GUILTY CA - Gabriel Fernandez, 8, tortured to death, Palmdale, 22 May 2013

Borndem
Thanks for the nice welcome! Wish it would've been under different circumstances I joined bc of Gabriel❤️❤️

He was such a sweet looking little boy. The picture of him cuddling the chihuahua just melts my heart. I feel so sad for his teacher who tried to help him and no one took it seriously and he died so horribly after months of torture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming up in January - no dates yet that I have seen.

January, no date set:
*Trial set to begin (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 23, 2013) - Child Services personnel (Stephanie Rodrigues, Patricia Clement, and supervisors Kevin Bloom & Gregory Merritt) for one felony count child abuse & falsifying records - trial will start in January, 2018/starts at 8:30am PT/had hearing on Oct. 20th.
Pearl Fernandez (29) ("mom") accused to 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP; Trial set for mid November, no actual "date" set yet.
Isauro Aguiree (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez); trial started 10/16; found GUILTY 11/15/17 & sentenced to DEATH on 12/13/17 .
No update as of 11/8

*Intellectual Disability Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) - Pearl Sinthia Fernandez (34/29 @ time of crime) ("mom") accused to 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP; actual "date" set yet.
A 11/9 hearing was held re PF's intellectual Disability; About her claim of a low IQ, the prosecution is challenging that, alleging that Fernandez was sophisticated in her ability to work the system and evade questions that came from school officials and the Department of Children and Family Services. Hearing for this will be held sometime in January.
Isauro Aguiree (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez) - accused of 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP; trial started 10/16. Found GUILTY 11/15/17 & sentenced to DEATH on 12/13/17

I edited my list on IA - he will be sentenced on March 8th.

Nothing yet on Pearl's court date - or least I can't find anything; and nothing on the Child Services workers either....

:waiting:

Anyone see any updates on these two cases yet??

TIA!! :wave:

This happened in the county I live in. I went and sat in several days earlier this month as it was open to the public. I almost didn't go because i was aware it was the worst case of child abuse on record , and the fact it includes actual planned torture over 8 months--as reported by officials (paramedics, detectives even the hospital medical staff)
When I sat in the , I mean the defendant had either zero emotion and once I did see a smirk cross his face. His whole persona was completely that of having zero remorse, he would do it again if given half a chance.
So good. Good. Death carried the day. I had a feeling it would. I was there the day a long time pediatric physician from children's hospital Los Angeles Kay Imagawa testified for quite a while on the stand regarding what her medical experience entails and her decades on staff there at children's. She also heads up the child abuse dept there that identifies child abuse cases so she is no newbie to seeing or evaluating injuries on a child and she said THIS WAS the WORST case she had EVER seen- hands down and that he looked like a prisoner of war.
My younger brother has done crim defense for close to 20 yrs- about 8 of those were spent up in San Fran at a law organization dedicated solely to death Penalty **appeals**. During his time there because all of his clients were obviously on death row, he would have to meet with his death row clients in Quentin regularly.

I got the inside scoop on something that went down regarding the hold being put on the dp. Anyways now apparently there was something about prop 66, and a bill that was passed created by district attorneys and sherrifs organizations to restart use of the dp and passed albeit narrowly in the Supreme Court if I got all that right. For the most part it's not a good deal me and my brother discussing dp cases when it has to do w a case like this that I believe it is necessary although I don't like the dp in vast majority of cases- for the rare monster child torture killer like Aguirre it's necessary but he doesn't agree w dp ever so it wouldn't be good for us to talk about this case specifically. But in the past when it didn't involve a certain case he did share with me quite a bit. All the staff at his firm took it pretty hard when one of the clients they had was executed I think in 2006?
Anyways good. Relief and tears of relief and vindication for little Gabriel. May his memory be a blessing and comfort to some in his family like his grandfather, real dad Arnold Contreras, his poor brother and sister who are reportedly deeply (of course) affected and apparently the sister of Gabriel , Virginia who's now 14 struggles tremendously and has tried to harm herself on two occasions from the pain of it all, also his first grade teacher Jennifer Garcia who really cared about him and tried so badly to help him trusting or hoping dcfs was doing something.
Their turn to come, fingers crossed for the d card for them- not literally but that they will go down like a deck of cards. They are the exception of social workers who need to serve prison time- let them suffer some of what Gabriel did although it won't come close to what the poor angel endured.
The mother Pearl has a very low iq reportedly so low they are going to have a hearing from believe , there is some code or law that if an inmates iq falls below a certain level they aren't eligible for the dp.

Ladybug21, Thanks so much for sharing and a BIG :tyou: for attending the trial! I so wish I could have been there too.

Looks like Pearl had that hearing today (1/16/18):

*Intellectual Disability Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) - Pearl Sinthia Fernandez (34/29 @ time of crime) ("mom") accused to 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP; actual "date" set yet for January, 2018.
A 11/9 hearing was held re PF's intellectual Disability; About her claim of a low IQ, the prosecution is challenging that, alleging that Fernandez was sophisticated in her ability to work the system and evade questions that came from school officials and the Department of Children and Family Services. Hearing for this will be held sometime in January.
Isauro Aguiree (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez) - accused of 1st degree murder/DA
seeks DP; trial started 10/16. Found GUILTY 11/15/17 & DEATH on 12/13/17;
sentencing March 8th.

Palmdale abuse case: Pre-trial hearing postponed for mother of 8-year-old Gabriel Fernandez
http://abc7.com/palmdale-abuse-case-hearing-postponed-for-boys-mother/2954726/

LOS ANGELES (KABC) --
A pre-trial hearing was postponed Tuesday (1/16/18) for the mother of Gabriel Fernandez, an 8-year-old Palmdale boy who was beaten to death in 2013.
[.....]
A continuance was issued for the hearing after the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said its medical expert had not yet evaluated Fernandez. The mother has pleaded not guilty to murder with the special circumstance of torturing her son.
[.....]
Prosecutors are also seeking the death penalty for Fernandez, whose hearing is now scheduled for Jan. 31.

No mention of the Child Services personnel.....

According to Gabriel's Justice Facebook page, the next pre-trial hearing for the social workers is Feb. 9th. As for Pearl Fernandez, I can't for the life of me figure out why it is taking so long for her psychological evaluation to be complete. :gaah:

Thanks a bunch LaborDayRN for the update on the social workers!!

:bump: for today's hearing:

*Intellectual Disability Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) - Pearl Sinthia Fernandez (34/29 @ time of crime) ("mom") accused to 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP; actual "date" set yet for January, 2018.
A pre-trial hearing was postponed Tuesday (1/16/18) for the mother of Gabriel Fernandez, an 8-year-old Palmdale boy who was beaten to death in 2013. A continuance was issued for the hearing after the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said its medical expert had not yet evaluated Fernandez. Prosecutors are also seeking the death penalty for Fernandez, whose hearing is now scheduled for Jan. 31.
Isauro Aguiree (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez) - accused of 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP; trial started 10/16. Found GUILTY 11/15/17 & DEATH on 12/13/17; sentencing March 8th.

Looks like the Gabriel For Justice FB page is a closed group. Any new news on Pearl, LaborDayRN??

TIA! :wave:

Updates in red:

Wednesday, January 31st:
*Intellectual Disability Hearing - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) – Pearl Sinthia Fernandez (29/now 34) “mom” accused of 1st degree murder/DA seeks DP. A 11/9 hearing was held re PF's intellectual Disability; About her claim of a low IQ, the prosecution is challenging that, alleging that Fernandez was sophisticated in her ability to work the system and evade questions that came from school officials and the Department of Children and Family Services. A pre-trial hearing was postponed Tuesday (1/16/18) for the mother of Gabriel Fernandez, an 8-year-old Palmdale boy who was beaten to death in 2013. A continuance was issued for the hearing after the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said its medical expert had not yet evaluated Fernandez. Prosecutors are also seeking the death penalty for Fernandez.
Court docs show a pretrial hearing set for Feb. 15th
Isauro Aguirre (32), BF of Pearl accused of 1st degree murder had trial start Oct. 16th/DA seeks DP; found guilty of all charges; jurors gave him death penalty, sentencing March 8th.
CPS Workers set for pretrial hearing on Feb. 9th

Friday, February 9th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 23, 2013) - Child Services personnel (Stephanie Rodrigues, Patricia Clement, and supervisors Kevin Bloom & Gregory Merritt) for one felony count child abuse & falsifying records -had hearing on Oct. 20, 2017
Pearl Fernandez (29) ("mom") accused to 1st degree murder; DA seeks DP; last hearing Jan. 31, 2018, next hearing 2/15; Isauro Aguire (32), (BF of Pearl Fernandez); trial started 10/16/17; found guilty 11/15/17 & rec'd Death, sentencing will be March 8th.

I looked up these 4 in the LA County dockets, but they don't show anything about them. :dunno:

Thursday, February 15th:

*Pretrial Hearing & Set Date for Trial - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) – Pearl Sinthia Fernandez (29/now 34) “mom” accused of 1st degree murder; DA seeks DP. A 11/9/17 hearing was held re PF's intellectual Disability; About her claim of a low IQ, the prosecution is challenging that, alleging that Fernandez was sophisticated in her ability to work the system and evade questions that came from school officials and the Department of Children and Family Services. A pre-trial hearing was postponed Tuesday (1/16/18). A continuance was issued for the hearing after the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said its medical expert had not yet evaluated Fernandez. Prosecutors are also seeking the death penalty for Fernandez.
Isauro Aguirre (32), BF of Pearl accused of 1st degree murder had trial start Oct. 16, 2017, found guilty of all charges; jurors gave him death penalty, sentencing March 8th.

Thursday, February 15th:

*Pretrial Hearing & Set Date for Trial - CA - Gabriel Fernandez (8) (May 22, 2013) – Pearl Sinthia Fernandez (29/now 34) “mom” accused of 1st degree murder; DA seeks DP. A 11/9/17 hearing was held re PF's intellectual Disability; About her claim of a low IQ, the prosecution is challenging that, alleging that Fernandez was sophisticated in her ability to work the system and evade questions that came from school officials and the Department of Children and Family Services. A pre-trial hearing was postponed Tuesday (1/16/18). A continuance was issued for the hearing after the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said its medical expert had not yet evaluated Fernandez. Prosecutors are also seeking the death penalty for Fernandez.
Isauro Aguirre (32), BF of Pearl accused of 1st degree murder had trial start Oct. 16, 2017, found guilty of all charges; jurors gave him death penalty, sentencing March 8th.
On the Gabriel's justice page they have this hearing as an event for today and it says its happening in 3 hours time. I will keep checking back to see if they post anything. X

and here's another article:

Palmdale abuse case: Mother of slain 8-year-old Gabriel Fernandez pleads guilty
http://abc7.com/palmdale-abuse-case-slain-boys-mother-pleads-guilty/3089402/

LOS ANGELES (KABC) --
A Palmdale woman, accused of torturing and murdering her 8-year-old son, entered a guilty plea in exchange for life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Pearl Fernandez admitted in court Thursday to willfully killing her son Gabriel Fernandez back in 2013. She also waved all of her rights to appeal the case or anything related to it.
[.....]
Sentencing for Pearl Fernandez is scheduled for June 7.

Still pending is a trial for four social workers who are accused of failing to take action to protect Gabriel.

:judge:

Hi everyone! Thanks for keeping the thread updated! I've been working long hours lately. I'm happy to hear that Pearl Fernandez entered a guilty plea and admitted to willfully killing little Gabriel. I believe in CA persons on death row are isolated from the general population but those who get life are in general population. I'm curious how her fellow inmates will feel about her.

I'm relieved that the family, medical personnel, first responders and everyone else will be spared the details of what this little boy endured for a second time.

Now on to the social workers..............

Yes, now for the social workers....

:waiting: Have seen no updates since their court hearing on Friday, Feb. 9th. None of them are in the LA court dockets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back