GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending upon how smart a person planning to commit a murder is may determine when phones are disabled. Obviously we have seen some who forget about the phone until they have done the deed. Others seem to discard the phone at once (i.e. Sierra Lamar's suspected killer). Some people are up on all of the tracking of phone stuff. Sierra's (alleged) killer seems to be an experienced bad guy, with other charges pending, so he may have been more likely to grab her phone right away and toss it. (I think it was found not far from abduction site?) whereas we can hope that CL forgot about it for a while and possibly has some GPS activity from his phone or hers showing where he headed with Erin. But I still think the only real chance to find her is via a confession, which is what happened with Samantha, Mickey and others. Jmo

Wouldn't a dog smell her scent in his car if she was in it?

You know she could have turned off her phone. She was having an affair.

I don't think EC turned off her phone. If she's out doing something she shouldn't be doing, I'd think she would want to "keep tabs" on her hubby. Ya know, make sure he's not sending her a text saying he's decided to come to JT to scout areas with her.

Hope this makes sense - it does in my sleep-deprived head.

Only if they believed the inclusion of the texts crucial to secure the warrant. In essence, that their absence would vitiate the claim of probable cause. A possibility which I greatly doubt.

In order to get the original search warrants on the cars and residence there would also need to be a separate Probable Cause statement, correct? If so, then I would think that would be when the contents of the texts messages would have been included along with corroboration from the neighbor of EC who said they were having an affair.

I don't think EC turned off her phone. If she's out doing something she shouldn't be doing, I'd think she would want to "keep tabs" on her hubby. Ya know, make sure he's not sending her a text saying he's decided to come to JT to scout areas with her.

Hope this makes sense - it does in my sleep-deprived head.

I used to have an app on my phone that let me k ow where everyone was.

When interviewed by The Desert Sun on Friday, Megli said the first two statements were misconstrued by detectives who wrote the affidavit. Nichole Lee made these statements while chatting casually at the horse ranch, discussing the Corwin disappearance and similar mysteries, comparing them to the clichès of television crime drama.

Megli said Nichole Lee was worried her husband would accidentally incriminate himself — even if he hadn't done anything wrong — if he was grilled by detectives.

Finally, Megli insisted that Nichole Lee never said police "missed something" in the garage, but actually remarked that police had simply not searched the garage at all. Nichole Lee was thankful police skipped the garage because the couple had packed their belongings in preparation to move out of the apartment, and deputies would have torn through the packaging during the search.

There was no conversation about a clue being missed, Megli said.

"I never said that," Megli said Friday. "If I would have heard that there was 'something' in the garage, don't you think I would have called the police?"

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/...tion/13202339/

:back:

"Lastly, Megli included a personal message to the Lee family. 'Please don't kill me next.', she said. 'I swear I didn't tell the cops anything.'

I'm guessing the problem with checking CLs car with a dog is that he can just say, "Of course, she's been in my car."

That Desert Sun article has apparently been taken down.

Edit: Nevermind. Found it.

"Lastly, Megli included a personal message to the Lee family. 'Please don't kill me next.', she said. 'I swear I didn't tell the cops anything.'

What?! Seriously? Lol!

When I click on the link to the Desert Sun article it says page not found. Is there another link?

:laughing: I literally laughed out loud!

Nothing has been publicized about what was found, if anything, in the first 4 search warrants (both apts & both cars) has it?

Nothing has been publicized about what was found, if anything, in the first 4 search warrants (both apts & both cars) has it?

Nope. All that we had was the search warrants themselves. No list of items like we had the two newer search warrants.

Wow!...a text to the Lee family. I'm sure LE has a record of that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993