lived in Los Angeles and that would have been over 400 miles away. Is there anything in either of their known histories that would place them in the same general vicinity?

He also says there hasn't been a list released of who the girls in the photos are so maybe LE knows and just didn't release it to the public. He also made suggestions as to who some of the people are.

This is very interesting. From what I can tell, most of the photos have been identified and the models are alive and well. There are 4 that have been tentatively identified as murder victims who's bodies were found in remote areas north of LA. What is known of their lifestyle would not be inconsistent with modeling. The trouble is that there is no scientific way to verify that two photographs are of the same person.

The Reddit poster has linked more of the photos to known missing women. Some look quite close, others I'm no convinced. Eileen sure looks like #40.

One significant difference between these and the ones that LE has identified is that all of them were dumped where they were found. There seems to be a probable pattern of luring women on a pretense of a modeling shot and them killing them and dumping the body without any effort to conceal it. There is no known pattern of forcibly abducting women or of concealing the bodies where they would not be found. Except for two possible cases, all were in the LA area but Bradford did travel around although I am not aware he has been placed in the SF Bay Area.

Apparently no LE agency has been willing to invest serious money in this investigation since Bradford is dead and without forensic evidence, none of the cases might really be solvable. In light of the very close resemblance to the picture, it would be worthwhile to find specific details of her disappearance.

I have to concur with the majority here... The Bradford pic in my opinion is Eileen. However I would be willing to bet that LE knows it and this info is not knee to them. If they don't know at least about the similarities yet, they should be ashamed to call themselves investigators....great job on the catch though to whoever in this thread caught that.

I could have swore there used to be a family FB group for Eileen back in 2013. I just did a search of my emails, am not seeing the approval notification. A friend and I used to work our main Jane Doe cases in a secret group, I can't find any record of me posting about it there either. I don't know if I'm remembering wrong or what.

Eileen F Hynson - California Birth Index

Napa Detectives Seek Clues to Unsolved Deaths - Investigators with Napa County's cold case unit have added three more names to the list of homicides and disappearances they believe can still be solved. By Marsha Dorgan (Open Post) - May 23, 2012 8:55 pm ET
Eileen Hynson, 19, disappeared from the Lake Berryessa resort area in June 1976. According to her father, she left a residence at one of the resorts on route to a bridal party dress fitting in Benicia. She never arrived.

The circumstances surrounding her disappearance have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database as well as the national database at namus.gov. A photograph of her can be viewed at findthemissing.org.

I am very interested in the abductions and murders of young women in the SF Bay Area in the 70's. I have list of about 50. I suspect at least 3 serial killers were operating that have not been identified but many may have been one shot capers. In many of the cases, not enough information is available to make a call.

If Eileen was one of Bradford's victims, that would certainly open up a whole new angle for consideration. What I am still bothered with is the question of the circumstances of disappearance. What was her means of transportation? Drive, (if so, what happened to her car?), catch a ride with someone (who?) or hitchhike? The reference to her suitcase being left at home suggests some doubt that she had actually departed for Benitia. What is the story?

Is her family still looking for her? Why was she living with her brother and dad and not her mom? Where was her mom? Wa she in college? How long before she was noticed missing?

I just tried following up on my 2 emails about Eileen and photo number 40 after speaking to one of Eileen's cousins who also ran into the number 40 photo, her family feels it's Eileen. They think she looks a little older then when she disappeared. She said they've never given up looking for her.

So, what happens now?Are her family contacting the police re the photos?

I hope picture 40 is Eileen, even though that probably means that she's not with us anymore. If indeed, it's my first identification!

I hope picture 40 is Eileen, even though that probably means that she's not with us anymore. If indeed, it's my first identification!

You should try to make some phone calls since no one is replying to me. Here is the history

Newest emails - Sep 15, 2016
Email to sheriff@countyofnapa.org
date: Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 9:15 AM
subject: Re: Case number NSD10-000297 Eileen Hynson

Email to to: webemail@lasd.org
date: Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 9:18 AM
subject: Re: Missing Woman - Photo Number 40. Photo Credit: Los Angeles Sheriff's Department

attachment.php
What about picture 40 of the William Richard Bradford collection? http://crime.about.com/od/missing/ig/50missingwomen/missingwomen40.htm

I sent an email to webemail@lasd.org
Sent. Wish we knew when the photo was taken. The gal in the photo doesn't appear to have tweezed eyebrows like Eileen. Also am not sure about the nose.

Eileen's NamUs profile
Napa County Sheriff - email sheriff@countyofnapa.org
Missing Woman - Photo Number 40

hynson_eileen.jpg
attachment.php
hynson_eileen2.jpg

This mailbox is not monitored on a 24-hour basis. To report an urgent or in-progress law enforcement matter, please contact the Sheriff's Dispatch Center at (707) 253-4451. Thank you

Lt. Oscar Ortiz with the Napa Sheriff's Dept. got back to me
Thank you for your correspondence related to our missing person case, and the similar photo from an unidentified woman in a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department case.

I believe this possible match has been brought to our attention before. The pictures are similar, but difficult to say for sure (there are some differences). We will follow-up with previous investigators from Napa to see what was learned.

We will also follow-up with Los Angeles County detectives.

If you have any more information about which serial killer case the web-link slide show ,that is being investigated by Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, that would also be helpful (they’ve had a few down there). That would help us get into contact with the right detective in LASD.

Good! I will try and see if I can get more clues out of the Bradford photo.

Even though picture 40 has her mouth open just a bit, I think that her lateral incisor is crooked just like Eileen's. The one on our left.

And, both girls have noticable tear troughs.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back