Found Deceased CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020

Can you provide link, otherwise we have no way of knowing.

Maybe this you were thinking of? If so, the phone seems to relate to someone else.

"Investigators said they found a cell phone nearby and believe it's Escalante's."

Missing woman Erika Lloyd's case leads detectives to search for another missing person - KESQ

That's definitely not the article I was referring to.
When Cottonwood was mentioned, a poster suggested it related to the Cottonwood part of JTNP, which is at the other end of the park.

Can you provide link, otherwise we have no way of knowing.

Maybe this you were thinking of? If so, the phone seems to relate to someone else.

"Investigators said they found a cell phone nearby and believe it's Escalante's."

Missing woman Erika Lloyd's case leads detectives to search for another missing person - KESQ
@MsMiniSleuth if you go to @swedeheart post #380 there is a link to Gray Hughes' YouTube and around the 1:52 mark he talks about Erika's friends calling her phone repetitively and someone finally answering it on 6/20 who said he found it on "Cottonwood".

There are two Cottonwoods in the greater area, one is a freeway exit outside of one of the entrances to JTNP and one is a street closer to where her remains were found so probably more likely to be the correct Cottonwood.

MOO

Edited to add a word

Last edited:
@MsMiniSleuth if you go to @swedeheart post #380 there is a link to Gray Hughes' YouTube and around the 1:52 mark he talks about Erika's friends calling her phone repetitively and someone finally answering it on 6/20 who said he found it on "Cottonwood".

There are two Cottonwoods in the greater area, one is a freeway exit outside of one of the entrances to JTNP and one is a street closer to where her remains were found so probably more likely to be the correct Cottonwood.

MOO

Edited to add a word

Who is Gray Hughes? Is he is recognised and accepted WS source? Only came late to this case!

Who is Gray Hughes? Is he is recognised and accepted WS source? Only came late to this case!
He has a YouTube channel which as general rule isn't enough to be an approved source at WS, but to the best of my knowledge, he is an approved source. A mod can confirm.

The first part of the above referenced interview is with Shari, James Escalante's roommate. If listening is difficult, you can read the transcript. Click on the 3 dots on the lower right hand side under the screen and then click on "open transcript". This tip courtesy of another WS poster whose identity I can't recall. Cheers!

MOO

Lloyd's vehicle was not associated with the missing person report and was towed for blocking the roadway," the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said at the time.

One family member described Lloyd as "happy, loving and creative." She owned Bloom Salon in Alamo; at the time of her disappearance, the shop was closed due to the pandemic.

Lloyd's car was spotted at Joshua Tree National Park and in Twentynine Palms on June 16, according to family members. "Erika's car, [a] 2006 black Honda Accord, was last seen driving past Lucky Park at 2:45 p.m. heading north on Utah Trail," a "Bring Erika Home" Facebook pagereads.

Sadly, the search for Lloyd ended around 9:37 a.m. Jan. 31 when her partial remains were found. A forensic odontologist used dental records to confirm her identity, the sheriff's department said Friday.

"Close to eight months have passed since Erika disappeared and we have been blessed by countless efforts of selflessness and compassion on [the] part of the community and our family," Lloyd's brother, Colin shared Thursday on the Bring Erika Home Facebook page. "Right now is the time for grieving and I encourage everyone to pause and reflect on the beautiful soul we've lost: our Erika."
East Bay Woman's Body Found In Desert

Remember her, cherish her memory, celebrate moments past, and laugh; she would always make you laugh. Erika adored everyone; she left a bright smile on everyone’s heart; she would remind you of who you truly were and how important and loved you were; she warmed your soul. Let us hold her spirit dearly, and allow it to work through us to serve others (what she would want us to do).
Let us pray:
“Make me a channel of your peace
Where there is hatred let me bring love
Where there is injury, pardon
And where there is doubt, faith.
Grant that I may never seek so much to be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love with all my heart.
Make me a channel of your peace,
Where there is despair, hope,
Where there is darkness, light
And where there’s sadness, joy
Make me a channel of your peace
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
It is in giving that we receive
And in dying, that we are born to eternal life.”
-Amen
I ask that the public please respect the privacy of my family. Thank you.
-Colin Lloyd and the Lloyd Family
BringErikaHome Facebook

So...Erika's roommate knew about James and Christian - is there a MSM source besides Gray Hughes? I thought there was.

Besides her friend talking about them not being in Erika's phone on Access (@tarabull #367) that was all I could find. The original broadcast is sometimes edited so when you go back to try and find something it is gone. IDK if that happened here or not.

Edit by me:

There is a map at the above link, Erika was found approx 3 miles from where her car was found??? Do I have that right???

eta
Snipped from the link...
... After months of searching for answers, Lloyd's brother, Colin, announced on social media that her remains were discovered by hikers on January 31 near Danby Road and Amboy Road in Wonder Valley, not far from Joshua Tree National Park and a few miles away from where her vehicle was found.

I apologize i am confused, why did she walk the opposite direction of the JTN park??

Last edited:
Of course I don’t know for sure but I think a lot of people would agree —- that after getting her car stuck/immobilized she saw WVCC as her best bet for help from that location.

There’s no report of anyone seeing her walk up Sheraton Rd (even the CHP officers) so I believe she was able to walk relatively quickly and easily until she reached Wilson Rd, which cuts diagonally NW across the desert sand and bush. It ends abruptly with these soft sand trails that ultimately lead towards WVCC direction. This is the area where the remains were found.

Hiking along the soft sand even a short distance would have been enough to trigger a heat stroke during that time of the day in that time of the year in that part of the country.

Palms restaurant was NE of where her car was found and since it appears she was driving East on Amboy Rd and then found heading south on Sheraton Rd it makes me believe that she had driven specifically to Palms restaurant in the first place (to do what, I don’t know) saw it was closed during the week and headed back to JPNP via Sheraton Rd & HWY 62. This is where her car was found but no Erika.

Last edited:
A broken dashboard and a "beaten up" dash make me think someone removed the primary VIN plate in an attempt to keep the vehicle from being connected to Erika. That doesn't really tell us anything in and of itself though since Erika could have done it herself to avoid consequences from abandoning her vehicle. Just an observation.

The remains of 37-year-old Erika Ashley Lloyd were discovered on Jan. 31 east of the 5200 block of Danby Road in Wonder Valley, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department said in a news release.

Lloyd’s car was found abandoned on a desolate dirt road about 19 miles outside Joshua Tree Village shortly after she was reported missing, California Highway Patrol officials told KTLA sister station KRON last year.

There was no evidence of a crash on the roadway where the car was found, though the vehicle had damage to its windshield and back window, according to CHP.

Her parents, Ruth and Wayne Lloyd, told KRON their daughter had spoken of needing a break from pandemic-related stress after her business was shut down. They had urged the public to come forward with any information that could help them find her.

“Her family is waiting for her and her son is missing his mom,” her dad said.

Ruth Lloyd told the station she had spoken with her daughter on June 14.

“She sounded like she was driving. She was speaking very rapidly. It was just hard to make out exactly what she was saying,” the mother said.

Lloyd leaves behind a son.
Skeletal remains found in San Bernardino County desert identified as missing NorCal woman | KTLA

On the “Bring Erika Home” Facebook page, her brother posted about the death, thanking sheriff’s officials and the public for their support.

“My wish is that we can all lean in a little closer, hold each other up, and remind each other more often that we’re here for one another with open arms and endless love; it’s what she would have wanted; it’s the spirit of who she was,” he wrote.
Skeletal remains found in San Bernardino County identified as missing Walnut Creek woman

Last edited:
@Dnp2be do you mind linking the FB page? I don't see one except the one on the first page of the thread, and it's a dead link. I searched just a few weeks ago for a FB group for Erika, as well as a FB page of hers personally, but never did find either. Thank you. (I very well could be blind, but I just don't see it.) :)

Sorry, I’m just now reading posts and catching up. My birthday was yesterday so I took a day off from the world basically. I do know I had to click somewhere else to get that article. If you still want me to look, I can.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back