CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 Jul 2015 - #3

I have been in a fb group talking to Matt's cousin and mom as well as many of the people who were searching for Ember in the days following her disappearance. There are so many conspiracy theories in this case. Everything from one of the parents taking Ember to hurt the other to Ember being kidnapped and taken to Oregon.

I have been in a fb group talking to Matt's cousin and mom as well as many of the people who were searching for Ember in the days following her disappearance. There are so many conspiracy theories in this case. Everything from one of the parents taking Ember to hurt the other to Ember being kidnapped and taken to Oregon.
What are your thoughts on the situation?

What are your thoughts on the situation?
The police are convinced that Matt killed Ember in the hour he couldn't account for when he drove away from Happy Stop in the opposite direction from home. I thought that was ridiculous mostly because I didn't see an hour being enough time to kill her and then be able to hide her body so well that no one could find her. Especially since he was wearing shorts and flip flops without a shirt. The searchers on the second or third day started looking through brush and thorns and there is no way Matt would have been there without being cut up. But a few weeks ago I found out that between dropping Jamie back at home and the trip to Happy Stop was several hours. He could have planned and had a hiding spot ready in that time and then stopped at the store on the way. I have seen the video from the store and he appears to be under the influence (he admitted to the police he used drugs while he rode around with Ember that day). But then Matt's cousin says she saw Ember after that evening before Matt went to bed (he had to get water at her house since his didn't have running water). Matt admitted he put Ember down and stayed up smoking honey oil. I think it is possible that someone could have entered the home without him waking up because I believe Matt's cousin said Matt found the door wasn't completely shut the next morning. One theory is that Jamie, who was supposed to be packing to move in with them, might have been angry and come to the house to see why Matt hadn't answered his phone and finds him passed out so she took Ember and hid her or killed her. Another is that while Matt was under the influence he might have had Ember in his bed and rolled over on her, smothering her. He would have had all night to hide her body. I considered this a possibility when someone said they were searching the house and found a pacifier stuck between the wall and the mattress. Also a case from Happy Valley where a woman came to see why her husband wasn't answering her and found he fell asleep with the baby in a recliner and the baby had fallen between him and the arm of the couch and been suffocated. That man was also under the influence. There are many others I have proposed but I dont want to make this post too long.

Would human bones survive the wildfire? I think I remember from Savannah Leckie’s case that even when exposed to high heat and accelerants for days, some bones still remained. I continue to hope for answers for Ember.

Would human bones survive the wildfire? I think I remember from Savannah Leckie’s case that even when exposed to high heat and accelerants for days, some bones still remained. I continue to hope for answers for Ember.
You need a certain temperature for a sustained amount of time. I also thought hopefully the fire might cause her to be uncovered. A firefighter walking through a field could find bones when the brush was burned away.

I hope this was followed up!! I think I'd have had to smash the windows to get in and check...
I would have done the same but Matt's mom had worked for the sheriff's department prior to this and at the time Matt was sitting in jail so I think they were trying to do things properly and let the sheriff handle the investigation. She said that she doesn't think LE took it seriously though.

I have just read about this case. I was wondering if the gas station video shows that his truck returns an hour later, if the area approximately 30 mins away from the gas station was searched?

This was posted on the Facebook page that has the 3 episodes of the "True Crime Daily" that spotlighted this case. It was asked by poster *modsnip* " How often did ember need to take her medication? as that could be a clue.. did they examine her meds? on how much was left ? could be a clue on how long she had been missing for wether it was before bed or in that hour just a thought.." Does anyone know if this was ever looked into?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just read about this case. I was wondering if the gas station video shows that his truck returns an hour later, if the area approximately 30 mins away from the gas station was searched?

Per family members:

Yes, the area was searched extensively.

She was being weaned from the med. and had not had a 'seizure' for a couple months. The seizures were NOT what people usually picture, they were described as 'bouts of screaming and crying'. There was no clear definition of what was causing it, epilepsy was ruled out. Its possible she was outgrowing them. Its Possible they were trying CBD oil as a natural method (now being used in adults for that reason)
Her med bottle was still in trailer and not taken. It was a very small dosage (drops) so could not get solid read on that....

I just watched it, seems to me both Jamie and Matthew's mum are telling the truth, but the cousin is hinky hinky.

And I hate to say it, but with Matthew dead I don't think the truth is ever going to come out on this case.

If you've got a baby that takes a pacifier, you don't just throw that out on the side of the road. You would not be able to calm her without her pacifier. Something happened to Ember on that trip, maybe she overheated and died. Did he get out of the truck for a period of time & leave her in there? Or could he have dosed her with something to calm her and she died? Personally, I don't think he was gone long enough for it to be an accidental death & then give him time to find a place to hide her. The time span of an hour makes it seem deliberate. Throwing the pacifier out of the truck makes it seem deliberate. I don't profess to know his motivation, but a deliberate act is the only thing that fits to me.

If you've got a baby that takes a pacifier, you don't just throw that out on the side of the road. You would not be able to calm her without her pacifier. Something happened to Ember on that trip, maybe she overheated and died. Did he get out of the truck for a period of time & leave her in there? Or could he have dosed her with something to calm her and she died? Personally, I don't think he was gone long enough for it to be an accidental death & then give him time to find a place to hide her. The time span of an hour makes it seem deliberate. Throwing the pacifier out of the truck makes it seem deliberate. I don't profess to know his motivation, but a deliberate act is the only thing that fits to me.

Many think that pacifier was planted there after she was reported missing. There was a paci found in the trailer, then it went missing. She also had multiple pacifiers, as was proven thru photos, even tho mom said she only had one. Much does not add up in this case. We may never find out what truly happened, or who was responsible. There were a lot of mistakes made in the early days of the case. He didn't have time to do much of anything in that hour with the drive he took. I believe he met up with someone on that drive, and still hope that person one day speaks up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back