CA: "From the moment she was placed in my arms...."

I think Casey used her mother's possessiveness of Caylee to suit herself, as the need arose.

Cindy was a built-in free babysitter - didn't one of her co-workers tell LE that Casey would drop Caylee off at the office on a regular basis for Cindy to watch over when Casey had to go to "work"?

It was Cindy who was providing the financial support, paying for food, and clothes, and enough stuffed animals to fill Toys R' Us. Not to mention the roof over their heads.

This is what Cindy posted on her now-gone myspace page way back on July 3rd - the day that Casey was dodging her brother at a restaurant:
She came into my life unexspectedly, just as she has left me. This precious little angel from above gave me strength and unconditional love. Now she is gone and I don’t know why. All I am guilty of is loving her and providing her a safe home. Jealousy has taken her away. Jealousy from the one person that should be thankfull for all of the love and support given to her. A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?

I think Miss Casey resented her mother for being everything that she herself wasn't, and at the same time was happy to throw the burden of responsibility onto someone else so she could live a charmed, self-indulgent life.

Casey used Caylee as a weapon, knowing that access to her daughter was the one thing she could use against her mother.

Cindy used money as a weapon, knowing it was the one thing she could use against Casey. But Casey outwitted her there, and simply stole what she needed.

I think Casey used her mother's possessiveness of Caylee to suit herself, as the need arose.

Cindy was a built-in free babysitter - didn't one of her co-workers tell LE that Casey would drop Caylee off at the office on a regular basis for Cindy to watch over when Casey had to go to "work"?

It was Cindy who was providing the financial support, paying for food, and clothes, and enough stuffed animals to fill Toys R' Us. Not to mention the roof over their heads.

This is what Cindy posted on her now-gone myspace page way back on July 3rd - the day that Casey was dodging her brother at a restaurant:

I think Miss Casey resented her mother for being everything that she herself wasn't, and at the same time was happy to throw the burden of responsibility onto someone else so she could live a charmed, self-indulgent life.

Casey used Caylee as a weapon, knowing that access to her daughter was the one thing she could use against her mother.

Cindy used money as a weapon, knowing it was the one thing she could use against Casey. But Casey outwitted her there, and simply stole what she needed.

This is such a sad case all the way around.

I think it was an unusual thing for a grandmother to say, no matter what. It definitely sounded like she considered herself Caylee's mother and she probably was, for all intents and purposes.

From my understanding she DID think of Caylee as her daughter. One of Casey's friends(it might have been Jesse Grund actually) said Cindy used to refer to herself as "Mommy" to Caylee. I think that Caylee even called Cindy "Mommy."

I just think that Cindy is a control freak. I always think to myself that if Cindy would have stayed the eff out of everything and let Kio adopt Caylee that the little girl would be alive today.

bolded & underlined by me. ITA, Caylee would be living if it wasn't for CA's actions, period. She started the train rolling.:furious:
I'm not sure I agree with that.

Casey never told her parents she was pregnant - they found out when the guests at a wedding commented on Casey's seven-months-along belly. (How they managed to delude themselves is just as puzzling as how Casey managed to pull it off.)

What was Casey planning to do when the baby was born? Knowing what we do about her survival instincts, I'm not at all sure little Caylee wouldn't have wound up in a dumpster at birth.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

Casey never told her parents she was pregnant - they found out when the guests at a wedding commented on Casey's seven-months-along belly. (How they managed to delude themselves is just as puzzling as how Casey managed to pull it off.)

What was Casey planning to do when the baby was born? Knowing what we do about her survival instincts, I'm not at all sure little Caylee wouldn't have wound up in a dumpster at birth.

I think that's very possible.

It is funny how people interperate things. To me, that was such a sweet thing for Cindy to say. I have 10 g/k's, and I have said that about each of them. She did say it was Casey that gave her that gift. I really think she was just letting her know how thankful she was to have her in her life.

That's right chastity,Cindy did say "Thank you Casey for giving me one of the greatest gifts..."(paraphrasing).She was admiring both of them.

Also found it odd that Cindy said she had THREE children. My mother would say, "my two children and grandson." My heart breaks for this family and the unbelievable pain they are going through -- but the wording is very strange -- and goes to exactly your point.

The comment about her having THREE children sounded VERY strange. She also thanked Casey for giving her the greatest "gift" she had ever received (Caylee).

IMO Cindy's statement about how she reacted when Casey told her of her pregnancy...........BS! KC was in her seventh month when they attended that wedding and Cindy was STILL denying it even though several family members noticed her baby bump.

1. The Anthonys are criticized too much and not given enough empathy for their horrible grief.

2. CA and KC have severe issues and CA seemed like a controlling mother and wife to the point of it being a disorder.

3. CA and GA are probably pretty affable people, before this all happened, and would seem ok.

4. KC is a pure sociopath, but CA seems to have some degree of this in the sense of the narcissm.

5. Lee is hard to read, and I get an uncomfortable feel from him.

6. I am sure the Anthonys are tired of the media nitpicks and hyperfocus in every move they make, every word they say.

7. Poor George, my heart goes out to him second only to Caylee. I KNOW these grandparents loved Caylee.

8. Until the straw that broke the camel's back KC probably seemed like a normal enough, loving mother whose faults were her stealing money and laziness. I am sure no one thought she would hurt or neglect Caylee. But I am also sure no one thought she was an angel.

I don't know this case is overwhelming but #'s 9-infinity and beyond, plus truly #1 should be Caylee. Caylee only. Poor angel.

The one comment that bothered me the most in Cindy's speech was the part about Caylee being the greatest gift she's ever recieved. As much as I can't stand Casey for what she did to her daughter I felt that was a REALLY low blow to Casey that she said that. It just made it seem like Casey wasn't a great gift to her or didn't mean anything to her. She should have worded it that "Caylee was one of the greatest gifts that I ever recieved."

I agree 100%, not just what she said, but how she said it. It was like she was saying how much she loves casey, then pauses, and BAM you gave me Caylee, like thats all Casey has been worth to her.

That's right chastity,Cindy did say "Thank you Casey for giving me one of the greatest gifts..."(paraphrasing).She was admiring both of them.

Cindy took it upon herself to reach out to Casey during this memorial, we know she shouldn't have but she did.

This is what she said verbally...

Casey I hope you’re able to hear me today, I love you and I wish I could comfort you right now. I wish I could take away all of your pain and wipe away your tears. I want to thank you for giving me the greatest gift that I have ever received and that is for Caylee Marie.

But she said it like this...

Casey I hope you’re able to hear me today, I love you and I wish I could comfort you right now. I wish I could take away all of your pain and wipe away your tears.there is a bit of a pause, one would really feel how much their mother loves themI want to thank you for giving me the greatest gift that I have ever receivedthats what most mothers say their children are to them, the greatest gift they always wanted, again a bit of a pauseand that is for Caylee Marie.

"Thank you Casey for giving me one of the greatest gifts..."is not what she said. she said...I want to thank you for giving me the greatest gift that I have ever received and that is for Caylee Marie.

I think that is pretty twisted.

1. The Anthonys are criticized too much and not given enough empathy for their horrible grief.

2. CA and KC have severe issues and CA seemed like a controlling mother and wife to the point of it being a disorder.

3. CA and GA are probably pretty affable people, before this all happened, and would seem ok.

4. KC is a pure sociopath, but CA seems to have some degree of this in the sense of the narcissm.

5. Lee is hard to read, and I get an uncomfortable feel from him.

6. I am sure the Anthonys are tired of the media nitpicks and hyperfocus in every move they make, every word they say

Cindy put herself out there, she asked for everything she is getting fromt he media
7. Poor George, my heart goes out to him second only to Caylee. I KNOW these grandparents loved Caylee.
8. Until the straw that broke the camel's back KC probably seemed like a normal enough, loving mother whose faults were her stealing money and laziness. I am sure no one thought she would hurt or neglect Caylee. But I am also sure no one thought she was an angel.
I agree, I dont think they can be to blame for Caylee's death, but Cindy can be blamed for how Casey turned out personality wise
I don't know this case is overwhelming but #'s 9-infinity and beyond, plus truly #1 should be Caylee. Caylee only. Poor angel.

I dont' think the A's ever thought Caylee could actually be injured. I do hold Cindy completely responsible for Casey mental state. There is something seriously wrong with Cindy. Lee is sick making the memorial all about Casey.

GA seemed authentic when he spoke and for a day shined with integrity that I needed to witness from him to rest my own heart that he will be able to keep this trait up till the very end. God Bless him! No judgement or comment about CA. A day of reprieve from me. My silence is golden!

Maybe tomorrow then?:waitasec:

KC often refers to Caylee as being part of "us"... like her fingers on the hand analogy. This family's boundaries are different from many other family's...

That was an analogy from George not Cindy.:)

Thank you :blowkiss:

Caylee is dead and this was for Caylee, So I don't believe that Cindy would say Casey you were the Greatest gift to me and Caylee was also the Greatest Gift to me

This was about her Feelings for Caylee

Jmo

It was also about her feelings for Casey, as I recall her speaking directly to Casey and telling of her love and how she wished she could dry her tears and thanking her for THE greatest gift she ever received. She was actually conversing to Casey when she made the comment that is the being debated, so although it was supposed to be about Caylee, Cindy took this chance, as did they all, to make it about Casey-the daughter who did not want to involve the public and who did not even care to ask to watch the memorial. It would have been a simple thing for her to say her children and her grandchild were her greatest gifts in life, but she did not choose those words. She outed HER children for the one she was surrogate mother unto.

I don't believe Cindy said 'her' three kids. I think she said she was blessed with three children. As she was.

Well, if you want to get technical Chilly she was blessed with two children of her own and one grandchild...just splitting hairs.:crazy:

I would be thrilled and proud to hear my mother say that my children were the best gift she ever received. I only wish that was the case.

Ditto! You got me there!:eek:

Are we sure that Cindy did mention holding Caylee first? I found a transcript of her speech on a blog type site - so I don't think I can link to it - and that's not in there.

"The moment I saw Caylee Marie and the instant she was placed in my arms, she stole my heart forever. My heart just melted. I knew from then on that her heart was strong and that she would be a very special child. Caylee was a perfect baby."

That was actually "her spirit was strong"...

No-she said THE greatest gift.:rolleyes:

Maybe tomorrow then?:waitasec:

That was an analogy from George not Cindy.:)

It was also about her feelings for Casey, as I recall her speaking directly to Casey and telling of her love and how she wished she could dry her tears and thanking her for THE greatest gift she ever received. She was actually conversing to Casey when she made the comment that is the being debated, so although it was supposed to be about Caylee, Cindy took this chance, as did they all, to make it about Casey-the daughter who did not want to involve the public and who did not even care to ask to watch the memorial. It would have been a simple thing for her to say her children and her grandchild were her greatest gifts in life, but she did not choose those words. She outed HER children for the one she was surrogate mother unto.

Well, if you want to get technical Chilly she was blessed with two children of her own and one grandchild...just splitting hairs.:crazy:

Ditto! You got me there!:eek:

That was actually "her spirit was strong"...

No-she said THE greatest gift.:rolleyes:

Let's not forget compassion, of which KC is full, as well as .....ah cheezy poofs.

Let's not forget compassion, of which KC is full, as well as .....ah cheezy poofs.

In ALL of this, there has not been ONE example of compassion from KC. For proof of the contrary see the 8/14 jailhouse tape when KC first arrives and sees CA crying, utterly bereft and destroyed, and chirps "Why's Mom crying?" duh... maybe cuz her beloved baby granddaughter has been missing for months and will be found skeletonized 4 months later?

KC may have a lot of good points that we have not been privy to, but I highly doubt that "compassion" is one of them. This is another attempt to gild the lily, to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. My heart breaks for GA & CA et al, for the crushing pain they live in every moment now, but really...

When obvious disregard of the truth is trotted out, cast out there as truth, and any other time I'd be allowed to snort in disgust and walk away, but I'm captive, as in respect for Caylee at her memorial, so to be seemly, I must quench my disbelief, swallow my dismay and disgust, sit quietly and drink the Kool-aid, pretend belief despite my disbelief... it rather pizzes me off. When I recognize this feeling/setting, I recognize it now:

Manipulators use this setting to turn the worm to their advantage. They sow the seed in this kind of situation, where you're captive, (based on something like your respect for the deceased, or you're at work and don't want to lose your job because they will cause a scene, or you need them to be quiet because the baby is sleeping, whatever), to put the foundation of their next attack in place. Then afterward, it's "well, like I said at the memorial, she's innocent, and you agreed with me" (unspoken: because you didn't disagree at the time, so you don't get to disagree now or ever after).

My attempt to explain this is clumsy. We're all trying to fiigure this out. We all bring individual life experiences here, cast ourselves on the table under the bright lights of others' scrutiny, to see if we can find the key to this.

When George was talking, I did not get the sense that-- other than his request to send letters to KC (GA, love ya... but you REALLY don't want KC to get a letter from me)-- he had an agenda other than remembering Caylee. LA and CA, hmmm... not so sure.

Furthermore, if CA was so careful to thank KC for "the greatest gift ever" however she phrased it, doesn't that mean that KC is what was referred to as an Indian giver back in the days before PC? One who gives something then takes it away? Yeah, thanks. I just LOVE this sort of conditional "gift". Without the night, one doesn't value the day? Without the pain, one doesn't appreciate the joy? My love gives me a beautiful jewel, but snatches it away and throws it in a swamp like a piece of garbage, and I thank him then for the jewel? hmmm.

Not meaning to be snarky here, sorry if it comes off that way... I am truly contemplative of these dark issues. Evil people have shadowed me for most of my life (no I'm not paranoid, they really did). Now I am in a time and place of relative safety, but I still wear scars. Perhaps I try to figure out how evil works, how the minds of evil people work, so that when next I encounter evil, I'll be better prepared to deal with it, and at best to fend it off. This case is a textbook of evil. The evil at the core is KC. "By their works shall ye know them." Everything she touches turns to $h!t. But how far does the evil extend? How far down does the rot go? How do you id them BEFORE they harm you and yours? How do those around (her) get sucked into the slimey snot of evil? Till they can stand at a eulogy for their beloved murdered grandchild, and thank the (alleged) murderer for her birth, yet not her death? These are not just theological questions, these are life and death ones. Failure to see the evil cost Caylee her life.

Must go to work. No more time to wrestle with the dark side.

In ALL of this, there has not been ONE example of compassion from KC. For proof of the contrary see the 8/14 jailhouse tape when KC first arrives and sees CA crying, utterly bereft and destroyed, and chirps "Why's Mom crying?" duh... maybe cuz her beloved baby granddaughter has been missing for months and will be found skeletonized 4 months later?

KC may have a lot of good points that we have not been privy to, but I highly doubt that "compassion" is one of them. This is another attempt to gild the lily, to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. My heart breaks for GA & CA et al, for the crushing pain they live in every moment now, but really...

When obvious disregard of the truth is trotted out, cast out there as truth, and any other time I'd be allowed to snort in disgust and walk away, but I'm captive, as in respect for Caylee at her memorial, so to be seemly, I must quench my disbelief, swallow my dismay and disgust, sit quietly and drink the Kool-aid, pretend belief despite my disbelief... it rather pizzes me off. When I recognize this feeling/setting, I recognize it now:

Manipulators use this setting to turn the worm to their advantage. They sow the seed in this kind of situation, where you're captive, (based on something like your respect for the deceased, or you're at work and don't want to lose your job because they will cause a scene, or you need them to be quiet because the baby is sleeping, whatever), to put the foundation of their next attack in place. Then afterward, it's "well, like I said at the memorial, she's innocent, and you agreed with me" (unspoken: because you didn't disagree at the time, so you don't get to disagree now or ever after).

My attempt to explain this is clumsy. We're all trying to fiigure this out. We all bring individual life experiences here, cast ourselves on the table under the bright lights of others' scrutiny, to see if we can find the key to this.

When George was talking, I did not get the sense that-- other than his request to send letters to KC (GA, love ya... but you REALLY don't want KC to get a letter from me)-- he had an agenda other than remembering Caylee. LA and CA, hmmm... not so sure.

Furthermore, if CA was so careful to thank KC for "the greatest gift ever" however she phrased it, doesn't that mean that KC is what was referred to as an Indian giver back in the days before PC? One who gives something then takes it away? Yeah, thanks. I just LOVE this sort of conditional "gift". Without the night, one doesn't value the day? Without the pain, one doesn't appreciate the joy? My love gives me a beautiful jewel, but snatches it away and throws it in a swamp like a piece of garbage, and I thank him then for the jewel? hmmm.

Not meaning to be snarky here, sorry if it comes off that way... I am truly contemplative of these dark issues. Evil people have shadowed me for most of my life (no I'm not paranoid, they really did). Now I am in a time and place of relative safety, but I still wear scars. Perhaps I try to figure out how evil works, how the minds of evil people work, so that when next I encounter evil, I'll be better prepared to deal with it, and at best to fend it off. This case is a textbook of evil. The evil at the core is KC. "By their works shall ye know them." Everything she touches turns to $h!t. But how far does the evil extend? How far down does the rot go? How do you id them BEFORE they harm you and yours? How do those around (her) get sucked into the slimey snot of evil? Till they can stand at a eulogy for their beloved murdered grandchild, and thank the (alleged) murderer for her birth, yet not her death? These are not just theological questions, these are life and death ones. Failure to see the evil cost Caylee her life.

Excellent post :) Wish I was that clear at 6:30 in the morning!

There's the pathology...in a nutshell. Notify the squirrels. :doh:

When we are on the phone, my mother always says things like: "Kiss my babies for me." I certainly don't think she is implying that she is more of their mother than I am. It's just a way of speaking. And, boy....I'd better call my best friend. Two days ago her 5 month old was hospitalized with RSV. When she called to tell me, I said, "Kiss my baby" to her when we got off the phone. In my family, referring to a close friend or family member's child as "my baby" is a term of endearment. I certainly wouldn't say that to a stranger, but to say that regarding my best friend's daughter was totally within our normal behavior.

When Caylee was born maybe they placed her in Cindy's
arms because Casey told Cindy when she born she wanted
nothing to do with her we know she wanted to give Caylee away
and Cindy said know....Just thinking do you think I am right are wrong ?

When we are on the phone, my mother always says things like: "Kiss my babies for me." I certainly don't think she is implying that she is more of their mother than I am. It's just a way of speaking. And, boy....I'd better call my best friend. Two days ago her 5 month old was hospitalized with RSV. When she called to tell me, I said, "Kiss my baby" to her when we got off the phone. In my family, referring to a close friend or family member's child as "my baby" is a term of endearment. I certainly wouldn't say that to a stranger, but to say that regarding my best friend's daughter was totally within our normal behavior.

Hi M-Nothing wrong with that type of endearment,when there are no issues. "Kiss my baby" coming from your mom to you is obviously a type of endearment between you & your mom-and harmless, even a sweet sharing, and understood that it's fine with both of you.

.... But, everything with this family has to be taken in context. Why? because they are unlike most other families....This family has loads of territorial issues over Caylee. You can bet neither of them is "fine" in the least, with the other claiming Caylee as their own. It's the root of everything here. It's been ongoing since the moment of Caylee's birth when she was handed to CA, instead of KC, and it's never ended. Likely, it's a large part of the reason Caylee is no longer living, as well.

(Nothing directed at Marellano, :blowkiss:eek:f course, just that her example is such a perfect example of why, what is fine and normal for the norm family, just takes on a whole new meaning with the Anth's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back