GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the Border Patrol has their hands full. They can't patrol the border, investigate crimes and enforce the law when they are busy babysitting.

http://www.yumasun.com/news/border-...cle_571c2fc6-e607-11e3-9bd0-001a4bcf6878.html

The Yuma Sector Border Patrol's two newest agents have four legs each. And after completing their training, they will have noses for locating lost or missing people who are in need of help.

Search and rescue training/tracking and trailing involves canines teams being trained in obedience, tracking, trailing and searching vast areas. Burch said with Lester and Lugo trained in these disciplines the Border Patrol canine teams can be utilized to assist in locating lost or missing persons as well as people attempting to hide

http://www.cbp.gov/border-security/along-us-borders/canine-program/disciplines-2

A regimen added to the search and rescue capability, canines are trained in the mission of locating the remains of persons who have expired in remote, barren areas due to exhaustion, exposure and dehydration. This skill is also used in missing person and suspicious death investigations.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/25822474/growing-concern-in-desperate-search-for-missing-man (From another SoCal case within the last month)
On Thursday, horses arrived from San Bernardino County and Riverside to assist in the search and rescue effort. Border Patrol is also assisting in the search for Salayer with their dogs.

http://articles.ivpressonline.com/2005-08-06/border-patrol_24212256
"The El Centro Border Patrol regularly responds and will continue to respond to any report of a lost or missing person in our area of operation," he states. "We regret that, in this instance, we were not able to obtain sufficient information to save this man's life."

http://www.kbluam.com/yuma-county-sheriff-lookout-missing-person/
The Yuma County Sheriff's Department is asking for the public's help in locating a missing person. 88-year-old Ramon Villegas walked away from his home this morning (Tuesday 4) in the 17000 block of South Avenue "B" in Somerton

Police are currently searching an area with the help of the United States Border Patrol and the Arizona Department of Corrections K-Nine units

I know that some commenters on one of the articles linked were wondering why her husband didn't drive out to JTNP on Saturday to look for her. Have we heard if they have two cars? When we were newly married and DH was in the military, we were pretty poor and could only afford one car. Considering that Erin had a pretty new Corolla, they may have only had one car. I'm not trying to defend the husband (yet) since there is so much we don't know but when we only had the one car, I didn't like having to bug others for rides anymore than needed. If he felt the same way, he might have wanted to give Erin more time to get home and "just" made phone calls instead of getting out there looking. JMO.

I know that some commenters on one of the articles linked were wondering why her husband didn't drive out to JTNP on Saturday to look for her. Have we heard if they have two cars? When we were newly married and DH was in the military, we were pretty poor and could only afford one car. Considering that Erin had a pretty new Corolla, they may have only had one car. I'm not trying to defend the husband (yet) since there is so much we don't know but when we only had the one car, I didn't like having to bug others for rides anymore than needed. If he felt the same way, he might have wanted to give Erin more time to get home and "just" made phone calls instead of getting out there looking. JMO.

Very good point amm. I don't remember seeing how many cars they have, or if they drove separate cars. I think it'd be weird to leave overnight (i.e. to the ranch) and leave my husband car-less, but it might be different if I knew he had transportation.

It would be interesting to find out the dynamics of the extended family. It appears she is very close to her mother so maybe she is her biological mother and the husband adopted her. JMMO
Just catching up and not sure if it has already been pointed out.... But adoptive parents can also be very close with their children. I know this not only as an adoptive parent but an adoptee (I also found and have relationships with my birth parents)

I don't know what to think anymore. I am still wondering why Husband took so long to report Erin missing. It's still bugging me. I know there was an explanation (he thought he had to wait 24 hrs) yet I am sure the friends he called urged him to call it in. Given where Erin said she was headed. Prior miscarriage. Pondering a point that just bugs me. Where are you Erin!!!

I'm quoting the link to the Z107 article for those just now reading everyone's comments about it. I was too busy yesterday afternoon to check on this thread so I missed it. Had to go back to page 22 to find it!

I noticed that there is only one comment under the article at the link. Were there more than that yesterday?

The heading states that she MAY have had a lover. "May have" and "does" are two different things. Are they just reporting what is told to them, which may or may not be fact? It is fact that it was told to them, but it might not be fact at all??
IMOO.

"Each of the areas we are searching are treated as a crime scene," said sheriff's Capt. Dale Mondary. "We want to be careful and make sure we don't trample over the evidence. We are talking hundreds of miles that we are covering, from basically the Marine Base out through Sheep Hole pass and pretty much just the entire basin."

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/07/11/erin-corwin-jonathan-corwin/12557135/

Dale Mondary, captain of the Morongo Basin Sheriff’s Station, said that searchers have been able to narrow their focus. “Before, we were searching literally the entire desert for clues,” Mondary said in an interview. “We’ve been able to develop through investigations some specific target areas that we are now looking at.” Volunteers from the San Bernardino, Los Angeles and Kern county sheriff’s departments and Joshua Tree National Park Service rangers will continue the search this weekend.

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_d34930c8-0982-11e4-9526-0019bb2963f4.html

There have been other instances of Marines or Marines' wives missing in or around the combat center.

• Lance Cpl. Cesar Tiberio Morales, 20, went missing on Aug. 14, 2011. At the time, Morales's sister, Maritza Morales, said the Marine, who lived off-base in Yucca Valley, left for Yuma, Ariz., to see his girlfriend but turned around once he got to Indio. His roommate said he last saw Morales on his way to get a haircut before leaving town on Aug. 14. He did not return to the base. "Lance Cpl. Cesar Morales is currently considered a deserter by the U.S. government," combat center officials said at the time. He has not been found.

• In August 1988, Lance Cpl. Jason J. Rother, a 19-year-old rifleman from Minnesota, was assigned as one of the guides directing the battalion as it drove through the desert without lights. Marines were supposed to be placed in pairs, but Rother ended up by himself. He was never picked up and wasn't reported missing until more than 40 hours later. Several searches were launched with over 1,000 Marines on foot, helicopters, and thermal imaging gear. Rother was not carrying a map or compass and had very little water. His remains were found three months later.

• Sandra Rhodes, 19, married to Lance Cpl. Stacy Rhodes, an active-duty Marine aboard the base, was walking south from her home on Adobe Road to her job at Alamo Market on May 28, 1981. About 1:30 p.m. she passed by Criterion Insurance, which was near Adobe and Two Mile roads. The next day she was found stabbed to death and partially nude in the desert near Pinto Mountain and Amboy roads. The case has never been solved.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/07/11/erin-corwin-jonathan-corwin/12557135/

The heading states that she MAY have had a lover. "May have" and "does" are two different things. Are they just reporting what is told to them, which may or may not be fact? It is fact that it was told to them, but it might not be fact at all??
IMOO.

Agree. Until MSM takes it up and is verified I'm just not going there. Not that it would be out of the realm of a possibility. However another point that bugs me is Erin announces the first pregnancy on FB. By all appearances suffers a miscarriage. Decided to keep the second pregnancy low key. Understandable. Reports have stated Erin planned to tell her Mother when she visited. Erin told Jon. Why tell Jon so soon if she was having an affair. Why not keep it quiet until she figured out what she was going to do. Just bouncing off your post with a few things that just nag me. While I am open to a lover, stranger, acquaintance being responsible a Husband of a Wife who has disappeared is never off my radar until all the facts come out. IMO.

Border Patrol and FBI brought in....???? A possible drug connection somehow? Not implying anything! Sheesh I'm paranoid to even post a thought! Just thinking out loud about what could bring them into the investigation..

I think Border patrol because they are very adapt at spending time in a hot desert. And are adapt of locating people, dead or alive, in the desert.

And the FBI will help any agency that asks for there help.

Agree. Until MSM takes it up and is verified I'm just not going there. Not that it would be out of the realm of a possibility. However another point that bugs me is Erin announces the first pregnancy on FB. By all appearances suffers a miscarriage. Decided to keep the second pregnancy low key. Understandable. Reports have stated Erin planned to tell her Mother when she visited. Erin told Jon. Why tell Jon so soon if she was having an affair. Why not keep it quiet until she figured out what she was going to do. Just bouncing off your post with a few things that just nag me. While I am open to a lover, stranger, acquaintance being responsible a Husband of a Wife who has disappeared is never off my radar until all the facts come out. IMO.

Right, and it was mentioned that the pregnancy was announced on Father's Day. That's a pretty special day, so having news that Jon was a Father on Father's Day must have been exciting for them, I would think.
IMOO.

I think this was a very personal crime against Erin...not a random. Jmo

Agree. Given she is pregnant, her age, and other factors, statistics are definitely heavy towards personal crime.

Though, I noticed the McStay case mentioned. I don't follow it at all on WS, but from news stories I have heard, isn't there suspicion that their family was involved? That would make it a personal crime too, so maybe a copycat crime.

Agree. Given she is pregnant, her age, and other factors, statistics are definitely heavy towards personal crime.

Though, I noticed the McStay case mentioned. I don't follow it at all on WS, but from news stories I have heard, isn't there suspicion that their family was involved? That would make it a personal crime too, so maybe a copycat crime.

The McStay case has dozens of theories, last I knew. I don't think family involvement is a particularly strong theory though, but jmo.

According to reports it does appear LE is convinced a crime has occurred. What they have I wish I knew. Since they are concentrating on specific search areas it speaks volumes. Guess I have to be patient. I just pray they find Erin and the person/s responsible.

If she was carjacked/"befriended" on her way to JTNP, at JTNP, or on the way home, then the Perp dropped the car there because 1) he/she read her license address and dropped it off close to her home or 2) the Perp needed to get back home on base quickly. This means that The Perp was "car-free" when this started, so someone else assisted.

JMO

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

I agree. If the person was going back on base, someone else drove them on. MP would remember someone walking on, IMO, as it would stick out like a sore thumb. Unless they snuck back on through an unfenced area

I have been so overwhelmed with other things in life that I haven't even posted on this case....but I have been spending my nights reading and trying to stay up with what is going on here. Must say, as usual, you sleuthers are on top of things. It sure is a pleasure to counted among such great minds and caring hearts.

I do not believe Erin is alive. And most murders of pregnant women are committed by those who claim to love them....whether a spouse of boyfriend. I think LE is all over this. And we can surmise the outcome...I have two basic ones in mind. So sad and heartbreaking to see these cases again and again.

Border Patrol and FBI brought in....???? A possible drug connection somehow? Not implying anything! Sheesh I'm paranoid to even post a thought! Just thinking out loud about what could bring them into the investigation..

The FBI part is concerning to me. Maybe it's because it is military related, but they don't usually come in without reason...

According to reports it does appear LE is convinced a crime has occurred. What they have I wish I knew. Since they are concentrating on specific search areas it speaks volumes. Guess I have to be patient. I just pray they find Erin and the person/s responsible.

To me, from yesterday's news article, what has convinced them a crime has been committed is clear. A lover who may have gotten her pregnant whose story of where he was that day doesn't jibe.

The FBI part is concerning to me. Maybe it's because it is military related, but they don't usually come in without reason...

FBI has a lot of resources local police may not have. I don't think military police are leading this case, are they? It is not at all unusual for police agencies to request help from FBI in missing persons or any labor intensive cases. I live in NM and FBI gets involved in any major case. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member