CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if it's common to have 2 different PD's? Off to google them.

From my limited, unpleasant experiences with the wrong side of family court and participating in my angel son's evil father's court proceedings, it is very common to get shuffled from PD to PD...I don't think I ever even saw any of them more than once...you get what you pay for in that sense. I'm sure they are ridiculously overworked and overscheduled like every other civil servant so the continuity just wasn't there.

From my limited, unpleasant experiences with the wrong side of family court and participating in my angel son's evil father's court proceedings, it is very common to get shuffled from PD to PD...I don't think I ever even saw any of them more than once...you get what you pay for in that sense. I'm sure they are ridiculously overworked and overscheduled like every other civil servant so the continuity just wasn't there.

Thank's flourish :blowkiss: I wonder if she'll have a new one for June 15?

I pray that she doesn't put her family through the heartbreak of a trial.

If you don't mind me asking, what punishment did the get for what he did to your precious boy?

Yes, I agree with this 5th. I might also add that alot of "young" mothers have the same kind of discrepencies in their MySpace accounts. Alot of us more responsible and mature mothers would of course have more family pictures, especially our children's pics, posted as compared to ourselves. Younger kids aren't like that though, at least not the majority of them. With all the expert knowledge shared on the Astrology threads, we commonly come across mothers having their babies at too young of an age. They don't necessarily view their child as their complete person, but maybe as a possession. These kids want kids so that they can be the parent in charge, they sometimes tend to think it may make them feel more important, more loved or needed...more special. I think it's very common to see profiles of young mothers with kids on MySpace, profiles in which they have way more pics of themselves than their children. It's a sad time we're living in right now. Teenage and unmarried pregnancies are extremely common. Some people are able to make do, sometimes even successfully make it to the "top", but some don't. Young parents having babies without being able to mature properly, or learning responsibility over a longer period of time, will only promote unhealthy reasoning. Their logic might not be the same as yours or mine. Still, it doesn't make it right. There's a dead baby now, another statistic, and that's very sad.

O/T but I don't ever remember it being this bad when Planned Parenthood was popular. What's worse? Can it even compare? Good gosh, I send tons of prayers to this family and their set of friends. Such a sad situation.

May Emma rest in peace...

While I personally wouldn't be comfortable with such revealing photos of me or of my 20-something daughter on the internet, I also see nothing wrong with the pictures themselves. I feel that they are tastefully done and that she is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. My natural retincence is what would keep me from posting such, not any moral superiority. If they were tken after Emmas' birth, I can understand her trying to reclaim her "sexiness" after a pregnancy. I don't think we should read a whole lot into the shots as far as her morals go.

What I find expecially reprehensible in her case is the extreme level of help and assistance she had from her family with regards to the care of Emma Leigh. I think of struggling moms everywhere who juggle multiple jobs to make ends meet, and do it alone, often without benefit of child support. I'm sure that any one of her extended family would have gladly taken care of the baby so she could go and "get her ya-yas out," as my ex used to say. That's what I think really speaks volumes about her character, not the pictures. Her decision shows me that she is an immature, selfish narcisscist who cares nothing for others and only for her immediate needs. She neither plans ahead or considers consequences. She has no self-restraint and is likely using some drug like heroin or meth or coke, where she needs a fix and she needs it now, and damn the one who gets in her way.

Thanks for this information, I've never done "street drugs"; my mom was a nurse whose favorite drug story was the kid she saw in the psych ward who after doing LSD just once thought she was an orange and went crazy from fear of anyone coming near her was going to peel her. That worked for me!! I forgot about it for years, wish I could ask her if that story was true or scare tactics! :D

Sorry back on topic anyway, the first time I saw one of those anti drug commercials showing the ingredients of Meth just freaked me out. Does someone use that the first time not knowing what goes into it? Is there an added thrill getting away with putting that stuff in your body? (No judgment) I've made my share of mistakes too, just different ones from yours, so I try really hard not to judge anyone for their past. IMO our mistakes is what makes us who we are today and today is what is important. Sorry I got off topic again. Anyway thanks for sharing.

In my experience, first time or even regular casual users are unaware about the toxicity of the ingredients. As you get more and more involved and learn of the process, you begin to understand just what all is going into the drug: lithium batteries, camp fuel, anhydrous ammonia are but a few common ingredients that should give anyone with a lick o' sense pause, but by the time you learn this, you are often in too deep already. I have done meth years ago, never again, and it never "grabbed me," why I don't know, as I lost many, many friends to its pull. A former teacher of mine who got on it is doing federal time for pulling bank heists under its influence. She was the one wielding the sawed-off shotgun. If somebody had told me that my Baptist church-going schoolteacher would pull armed robberies in 2 states over meth, I would have laughed them into next week. But she did. So there you have the pull of methamphetamine. We don't know that Stacy was on the stuff, but if she were it makes it all the more understandable.

FWIW, I never got the paranoia with it, but I did hallucinate on large doses from lack of sleep. But I always told myself, "You just think you saw that because you did too much meth." And I didn't get the picking at the skin either. I didn't actually do it long enough to get the teeth problems or the hyper-aging; fortunately, I came to my senses and pulled back. I started doing it for weight reduction and to stay up studying. I lost 35 lbs and got a 4.0 for two semesters, so at least there's that. I consider myself blessed beyond measure that I didn't get addicted because of my stupidity!

You are very blessed Akashana to have been there, done that without incurring any serious harm to yourself! Thx for sharing your story with us.

If you don't mind me asking, what punishment did the get for what he did to your precious boy?

I don't mind: he got 5-10 for a felony injury to a child conviction, along with a 5 month concurrent sentence for domestic assault on me. He came up for parole after 5, was denied without possibility of trying again, and thus served his entire 10. He is now out in the free world...I'm hundreds of miles away from there, and he'd best hope I never again lay my eyes on him! He was only ever prosecuted for shaking my precious little guy, but was never charged with anything more after my son, months later, died from the injuries.

As for Stacey, well, I reckon she'll be in for a long time. As someone mentioned earlier, general convicts don't look too kindly on baby killers. From my, again very limited , knowledge, is true amongst male prisoners, and I'd imagine couldn't possibly be any better over with the ladies.

Flourish...I'm so sorry to hear that. He deserved way more than that for taking the life of your precious son! I just don't know what is going on anymore when human life is deliberately taken.. and that person gets out and is amongst again. It's seemingly almost like a slap on the wrist. My heart goes out to you...

Goll, you woulda thunk she'd go away by now... I'm sure she's going to be on the witness list if this ever comes to trial....

Anybody here think she will go to trial, or do you think they'll offer her a plea deal?

Me? I have NO idea since everything's been sooooooo hush, hush. :rolleyes:

I don't mind: he got 5-10 for a felony injury to a child conviction, along with a 5 month concurrent sentence for domestic assault on me. He came up for parole after 5, was denied without possibility of trying again, and thus served his entire 10. He is now out in the free world...I'm hundreds of miles away from there, and he'd best hope I never again lay my eyes on him! He was only ever prosecuted for shaking my precious little guy, but was never charged with anything more after my son, months later, died from the injuries.

As for Stacey, well, I reckon she'll be in for a long time. As someone mentioned earlier, general convicts don't look too kindly on baby killers. From my, again very limited , knowledge, is true amongst male prisoners, and I'd imagine couldn't possibly be any better over with the ladies.

If what I have heard is true, guards say the women prisoners are much worse than the men. Men blow up, then it's over. Women plan and scheme and wait until all the pieces are in place. They try to cause as much damage possible, as quickly as they can.

I'm so sorry. He certainly was let off lightly, although I'm sure he wouldn't agree. I'm afraid I would have to move to another planet knowing the person who killed my child walks free in this world. You're a stronger woman than I.

Most people who know me think I am mild mannered and easy to get along with. Anyone who brought harm to a hair on the head of my child (or any child) would know differently. If I was not very, very far away, I'm very afraid
of the amount of pleasure I would derive for making the perp sorry he survived the jail experience.

flourish I assure you, Karma will see to it that he gets his in the end. :blowkiss:

Goll, you woulda thunk she'd go away by now... I'm sure she's going to be on the witness list if this ever comes to trial....

Anybody here think she will go to trial, or do you think they'll offer her a plea deal?

Me? I have NO idea since everything's been sooooooo hush, hush. :rolleyes:

Amber is actually keeping a low profile these days, no more shout outs about SB's innocence on the blogs. :rolleyes:

I'm with you. It seems there is a cloak of secrecy tossed over this case. We can only hope and pray there is a good reason for it.

I don't get the feeling that SB is a KC. If she "knows" people who are doing naughty things, I believe she will be singing like a canary. If the people she knows are big enough LE is going to be up to their eyeballs just keeping her alive through the trial.

If all the drug rumors are just that, if she is just another "momster", then she will rot in jail with the rest of them; where she belongs.

What a horrible thing she did when she left her baby on the side of the road and pretended to be a crime victim herself.

Thank you for sharing your story Flourish....My heart breaks for your son and I know he is looking over your shoulder always......Im so sorry :blowkiss:

Yeah, too bad her bestie wont know that feeling EVER!!!!!!!

Wonder why the name change to none? As in none ya bizzness?? Just guessing :crazy:

Kid was taken out of the picture too, notice at the end of Amber's MS link? ur dork!! :doh: Me kind-a thinks the atty had a talk with the fam about MS and other public boards.... Yuh think?

Amber B.

http://www.myspace.com/ur_dork

none Loves the smile on there face when they say love you mommy

Her current MySpace "name" is "none," so that's what that part is referring to, but wow, what kind of grammar is that? Is she saying that she loves the smile on their faces when they say, "love you mommy"? interesting.
:waitasec:

I love how perps and their friends think no one can find them on myspace if they change their display name, location and are friends with people that have non-private profiles that are closely connected to cases (like the brother) :rolleyes:

Grrrrrrr, for heaven sakes, is it so busy that not ONE reporter from ONE news station can be bothered to take 30 minutes out of their day?:mad:

To me the really annoying thing about the media not being at the hearing, I know there were reporters at the courthouse. In LA there are always reporters hanging around the courthouse "just in case" Mel Gibson, Britney or Lindsey show up to pay off a jaywalking ticket or something equally inane. Someone could have grabbed a camera man and covered the hearing without missing a beat on the "Hollywood" scene. They would have captured the "smother-mother" sporting her new 'look'. I believe it's called the I have long hair and I'm afraid of getting head lice do.

Anyone!!!....

I'm still confused about this last hearing; at some point the State has decided to put Special Circumstances on her charges? Was it position of trust? Or something else? Or did they say? (This was one not guilty; right?) The other was the murder charge? What happened to Child abuse and assault? In CA "special circ" means they are going to be slapping her with many, many years behind bars or possibly DP. Then they will reduce it down if she pleads instead of going for a jury trial?

To me the really annoying thing about the media not being at the hearing, I know there were reporters at the courthouse. In LA there are always reporters hanging around the courthouse "just in case" Mel Gibson, Britney or Lindsey show up to pay off a jaywalking ticket or something equally inane. Someone could have grabbed a camera man and covered the hearing without missing a beat on the "Hollywood" scene. They would have captured the "smother-mother" sporting her new 'look'. I believe it's called the I have long hair and I'm afraid of getting head lice do.

Anyone!!!....

I'm still confused about this last hearing; at some point the State has decided to put Special Circumstances on her charges? Was it position of trust? Or something else? Or did they say? (This was one not guilty; right?) The other was the murder charge? What happened to Child abuse and assault? In CA "special circ" means they are going to be slapping her with many, many years behind bars or possibly DP. Then they will reduce it down if she pleads instead of going for a jury trial?

Hi MMB- How ya doin? I think your point about her hair is spot on! After laughing with a relative about it, she said the same thing you did,. She also mentioned that she is at the age where girls are obsessed with hair straighteners (mine is, but she is a young teen). You are prob correct, she was having a bad hair day...lol

It is a shame about the bias in media reporting in LA, as well as around the US. Seems if they arent 'cute enough', 'rich enough' or dont have a 'heart-wrenching' story, seems like they dont get media attention they deserve. I am very surprised of the lack of media since this happened in LA area, but also since the similarities between KC are stunning, IMO. Seems like it finally got attention after her arrest, and after we all taught them about what this case was about thru our emails.

As far as the special circ., I thought y'all knew something obvious, and I was too tired to get it and missed out..lol. I thought y'all knew and it would come out in a post sooner or later- You can tell I havent been posting too often. I have always lived in CA and have only seen SC used for a DP or life w/o parole case. I wonder what came out that they didnt see from day 1 in the autopsy? Oh, to be a fly on the wall....:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes