CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of any believable motive? Check.

Early reports of additional suspects? Check.

Prior mental health 'treatment?' Check.

Involvement by the FBI/BATF? Check.

This guy is firing on all cylinders, as far as the profile goes for these types of shootings. Next, look for prior contact with a military recruiter, gaps in his timeline where no one knows where he was, video of him displaying or shooting his guns, wearing an all-black outfit for the rampage perhaps including a black trenchcoat, the use of SSRI drugs, an 'expressionless' look on the shooter's face, and politicians pushing for more gun control in the aftermath.

I found it interesting that on this forum, ER is referred to as an Aspie, meaning Aspergers. I picked up on a AS vibe from that video for sure (watched before reading that), having lived with a brother with AS. The "scripting" and social ineptitude are very familiar. For the record, I don't consider any diagnosis an excuse in any way, I just think it's interesting. Do we know if ER had a diagnosis of this nature? I haven't read all replies, sorry if I'm duplicating.
http://www.businessinsider.com/ucsb-shooting-forum-associated-with-elliot-rodger-reacts-2014-5

ONLINE FORUM FOR SEXUALLY FRUSTRATED MEN REACTS TO NEWS THAT MASS SHOOTER MAY BE ONE OF THEIR OWN

Quote: " Someone with the user name EliotRodger was a regular poster on an online message board called PUAhate, on which men who have been unlucky with women commiserate, criticize one another, excoriate the opposite sex, and denounce PUA's, or pick-up artists - - dating gurus whom they accuse of preying on desperate men like themselves for financial gain."

(More at link above...)

I going to guess that he was a weirdo and a jerk and that's what turned the girls off.

JMHO, but looking at his FB page, he was very self-centered. Did you see all those selfies? The "I'M MAGNIFICENT" as a descriptor? Or, "D*M I look good". This turns off most women I know.

After watching his YT video, he comes across as artsy-fartsy. You can take that as someone who doesn't know if they are straight, gay, or both. A definite identify crisis seemed to be going on there. Maybe it's the lip gloss he was wearing, I don't know.

Very disturbing indeed, and I hope all his victims (dead and alive) find some peace.

MOO

Mel

Strange how the witnesses kept seeing two perps:

http://www.keyt.com/news/shooting-in-isla-vista/26152454
Michael Vitak, a student from the Czech Republic, told (NewsChanne 3 reporter Victoria )Sanchez what he witnessed.
"Guys in a BMW. Maybe they were trying to prove they're tough," Vitak said during a live televised interview.
--One woman identified as Sierra told Sanchez she was approached by two men in a black BMW. The driver flashed a small black handgun and asked '"Hey, what's up?"'

http://www.newspress.com/Top/Article/article.jsp?Section=LOCAL&ID=566991909294309402
Kevin de Bree... he saw a black BMW pull up to the 7-Eleven. It looked like someone was leaning out of the car, and there was such chaos that De Bree at first thought there must’ve been two people in the BMW.

I recognize that eye witness reports can be influenced by lighting, past experiences, time limit, etc..... And can, therefore, be inaccurate...

but it is still interesting to me that there were multiple accounts of a possible second person in the car with ER...

:waitasec:

I found it interesting that on this forum, ER is referred to as an Aspie, meaning Aspergers. I picked up on a AS vibe from that video for sure (watched before reading that), having lived with a brother with AS. The "scripting" and social ineptitude are very familiar. For the record, I don't consider any diagnosis an excuse in any way, I just think it's interesting. Do we know if ER had a diagnosis of this nature? I haven't read all replies, sorry if I'm duplicating.

Didn't Adam Lanza have a diagnosis of Aspergers? I don't know about ER, but folks with Aspergers definitely have difficulty with social interaction. Adam, if I recall, was also a loner who didn't have a girlfriend or sexual partner.

I found this article interesting - disputing Aspergers and violent tendencies.

http://www.disabled-world.com/editorials/violent.php

MOO

Mel

I don't know what his diagnosis is. Malignant narcissism IMO.
He "likes" his own pics on Facebook?
My guess is male or female no one would have a relationship with him. He was already in love with himself. So, he killed 2 girls and 4 guys right? I feel bad for those that were shot, but ugh, the stabbing sounds awful.
***I see 3 Facebook accounts for him. 2 in Santa Barbara and one in Calabasas ...

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

JMHO, but looking at his FB page, he was very self-centered. Did you see all those selfies? The "I'M MAGNIFICENT" as a descriptor? Or, "D*M I look good". This turns off most women I know.

After watching his YT video, he comes across as artsy-fartsy. You can take that as someone who doesn't know if they are straight, gay, or both. A definite identify crisis seemed to be going on there. Maybe it's the lip gloss he was wearing, I don't know.

Very disturbing indeed, and I hope all his victims (dead and alive) find some peace.

MOO

Mel

Good catch on the lip gloss, and I agree, had to have had an identity crisis going on. All that anger towards women, but he also stabs his three male roommates? I wonder if he killed them to punish them or to silence them?

Yes, he did. I haven't researched violent tendencies in relation to AS, it's just too personal for me I guess. It's scary in a way...I guess I am afraid to see? My brother presents as a very very typical Aspie. His interaction is scripted, he's done it since about age 4. Rants to himself, is a troll on the internet (lol), has intense obsessions with certain things that others are often uncomfortable with, zero social skills, a 30 year old virgin afaik.. On and on... I don't believe he's a violent person, but I suppose that's anecdotal.
Didn't Adam Lanza have a diagnosis of Aspergers? I don't know about ER, but folks with Aspergers definitely have difficulty with social interaction. Adam, if I recall, was also a loner who didn't have a girlfriend or sexual partner.

I found this article interesting - disputing Aspergers and violent tendencies.

http://www.disabled-world.com/editorials/violent.php

MOO

Mel

WHY didn't he commit suicide and let the others live?
The person he truly hated was himself.

I don't know what his diagnosis is. Malignant narcissism IMO.
He "likes" his own pics on Facebook?
My guess is male or female no one would have a relationship with him. He was already in love with himself. So, he killed 2 girls and 4 guys right? I feel bad for those that were shot, but ugh, the stabbing sounds awful.
***I see 3 Facebook accounts for him. 2 in Santa Barbara and one in Calabasas ...

Are you including his 3 male room mates?

He mentioned seeing a psychiatrist named Dr Charles Sophy. Apparently, the psych had a couple of twenty-something counselors, one male and one female, work with ER. He stated that Dr Sophy recommended he take a medication (sorry, don't recall the name), but ER decided not to take it.

He didn't seem especially angry with the therapists, IMO. In fact, the only bad thing he had to say about the male counselor was that women found him attractive.

Ughhh, as in "the" Dr. Charles Sophy, the quack from Dr. Phil, who also treated Russell and Taylor Armstrong (before Russell offed himself), then went on to shortly date Taylor (from Real Housewives). He's been wildly accused of treating the rich and famous and neglecting his real job of working for the Department of Children and Family Services.

Wonder if this is the same person:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/02/entertainment/la-et-0903-housewives-sophy-20110903

MOO

Mel

So I just skimmed that boring "manifesto", blah. He should have taken notes from Christopher Dorner, *that* was a manifesto. (Disclaimer: not intended to glorify CD!)The last page was a jaw dropper though, wow.

"There is something twisted and wrong with the way their brains are wired", he says about women.... Project much?

Are you including his 3 male room mates?

Yes, I was. If he was so mad at women, why kill 3 men before you set off to kill women? Oh yeah to behead them and throw their heads at women's feet.
Wonder why that didn't happen?
Cause it's hard to saw someone's head off?

Yes, I was. If he was so mad at women, why kill 3 men before you set off to kill women? Oh yeah to behead them and throw their heads at women's feet.
Wonder why that didn't happen?
Cause it's hard to saw someone's head off?

IDK, Maybe he hated everyone.

What a disturbed person.

Can you imagine his rage when he was again rejected at the door of the sorority when not one girl would open the door and let him in? I shudder to think how many girls would have died if just one had opened the door.

Can you imagine his rage when he was again rejected at the door of the sorority when not one girl would open the door and let him in? I shudder to think how many girls would have died if just one had opened the door.

Really! Thank goodness they didn't!
Going out on a limb here...
I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of girls knew of him. That probably wasn't the first time he knocked on a sorority door and no one answered.
He just seems like "that guy" that people try and avoid.

I am sorry if he really had mental health issues, but I've never seen a narcissistic aspie.
(Or a unicorn)

Isn't that the truth? He was full of rage when he arrived and as you said he was rejected at the door..

:eek: ..thank goodness those girls trusted their instincts to not answer that door.

Exactly what I was thinking tonight. If he had gotten inside that door--oh my God--he would have slaughtered as many girls as he could have seen. I am so glad none of them answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288