CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so how did she get the head injuries?? Who made them to her or did she do it to herself.

Ok I have not heard it was her brother, I thought they just said "male caller". You can view the boyfriend's pic by going to his myspace http://www.myspace.com/18026557

Doesn't look like he's anyone's BF, now, as his Myspace says he's "single" (or else he's just a liar and his GF isn't internet savvy...:waitasec:...then again, she's on MySpace, too, so maybe she just doesn't care...)

SNIPPED: "... the Sherrif's Department had spent most of last night trying to find the child. But detectives found several inconsistencies in the mother's story and received information that suggested Emma Leigh Barker (was) in Mission Hills, and dead.
Bolded emphasis is mine.
What I want to know is from whence/whom LE received this information...
:waitasec:

There is a Stacey in the comments. Is that mom?

Yep. Click on her name and her entire Myspace pops up, here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=442955581

Here's a recent entry on Stacey's Myspace re: Emma from a friend named "J [insert heart symbol here] B":

"Mar 15 2009 11:14 AM

Hey girly, sorry I didnt text you back @ work. I got suuuuuper busy @ work. Fridays are a mad house in that office. We're all good, how about you? We should get togethere soon....dinner or something, since your lunch is really more like a breakfast break lol. I'll talk to Jer, maybe we can have a BBQ so you can bring Em over to play with the girlies.
Miss ya =)"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bolded added by me.
So, unlike some mothers (eg, Casey) apparently this mama did spend time taking her daughter to do things with other little girls.
NOTE: this friend of Stacey's profile is set to private, but her last login was TODAY, 3-20-09, and her mood is "devastated." :(

More interesting posts:

(1) on Stacey's Myspace page from a friend named "CAsSandra":
"Feb 20 2009 10:18 AM

LOL sounds like Marlie haha. They must get it from their Mama's =) Wow sheriff huh? That is awesome. Its a tough career but worth it. Nothing really new with me. My b/f and I have our own place and just takin it day by day. I dont work, I went through college and graduated blah blah but I got prego my last 3 months...so I couldnt just hop up and start working. Now Danny makes enough to where I dont have to. So I just do the whole housewife Mommy thing.
Where do you live at? I would love to get together sometime!!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bolded added by me. So just who is this sheriff??? The new BF??? Make me go hmmm...

(2) on Stacey's Myspace page from a friend named M. Suarez, aka "Bean Bucket":

"Jan 29 2009 3:40 PM

so what have you been up to?"

and later,

"Feb 5 2009 3:52 PM

doing good myself, so are you moving or just making a change???"

NOTE: this friend's last login was yesterday, profile set to private, so I can't see what Stacey wrote to him between January 29, 2009 and February 5, 2009, but his mood yesterday was "yikes."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bolded added by me. So...moving or making a change? :eek: I hate to say this, but it's reminding me more of Casey every minute... Hope I'm wrong.

Regarding the brother, Nick, he was busy posting back and forth on Myspace with a friend named "kRiStIn", whose Myspace page is NOT set to private at the moment I'm typing this, and whose mood as of today is set to "broken," on the evening Emma was reported missing, Wednesday, March 18, 2009 between 9:19 p.m. and 9:25 p.m., here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=365146060

Here are the relevant comments on kRiStIn's page from Nick:

Mar 18 2009 9:25 PM

basically haha, or just wasnt payin attention haha
Nick

Mar 18 2009 9:22 PM

haha me too
Nick

Mar 18 2009 9:21 PM

when i get them all, i only have few haha, but hell yess
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's kRiStIn's comments to Nick on Nick's myspace page:

Mar 18 2009 9:24 PM

lol yeah cuz u prob.
wont remember takin half of them

Mar 18 2009 9:22 PM

coolness i wonna see'em

Mar 18 2009 9:19 PM

hey slugger u gonna put up ay pics from this weekend?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These may be helpful in the future, if timeline(s) need to be developed.

Regarding the Mama, Stacey, here are the myspace posts I have located, with links to them, all of which are public as of the time of this post:

(1) Stacey's Feb 17, 2009, 12:55 a.m. post to her myspace friend/BF, B. Borrelli, aka "tWo HeArTbEaTS BeHiNd", here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=18026557

Feb 17 2009 12:55 AM

Babe... I just gotta let you know that you make me really happy and cant wait till the next time I see you and am able to kiss you and one more thing.... nascar is gonna be so AWESOME!!

(2) Stacey's Feb 17, 2009, 1:06 a.m. post to her myspace friend "Mike", here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=435875566

Feb 17 2009 1:06 AM

Hey holmez... j/k haha was nice to stop by and see you this weekend for a few... let me know when the next get together is and I will make sure to hang out for the night and catch up... i know its been a minute since I actually hung out.
miss ya

(3) Stacey's Feb 21, 2009 post to her myspace friend/BF, B. Borrelli, aka "tWo HeArTbEaTS BeHiNd", here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=18026557

Feb 21 2009 4:42 PM

Babe... just about 17 more hrs and we are headed to nascar. The question is... are you ready for some beer pongin, fast cars and good time??? OH HELL YEAHH!!!

(4) Stacey's Feb. 26, 2009 post to her myspace friend "King Edward", aka Eddie,here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=4439919

Feb 26 2009 12:59 AM

Hey Eddie... it was really cool to run into you last night. Was nice to see you. Hope all is well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I could find for now while checking through all 34 of Stacey's friends' myspace pages and copying from those that were set to public. May or may not be relevant but, as we all know from Casey's recent case, we may not have access to these later on, so I copied them now while I could.

Bolded emphasis is mine.
What I want to know is from whence/whom LE received this information...
:waitasec:

Apparently during interrogation she admited that Emma was dead and told LE where to find her.

Apparently during interrogation she admited that Emma was dead and told LE where to find her.

Hey SuziQ. :) I'd read your earlier post, here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3481625#post3481625
with this quotation from LE:

"Detectives interviewed the mother Wednesday night and Thursday morning and eventually they were led to the address on the 13,000 block of El Dorado. Sheriff's detectives would not specify what exactly brought them to the address but said it was based partially on interviews with the mother." Bolded emphasis added by me.

Since they say it was only "partially" based upon what mama Stacey said, it's the rest of the information they had/used that I'm now wondering about. Seen any new news on this?

Mother of Dead Toddler Recants Story, says She Panicked

The mother of an 18-month-old girl found dead near a San Fernando Valley freeway has recanted her story about the toddler being abducted and now says she panicked after her daughter died in an accident, and she took the girl's body to the freeway and left her there, a sheriff's official said today.

Stacy Barker initially told detectives that Emma Leigh Barker had been abducted at a Lancaster park, and detectives spent most of Wednesday night looking for the girl. But detectives found several inconsistencies in the mother's story and received information that suggested Emma was in Mission Hills and was dead.

snipped from LA Now News

Call me skeptical but.... I find this scenario extremely hard to buy.

From the LA Times article:
The girl’s mother, Stacy Barker, said that she was knocked unconscious after hitting her head on the steering wheel of her car at Lancaster Park and awoke hours later at a Palmdale park-n-ride with her daughter missing.
Guess my question is, outside of a car accident, how does one get manage to hit their head on a steering wheel so hard they are knocked unconscious for several hours??? Sorry, I'm not buying it.

I don't buy that she was unconcious for hours, either. However, I know someone who was injured in a car accident---a blow to the head----and that person doesn't remember anything from several hours before the accident until a day or so after the accident. They were concious the whole time, interacting with others (not fully in a normal fashion!) but they themselves have no MEMORY of any activity at all during that time period.

I "could" be pursuaded that this woman suffered a lapse in memory caused by the blow to her head. I don't believe that yet.

The mother of an 18-month-old girl found dead near a San Fernando Valley freeway has recanted her story about the toddler being abducted and now says she panicked after her daughter died in an accident, and she took the girl's body to the freeway and left her there, a sheriff's official said today.

Stacy Barker initially told detectives that Emma Leigh Barker had been abducted at a Lancaster park, and detectives spent most of Wednesday night looking for the girl. But detectives found several inconsistencies in the mother's story and received information that suggested Emma was in Mission Hills and was dead.

snipped from LA Now News

I was just coming to post that I found it strange everyone was leaving her brother condolences on myspace but not on her page. Now I can see why, I'll never understand when these accidents happen no one never calls the police. I feel bad for Emma and her family. Some other sleuther here had posted that it was possble the mom had injured herself and I assume she was 100 percent right. Rip sweet Emma!

I'm going to guess mom killed her daughter and made the rest up. I could be wrong, but this is usually how these things go.

Our hinky meters are so finely tuned! This seems to be the most probable scenario.

HOWEVER, comments made under the linked articles state that this mom was a good, loving mother with lots of family support. People have flocked around her, instead of fleeing from her (as we saw in the Casey Anthony early days.) No one who knows the family had anything negative to say at all, not even a "tiny" negative.

I read now that she's recanted and says that baby died by accident and she panicked and came up with this story to try to cover the accident.

I don't get why a mother would do that, I really don't.

Hey SuziQ. :) I'd read your earlier post, here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3481625#post3481625
with this quotation from LE:

"Detectives interviewed the mother Wednesday night and Thursday morning and eventually they were led to the address on the 13,000 block of El Dorado. Sheriff's detectives would not specify what exactly brought them to the address but said it was based partially on interviews with the mother." Bolded emphasis added by me.

Since they say it was only "partially" based upon what mama Stacey said, it's the rest of the information they had/used that I'm now wondering about. Seen any new news on this?

Around midnight last night I posted the below link that talks about mom changing her story:

Missing Lancaster girl's body is found as mother's story unravels

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6966408.story

snipped from LA Now News
OMG. FIrst time I see that it's being reported that the mom admitted she took her daughter there and dumped her body. :furious: That poor little child. Link?

OMG. That poor little child. Link?

I don't know how to link, Chezhire.

I googled news with the spelling Stacy and the article with the title I wrote above in bold came up. LA Now News is what it said on the bottom. Sorry maybe someone else can link it. The rest of the story was pretty much what we have already read here.

Ok so how did she get the head injuries?? Who made them to her or did she do it to herself.

People are very capable of causing great self harm to make themselves appear to be the victims of a crime. On a page back I posted that a woman in Oregon recently threw herself off a bridge to make it appear her and her husband were attacked and her husband kidnapped. She was in the hospital for over a week with very serious injuries. The reality was she had murdered her husband at least a week before. Local rumor is that she disposed of him via a woodchipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine