GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I see what you are saying. But as far as I know, some of the stuff you are saying about JC is just "assumed" also. I haven't heard anything that says the Corwin's only had one car- for sure. Who knows, it's just as likely they also had a car. Or he could have had a gf and borrowed her car.
I haven't heard anything about the base cameras showing that Jon never left the base that day.

Yes, it does seem like the LE focused in on CL early. Then they let him go. Then they announced he is not a POI. I haven't read any other official documents that show in details other witnesses they've talked to, other places they've searched, other items they've tested, and other witnesses that may have made "iffy" statements. I haven't read about the any of the Corwin's stuff that was searched or any of the interviews that were done with the husband or any other friends that lived around them. Actually, I don't remember hearing a whole lot from JC at all.

As far as NL's statement go- Yeah. I don't put that much stock in it really. She probably disliked EC a lot. She very well could just be a bitter wife that could care less what happened to EC. IMO.

You're right about this case being very much like other cases. Unfortunately, it's usually the person closest to them.

Again, I understand 100% where you are coming from. I am not trying to argue or have a different opinion just to ruffle feathers. I have followed so many cases, and so many times I've seen everybody convinced of one thing- and they are absolutely heartbroken to find out different. You are probably about 99.5 % right on who hurt EC. From what we all know so far, that is the direction it looks like it is going. It's that .5% that worries me. The unknowns.

BTW- I do NOT know any of these people involved in this story at all.

As always, just my opinion.

Thank you for restoring my sanity.

We need links people. When you make a claim, please provide a link unless stating a known and accepted fact.
Peeps are turning their version of a story into fact and stating it as if it is the truth. May be but we have few verified facts yet.

Do you have links for these claims azure? It would clear up some details if we knew for sure JC had duty Saturday and what time he started/finished. Also if we knew Erin and Jon shared one car would help. How did JC get to work then though?
We'd also know why he didn't jump in his car and go out looking for her late Saturday afternoon/early evening - she may have been broken down along the road with a flat tire for instance.
No ma'am, I got that info from other WS posts but a quick search shows that internet scuttlebutt indicates that JC was not on duty. The car is continually referred to as "the couple's" in news articles, make of that what you will. I still think y'all are barking up the wrong tree, but like all of this it's JMO.

Somebody tell us how Erin would know her pregnancy was a result of CL at less than two months pregnant and hadn't been to a doctor yet.
Don't tell me how it is possible or maybe this and that but how do we know Erin was carrying CL's baby?

If Jon comes forward and says that he and Erin had not had relations since her miscarriage then I'll get it/believe.
So maybe Erin told Jon on Father's Day that she was pregnant (even though they weren't having relations) because she's a mean spirited person who wanted to put a dagger through Jon's heart? No one has presented that side of her personality to the public.

The question has been asked many times yet peeps just ignore how nonsensical it seems that she would share that with Jon yet go out to celebrate her pregnancy with CL. I don't get it.

Somebody tell us how Erin would know her pregnancy was a result of CL at less than two months pregnant and hadn't been to a doctor yet.
Don't tell me how it is possible or maybe this and that but how do we know Erin was carrying CL's baby?

If Jon comes forward and says that he and Erin had not had relations since her miscarriage then I'll get it/believe.
So maybe Erin told Jon on Father's Day that she was pregnant (even though they weren't having relations) because she's a mean spirited person who wanted to put a dagger through Jon's heart? No one has presented that side of her personality to the public.

The question has been asked many times yet peeps just ignore how nonsensical it seems that she would share that with Jon yet go out to celebrate her pregnancy with CL. I don't get it.

Could it be that he was "in the field" on an extended mission during the time she conceived?

No ma'am, I got that info from other WS posts but a quick search shows that internet scuttlebutt indicates that JC was not on duty. The car is continually referred to as "the couple's" in news articles, make of that what you will. I still think y'all are barking up the wrong tree, but like all of this it's JMO.

What tree would that be?
The story as it is being told doesn't make sense. There has to be a piece of the puzzle still missing.
And Jon would have to be a saint if he's been walking around knowing his wife was carrying another man's baby and pretending it was okay (especially after losing theirs). This is the part I don't get. If they weren't having sex, he would know that to be true - there's no way around that because Jon I trust is not an idiot.

Whereas I keep wondering if LE just went into missing person mode before doing any investigation. Like, oh you say Erin is missing in JT ?, (remember they didn't have her car yet until mid morning Monday), then we'd better look for her. Based on that she may be injured, car trouble, lost - all accident related. When her car turned up outside JT, is when LE went into a second mode of investigation imo. Peeps had over two days (at least) to try to cover their bases.

Ok, I *think* you're asking why LE jumped on this asap, instead of just putting out a generic BOLO and pic of a "woman may be lost in the desert" kind of press release? IMO when Erin's husband called her in as missing, and the Deputy turned up to take the report, the Deputy was given information as part of his/her routine questions that immediately made that Deputy put the dept on high alert and that there were very valid reasons for this MP case to be treated with urgency from the get go.

I hope I didn't misunderstand you, and I hope I've explained MOO a theory of why Erin's case may have been treated with urgency from very early on.

We don't even know that she told him on Father's Day, do we? I could be mistaken but, supposedly that's what JC said, but who knows when and how he found out she was pregnant. We haven't even heard JC speak. So there is a lot assumed. We don't know how far along she was either. She didn't even really know. From what we "heard", she hadn't been to the doctor yet. All I am saying is that I agree with you that there is a whole lot we don't know, and shouldn't assume.

Could it be that he was "in the field" on an extended mission during the time she conceived?

Yes but JC would know that and put two and two together. If he believed Erin was pregnant there must have been a recent time he knew they were together. She may have known another possibility existed but there'd be no way to be sure until the baby was born so why would she tell or suggest to CL the baby could be his? She may have done just that and he killed her. But I don't believe the celebrate the pregnancy crap - I just don't. Plus she wasn't even three months pregnant yet so how would she know if the pregnancy would survive (as she experienced miscarriage before).

If Erin told JC she was pregnant, maybe it came out during an argument. Or maybe he noticed she would not drink a beer. Or maybe when she told him, she was still thinking she would stay in the marriage. I doubt she knew the father, unless she and JC were not together in that way, but maybe he knew about the affair and was going to deal with it and raise the child. And then Erin got some encouragement from CL that changed her mind or plans. We just don't know much at all.

How many days was it until EC's mom was coming for her visit? I am wondering if that had anything to do with the timing of Erin's disappearance? Or, was she planning on going to the doctor soon?

I think that between EC's bff in Tn and JC that they put 2 and 2 together and figured it out, if in fact it's true that she was preg. I also think she was so caught up in hiding the affair for a second time that she didn't think the timing out and made the Father's Day announcement to him in hopes of reaffirming to him the affair was indeed over when in fact it wasn't.

Why do you call Concerned/Interested/Possibly New Websleuth Clients..."peeps?" .. Just Curious.

We don't even know that she told him on Father's Day, do we? I could be mistaken but, supposedly that's what JC said, but who knows when and how he found out she was pregnant. We haven't even heard JC speak. So there is a lot assumed. We don't know how far along she was either. She didn't even really know. From what we "heard", she hadn't been to the doctor yet. All I am saying is that I agree with you that there is a whole lot we don't know, and shouldn't assume.

True but it we're going to believe everything else, we need to believe what JC said too. For all I know, everyone who talked to LE told the version that would best serve themselves. That's why LE has to verify the information. The investigation begins after LE gets input from people. Does everyone believe LE just believes what everyone tells them? Heck no. But they have trained interrogators and we've heard CL has been called in a couple of times. I'm not saying he's not involved - no. But police do interview multiple people in most cases and we only know about CL.

What are the laws regarding CL returning to Alaska? I guess he's free on bond for the potato gun arrest and promised to return for the hearing September 9th. They charged him, he's not been prosecuted. If he doesn't show, then he's breaking another law. Then what?

It just seems to me the judge could have restricted his movement if CL's the prime suspect in Erin's case. He could have put a condition on his release from jail along with the bail.

If she was regular, JC could have just known she was late. Some husbands keep track. Maybe she skipped her monthly twix fix or something as simple as that.

:thinking::thinking::thinking: (Pardon Me For Attempting to "Publicly Reply".. Website Rules 'on THIS Site' NOT Correct!!! Don't ASK My Credentials, None Needed...

True but it we're going to believe everything else, we need to believe what JC said too. For all I know, everyone who talked to LE told the version that would best serve themselves. That's why LE has to verify the information. The investigation begins after LE gets input from people. Does everyone believe LE just believes what everyone tells them? Heck no. But they have trained interrogators and we've heard CL has been called in a couple of times. I'm not saying he's not involved - no. But police do interview multiple people in most cases and we only know about CL.

What are the laws regarding CL returning to Alaska? I guess he's free on bond for the potato gun arrest and promised to return for the hearing September 9th. They charged him, he's not been prosecuted. If he doesn't show, then he's breaking another law. Then what?

It just seems to me the judge could have restricted his movement if CL's the prime suspect in Erin's case. He could have put a condition on his release from jail along with the bail.

Do we know if the only condition for CL's release was bail ? Could the Judge restrict his movements but the public not know about it ?

What tree would that be?
The story as it is being told doesn't make sense. There has to be a piece of the puzzle still missing.
And Jon would have to be a saint if he's been walking around knowing his wife was carrying another man's baby and pretending it was okay (especially after losing theirs). This is the part I don't get. If they weren't having sex, he would know that to be true - there's no way around that because Jon I trust is not an idiot.

I agree that there are some parts missing from the puzzle. It has bothered me that she supposedly told her husband about the pregnancy on Father's Day. The only reason to do that, unless she was a cold heartless wretch, was if she planned on raising the baby in her marriage. But that would mean that her husband would have reason to believe he was the father. If so, then how would she know he wasn't? If that were the case, then WHY would she be off 'celebrating' the pregnancy with her boyfriend? :waitasec:

This just takes me around in circles, and something is missing.

Yes but JC would know that and put two and two together. If he believed Erin was pregnant there must have been a recent time he knew they were together. She may have known another possibility existed but there'd be no way to be sure until the baby was born so why would she tell or suggest to CL the baby could be his? She may have done just that and he killed her. But I don't believe the celebrate the pregnancy crap - I just don't. Plus she wasn't even three months pregnant yet so how would she know if the pregnancy would survive (as she experienced miscarriage before).

Well... technically speaking there are prenatal paternity tests available, I think as early as 9 or 10 weeks. But yeah, I've not seen anything indicating she did this since she (from what we've heard) hadn't even confirmed how far along she was yet.

I Believe that Erin was An "Unintentional Victim" of an EXTREMELY Immature Boyfriend "on Base." Most likely... Her(AND Her Baby's deaths) were Entirely ACCIDENTAL..She(Erin), Was Most Likely Lured into the desert by Her (Boyfriend???/Unborn Child's????) REAL DAD, accompanied by dear Nich...(SHush!!!) The Two intended to Terrify Her into silence, yet SEVERELY Underestimated Erin's Strength as a Human Being... As for the "potato Shooter.., Well, I Can't EVEN Begin to go There!!! Blackmail Gone WRONG!!!

Well, if this turns out to be true I hope they both get the electric chair (or the slow killing shot method).
Truly, no matter the circumstances, if they killed Erin, they should fry. [modsnip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub