Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
There appear to be so many concerned friends and colleagues writing about this on SM. Saw that there is potentially a search party being organized in San Jose for tomorrow.

But what I still REALLY want to hear is where she was last seen in Palo Alto and by whom. What was her state of mind was when she was last seen in Palo Alto? Was she with friends having a good time or did she leave straight from a business meeting?

Seems like super important info IMO. Not sure why MSM isn't asking those questions and finding out.

Wouldn't surprise me that she knows someone in the area. I just can't come up with why an outgoing, social, tech exec would not return her rental car and miss an important awards ceremony.
Social, tech exec? she has been a ceo of the co shes with now for what 13 years and has a following of 270 on her IG account. I know a few ceo's of their own companies and they sure aren't what they portray on SM.

This reminds me of several other cases. I'm trying to think of one that ended well. I'd really like to believe LE have a reason for saying they think she's voluntarily missing.

Unfortunately... I've seen too many "voluntarily missing" people end up murdered. So, I will wait for LE to give us a reason why they believe that before I hope it is true.

It is just WEIRD enough that I'm hoping she's just disoriented somewhere....

Social, tech exec? she has been a ceo of the co shes with now for what 13 years and has a following of 270 on her IG account. I know a few ceo's of their own companies and they sure aren't what they portray on SM.

I don't put much stock into how many followers someone has on their IG page. She's not a particularly frequent poster, and she's not a teenager. She may just not choose to put lot of energy into that SM avenue.

Yes, I'd say she's a social tech exec based on the amount of parties and work events she posts. That certainly doesn't mean she has a lot of close friendships- lord knows I believe SM is a shallow and huge facade for many people. But I'd say she is generally social *enough* that it would be odd to miss a big awards ceremony. And odd not to return a rental car. I think it's safe to assume that most people who hold a respectable job of any sort and seem to integrate into society would not take off with a rental car.

But as we all are, I'm only going on what I see from the outside looking in.

MOO.

It was reported that she was there for a conference and to meet up with friends. So, I think it's a given that she knew people there but I don't think she went visiting friends on her way to the airport when she had the rental car to return.

And, according to her husband, she was confused and was trying to figure out where she was, still saying she was going to the airport... Why was she confused? Medical issue? Did somebody drug her? MOO

I hope she wasn’t carjacked and harmed, or something along those lines.

It was reported that she was there for a conference and to meet up with friends. So, I think it's a given that she knew people there but I don't think she went visiting friends on her way to the airport when she had the rental car to return.

And, according to her husband, she was confused and was trying to figure out where she was, still saying she was going to the airport... Why was she confused? Medical issue? Did somebody drug her? MOO
Husband also said no fluidity in conversation when she was allegedly near airport --she kept jumping topics. It sounds like under the influence of something, or not skilled at being dishonest. A work week missing is far too long-- vanished without a trace. :eek:

The thought of a TIA (mini stroke) also occurred to me.

Transient Ischemic Attack | TIA | Mini-stroke| MedlinePlus
That fits. But, then I still have the same questions.

Why was her phone off?
Where is the vehicle?
If she crashed, didn't anybody notice?

I'm not familiar with this area so I'm relying on Google maps and local posters who are all saying the same thing - if she was in an accident, the car would have been found.

Has anyone thought that there may have been someone else with her in the vehicle? Someone who needed a ride home or to the airport? MOO

I don't know Pommy. :( It just occurred to me that the TIA might explain why she was lost and confused.

Could her phone have already been running low? Normally I'm sure she'd not let that happen but if she was disoriented?

How far would she need to drive to get to an area where the car and her could disappear in an accident?

That fits. But, then I still have the same questions.

Why was her phone off?
Where is the vehicle?
If she crashed, didn't anybody notice?

I'm not familiar with this area so I'm relying on Google maps and local posters who are all saying the same thing - if she was in an accident, the car would have been found.

Has anyone thought that there may have been someone else with her in the vehicle? Someone who needed a ride home or to the airport? MOO

I do think it's possible there was someone else with her in the vehicle. Sure wish the news had said that though if true.

Yes, if she was coming from Palo Alto in order to get to SJC airport, and had a car accident, then I really don't see how she'd be overlooked. It's a very populated and urban area.

The only way I think a crashed car could be overlooked is if she headed from the last ping location out into the mountains or parks.

Another possibility I suppose is that she parked somewhere- in the neighborhood of the last ping- and passed out. In which case I could see a situation where a parked car with someone passed out (or worse) inside might be overlooked. Even several days out. Come to think of it, this is probably my best hypothesis at this point.
MOO.

Last edited:
The thought of a TIA (mini stroke) also occurred to me.

Transient Ischemic Attack | TIA | Mini-stroke| MedlinePlus
A friend of mine suffered an aneurism while driving; fortunately, he was with a friend at the time and the friend helped steer the car to safety. Aneurisms can happen to anyone at any age. Again, given the population density, it's hard to imagine how she could have gone unnoticed in the case of a medical event.

I don't know Pommy. :( It just occurred to me that the TIA might explain why she was lost and confused.

Could her phone have already been running low? Normally I'm sure she'd not let that happen but if she was disoriented?

How far would she need to drive to get to an area where the car and her could disappear in an accident?
If she was using GPS, her phone battery would drain faster than normal. Combined with the disorientation, yeah, I could see it going completely dead.

I can't look at that map any more tonight - my eyes are crossed! I remember seeing a creek to the east, a lake to the north (if she got turned back around) but there doesn't seem to be anywhere that there's not homes, businesses, or something. MOO

If she was using GPS, her phone battery would drain faster than normal. Combined with the disorientation, yeah, I could see it going completely dead.

I can't look at that map any more tonight - my eyes are crossed! I remember seeing a creek to the east, a lake to the north (if she got turned back around) but there doesn't seem to be anywhere that there's not homes, businesses, or something. MOO

I'm thinking that EV is a techie, driving a 2020 Nissan model that probably took care of her GPS needs.

Depending how much traveling EV did on Monday, probably had her phone paired/charged up without effort. Also believe if phone suddenly turned off, she was most likely responsible. (Not clear to me if this was a gradual shut down).

Also, besides a techie -EV appears to be a seasoned business traveler, so I'd expect her to be prepared, efficient with her electronic devices.

If departure scheduled for Monday, maybe she spent those last hours in town at happy hour with "friends" she was said to be visiting, and somebody spiked her beverage. Perhaps that would explain the state she presented in during last convo with husband.

Really anxious for the timeline... where is it!

MOO

Last edited:
Latest update from the Help Find Erin Valenti Facebook page:

"I am Erin’s husband and am heavily involved in her search. The car surprisingly does not have any tracking devices and there has been no activity on any credit/ debit/ atm cards. San Jose pd have a missing persons report, but have labeled as a voluntary disappearance. We don’t accept this and it is extremely out of character, but this results in them not doing any active searching. Anybody who can help look for her, pressure authorities to do more, anything else would be much appreciated. Because the car has not turned up, we are wondering if it may be in a more remote area - she was low and gas and there were no gas station charges. Please help search remote areas around south San Jose. If anyone has drones, that may help scan the area. Thank you all for your well wishes during this incredibly difficult time."

(I'm a little unclear on what he says about the gas stations- I'm assuming "there were no gas station charges" means it was a hybrid?)

Could someone have been following her? Maybe she didn't want to tell her husband in case she was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member