CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #3

Discussion in 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks' started by Coldpizza, May 24, 2014.

1. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

Has anyone established whether this fool had been "roommate matched"

really good question in light of his views on minorities.........

2. CARIIS

But the problem with this focus is there is no real way to cease this, or guns, someone that is thinking about killing a bunch of people is not going to say OH it is againist the law for me have one of these. That IMO is just not realistic, so it becmes ONLY about what might really intervene here that is doable - funding, and if that fails, well we all be very busy here on WS !

Is about foucsing on what can really be done to intervene........

Let pretend..........day after tomm not one more gun is allowed to be purchased in AMerica. Well, there are 496 million registered one and god knows how many not ----kinda silly IMO

As the last year has proven it is just a meritless distraction - preventing DOABLE (maybe) addressing this .... same with internet, it is not going to be controlled, same with violent games unenforceable - our only choice is to try to do something that, as a society we might be able to have some meaningful intervention..........

3. CARIIS

except the US

has to be a reason..............

4. Quester

Quester New Member

RSBM for focus

I can only image ER was "roommate matched". JMO

On the Capri website it states:

- - - > Who filled out the "roommate matching profile form" and
    other forms when ER's paperwork was submitted???

5. CARIIS

Talk to everyone in their lives about their behavioral history.

Fiscally impossible,that is why this keeps getting worse, we need to focus on doable stuff. the rest is great discussion here (!) not gonna happen , we must find realistic , implemtal deal I vote for instantly stop growing lettuce in space and send those funds right here!!!!!NOW! Realistic doable

6. CARIIS

HIPAA law

Oh god it was a hassle billions of dollars training, forms,just BS confidentality and priviledged communication were very well established , for years, total bunch of govt coming up with a stupid waste of resources, in a system that was already working

S T U P I D

7. CARIIS

MO IMO IMO Classic Borderline Personality Disorder -IMO IMO IMO IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Borderline personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

8. CARIIS

Not sure if this accurate, but worth pondering, we have become a two working parent society - I kinda think other nations there is a "at home mom", providing structure morals etc

In the animal kingdom mom does not let her babies be "left alone" untill ........I think that is huge here in US - what is the solution to that angle no clue

but I think a major issue with all this .....

9. CARIIS

Luka Mag, imo SOCIOPATH!

10. CARIIS

OR.....A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts..............

11. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

12. Quester

Quester New Member

13. BigCat

BigCat New Member

BBM

Good point.

Probably add another layer of bureaucracy to be staffed by law enforcement officers and mental health professionals. Never mind that ER had contact with both law enforcement officers and mental health professionals numerous times in his life. It's not their fault he went on a rampage. The solution is we just need MORE law enforcement officers and mental health professionals.

I think the Anti-Federalists (the politicians who supported the insertion of the Bill of Rights in the Constitution) understood that he greatest danger we face is the intrusive powers of the state.

JMO

14. lawstudent

lawstudent Member

I also think it is clear that these events have a huge copycat association. In the U.S., we're always talking about guns, shootings, mental health, etc. - these topics are more taboo in some countries. I live in an upper middle class town that had a bizarre amount of high school suicides in the last few years - they keep holding all these assemblies trying to "fix" it, but I think the more attention they give, the more kids consider it. I believe the number of incidents is a direct result of being exposed to it so consistently, because there doesn't seem to be anything else explaining it.

15. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

Oh ..and Anders Breivik.

16. minor4th

From reading the manifesto it seems the only reason he killed the roommates - in particular- was to get them out of the way so he could lure others to his apartment to torture and kill them.

He was mad at the whole world. He wasn't that discriminating in his targets IMO

17. minor4th

I hate to say this but I don't think there is a doable option that will stop rampage killings.

18. BigCat

BigCat New Member

Sometimes the copycatting is explicit. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold set out with the intention of topping Timothy McVeigh's body count. They even chose the date of their rampage, April 20th, because of McVeigh. And Seung-Hui Cho idolized the Columbine killers and chose a date in April (the 16th, I believe) as well.

19. HMSHood

HMSHood Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

I thought that too. I also thought Seung-Hui Cho, Andrew Cunanan, and Lori Drew.

20. HMSHood

HMSHood Admiral-Class Battlecruiser

I tend to think that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were very angry that Timothy McVeigh was sentenced to die in Denver and in the Supermax Prison in nearby Florence.

They were also angry that Ramzi Yousef and Ted Kaczynski were there too around the time McVeigh entered that prison. Even though this is not mentioned by them, but makes you wonder if it was related to those series of imprisonments. This is what I think.