CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #3

I only caught bits of the show, purposely trying to avoid it. It just pizzed me off. The more media attention placed on this guy, the more likely it will be for someone else to commit a similar act, IMO. I have no idea why that father wanted to sit and speak with BW and answer her idiotic questions at this time. And that's saying something, because I generally like her interviews. It seemed like a disgusting ploy for sympathy and attention by the father.

I, too, don't understand why media puts so much emphasis on the shooters. This is what they want. They feel their lives are meaningless and they are not important but going out like that will make them famous forever in their eyes. Stop doing it! And they wonder why there are so many mass shootings.

@ MyBelle from about a whole thread ago: when my step-son kicked in our door it broke the door frame and ripped the lock mechanism out of the door and tore off the dry wall. When that happens there is no way to lock the door. The wood part for the dead bolt to go into was torn out.

Dale Launer, who was asked by Elliot's father to help him talk to girls, has spoken out. Says Elliot 'was broken from conception'.

He also said the more he tried to help Elliot, the more he became aware it wasn't possible. He says Elliot had a huge amount of vanity, so when he asked him if he thought he was good looking, Elliot replied, 'I am magnificent.'

When told to pay a girl a compliment he demanded, 'Why should I? Why don't they compliment me?'

Thing is, this doesn't really gel with what his father said about being there no signs of illness to me. But of course it is possible friends might see a child was obviously 'broken' while parents might not, I think.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-says-virgin-killer-thought-magnificent.html

Dale Launer, who was asked by Elliot's father to help him talk to girls, has spoken out. Says Elliot 'was broken from conception'.

He also said the more he tried to help Elliot, the more he became aware it wasn't possible. He says Elliot had a huge amount of vanity, so when he asked him if he thought he was good looking, Elliot replied, 'I am magnificent.'

When told to pay a girl a compliment he demanded, 'Why should I? Why don't they compliment me?'

Thing is, this doesn't really gel with what his father said about being there no signs of illness to me. But of course it is possible friends might see a child was obviously 'broken' while parents might not, I think.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-says-virgin-killer-thought-magnificent.html

It is becoming more clear that Elliot Rodger is an extreme narcissist. He has an extreme sense of entitlement. Rodger is the biggest narcissist outside of Andrew Cunanan, Eric Harris, Lori Drew, and Casey Anthony.

Since I have BPD (among other MI’s) and I've been on both Xanax and Valium, and I have a history of substance abuse, I thought I'd chime in.
Firstly if you look at the side effects listed on an info leaflet and compare that to what people report online, there's a huge difference, and the true stats are not reflected in the Pharm Co's info. To report a side effect the Pharm Co tells you that in order for it to be added to their internal data for research, you must sign a waiver to all of your medical records, which most people don't want to do....and they know that. When I did it and actually agreed to sign the waiver, they definitely weren't expecting it.
Valium was the first benzo I was put on (by a psychiatrist in the psych ward) which really helped with my anxiety issues. I’m pretty sure the substance abuse issue they note is more about the addictive quality of Valium and Xanax.
A couple of months after being on the Valium, my Pdoc switched me to Xanax..I can't really remember why...it might have been because the Xanax is considered stronger and starting at its lower dose would be the equivalent of a higher valium dose. (40mg of Valium per day is the highest prescribing dose allowed)
Apparently 20mg Valium= 1mg Xanax
Xanax did a great job of calming my anxiety quickly, but because of it’s very short half-life it was only effective for about 2-3 hrs.
Valium also has a short half-life, and for me it’s effective for around 6-7 hrs.
Eventually I asked my doctor to switch me back to the valium (which I’m still on today- prescribed by my psych now) because I hated what the Xanax was doing to me.
Neither of these benzo’s are designed for regular, long term use (which I need), but Xanax is only supposed to be used rarely for sudden onset anxiety like panic attacks. So it works fast, and wears off fast…really fast! I’d go from feeling ‘normal’ to really, really irritable, hypersensitive and plain pissed off with and about everything within minutes. It wasn’t just a sudden return of anxious feelings, it was uncharacteristic anger that happened every single time the effects started to wear off. And it didn’t take months for it to have that effect.
With Valium, I never really notice it wearing off or have any sudden angry withdrawal-like symptoms like I did with the Xanax.

I don’t know how often ER used it, but I can definitely see how Xanax could potentially be dangerous when used by a person who’s already crazy-angry at the world.

On a separate note, it stung a little bit to read the part of your post saying Borderlines have attention seeking behaviours...I know it's true in many cases, but 'just being an attention seeker' was an accusation thrown at me more than once, even by a mental health 'professional' that messed with my head even more, created trust issues and delayed my correct dx'es and treatments.
I do see some BPD features in ER, and the not-so-well-known facts of BPD could be very significant in this case...which I'll post about later.

Since I have BPD (among other MI’s) and I've been on both Xanax and Valium, and I have a history of substance abuse, I thought I'd chime in.
Firstly if you look at the side effects listed on an info leaflet and compare that to what people report online, there's a huge difference, and the true stats are not reflected in the Pharm Co's info. To report a side effect the Pharm Co tells you that in order for it to be added to their internal data for research, you must sign a waiver to all of your medical records, which most people don't want to do....and they know that. When I did it and actually agreed to sign the waiver, they definitely weren't expecting it.
Valium was the first benzo I was put on (by a psychiatrist in the psych ward) which really helped with my anxiety issues. I’m pretty sure the substance abuse issue they note is more about the addictive quality of Valium and Xanax.
A couple of months after being on the Valium, my Pdoc switched me to Xanax..I can't really remember why...it might have been because the Xanax is considered stronger and starting at its lower dose would be the equivalent of a higher valium dose. (40mg of Valium per day is the highest prescribing dose allowed)
Apparently 20mg Valium= 1mg Xanax
Xanax did a great job of calming my anxiety quickly, but because of it’s very short half-life it was only effective for about 2-3 hrs.
Valium also has a short half-life, and for me it’s effective for around 6-7 hrs.
Eventually I asked my doctor to switch me back to the valium (which I’m still on today- prescribed by my psych now) because I hated what the Xanax was doing to me.
Neither of these benzo’s are designed for regular, long term use (which I need), but Xanax is only supposed to be used rarely for sudden onset anxiety like panic attacks. So it works fast, and wears off fast…really fast! I’d go from feeling ‘normal’ to really, really irritable, hypersensitive and plain pissed off with and about everything within minutes. It wasn’t just a sudden return of anxious feelings, it was uncharacteristic anger that happened every single time the effects started to wear off. And it didn’t take months for it to have that effect.
With Valium, I never really notice it wearing off or have any sudden angry withdrawal-like symptoms like I did with the Xanax.

I don’t know how often ER used it, but I can definitely see how Xanax could potentially be dangerous when used by a person who’s already crazy-angry at the world.

On a separate note, it stung a little bit to read the part of your post saying Borderlines have attention seeking behaviours...I know it's true in many cases, but 'just being an attention seeker' was an accusation thrown at me more than once, even by a mental health 'professional' that messed with my head even more, created trust issues and delayed my correct dx'es and treatments.
I do see some BPD features in ER, and the not-so-well-known facts of BPD could be very significant in this case...which I'll post about later.

Interesting. Histrionic Personality Disorder is known for attention seeking behaviors. I think of Borderline as more to do with emotional volatility and black and white thinking, something I would see more in someone like Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, or Jodi Arias.

Killer Elliot Rodger Had Xanax In System When He Shot 6 People Near The University Of California Santa Barbara

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/10/rodger-elliot-xanax-system/

Thanks for posting the above but UGH!

I don't trust anything the parents have to say! JMO

A young man who "was likely addicted to Xanax", "withdrawn, lonely, isolated, and anxious”, "refused to take psychiatric medication prescribed by a mental health professional", should never have been dumped by his parents, who knew full well and all about ER's mental health history, into the midst of Isla Vista and the sea of unsuspecting young people ... or anywhere, for that matter! JMO

It's time for the parents to start publicly acknowledging their responsibility in this whole bloody affair! JMO

Thanks for posting the above but UGH!

I don't trust anything the parents have to say! JMO

A young man who "was likely addicted to Xanax", "withdrawn, lonely, isolated, and anxious”, "refused to take psychiatric medication prescribed by a mental health professional", should never have been dumped by his parents, who knew full well and all about ER's mental health history, into the midst of Isla Vista and the sea of unsuspecting young people ... or anywhere, for that matter! JMO

It's time for the parents to start publicly acknowledging their responsibility in this whole bloody affair! JMO

Elliot Rodger comes from a permissive household. His father was largely absent in his life, while his mother would spoil him. Those reinforced and intensified his negativistic relationship with his family, which in turn on to other people. His upbringing is similar to Casey Anthony, Joran van der Sloot, and possibly Jerry Sandusky. Those two combinations fueled his narcissism and is always miserable as he always complained about cruel injustices he sensed.

He isn't Borderline......he's a Narcissist & ASPD on self-administered meds. He went into a Narcissistic rage.

All moo

He isn't Borderline......he's a Narcissist & ASPD on self-administered meds. He went into a Narcissistic rage.

All moo

I always viewed Rodger as a Malignant Narcissist consumed by envy and rage. He is an Injustice Collector as he remembers every slighting as massive outrages. He is a psychopath.

When I think Borderline, that is more like Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, or Jodi Arias. They have extreme fear of rejection and like being around people all the time. They are also consumed by envy and self-hatred, which does characterizes Rodger. Drew is an Injustice Collector like Rodger as they harbor grudges for a long time.

I never viewed Rodger as Borderline and at most has traits for them.

It would be interesting to see Elliot Rodger's handwriting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back